July testers - Over 35

Y'all need to move to NI - schools have been off for a week already!

WOW, I'm on my way!! When do they go back though?? We're back on 7th Sept - 6 weeks holiday for me :happydance:

Bubba - I try to test at about 2pm but that is difficult when at work! On work days I test when I get home at about 6pm. I know what you mean about the trying to drink loads of fluids (better for CM and so on) but then being too hydrated for opk. I think that even with this, though, the opks still tend to work - as both the control and test lines will be lighter. Does that make sense?

Jodes - I'm planning on buying digis and IC this cycle. I have irregular cycles and so can get through loads of opks. The plan is to use Ic opks until I get one that looks positive (or near to) and then use the digi.

Yup Struth that's what I do!

Thank goodness for eBay ICs :rofl:!!!

Y'all need to move to NI - schools have been off for a week already!

WOW, I'm on my way!! When do they go back though?? We're back on 7th Sept - 6 weeks holiday for me :happydance:

Leicestershire where I used to live and went to school used to break up at the end of June (it was because the factories closed for the first 2 weeks of July). Not sure if they still do :)

Wendy can you mark me as being visited by the AF :witch:

So tomorrow will be CD1 for me :)

Kids here had their last day of school June 30th, and start up again on September 6th! DH is starting university in September to be a teacher, relieved yet jealous he'll get to spend all summer with the kids while I work!

For the record, I do use the ClearBlue digital monitor once the IC test band is as dark as the control band, but in the days leading up to O, I love that with the IC bands you can start seeing faint test bands appearing (which would show up as negative on the ClearBlue) and see them getting darker and darker as you near ovulation!

Completely agree

Bubba - I try to test at about 2pm but that is difficult when at work! On work days I test when I get home at about 6pm. I know what you mean about the trying to drink loads of fluids (better for CM and so on) but then being too hydrated for opk. I think that even with this, though, the opks still tend to work - as both the control and test lines will be lighter. Does that make sense?

Jodes - I'm planning on buying digis and IC this cycle. I have irregular cycles and so can get through loads of opks. The plan is to use Ic opks until I get one that looks positive (or near to) and then use the digi.

I'm guilty of doing that too sshhh!!!! once i found the IC test line get darker i started on the clearblue and it took 3 days until that test became positive and the smiley face lasted for 2 days. I used 6 in total this cycle. 3 days were negative, 2 days were positive and another one negative just to make sure my smiley face had disappeared which it had. When my clearblue went back to negative the IC's was still positive for another few days after. So i suppose the IC's are quite handy for that. x

:hugs: to those visited by :witch:...and :dust: to next cycle....

This is my 3rd cycle trying and I swear I feel like I'm going nuts. Every cycle so far I've thought I felt "different" just to then get a BFN. Sadly, my DH only 1/2 listens to my "symptoms" now...which makes me feel even more nuts. :wacko:

Hence...I've come here to vent to others who can understand me. I'm 7dpo, crampy, EMOTIONAL, and spotting in cm. I haven't said anything to DH this time because if it ends up being a BFN, then he'll be even more convinced that I'm nuts.

Anyway...thanks to you guys for being a sounding board....I'm really glad I found this place....:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->