July testers - Over 35

I'm really irritated by the 2ww this cycle, it seems to be going sooooo slowly... I wish there was some test you could do like 2 days after ov to confirm fertilisation or not - just to tick off that stage so you knew for sure whether you were still in or not! And if not, hey ho, you can relax for another 3-4 weeks until ov comes around again. But this waiting around analysing every twinge:::: when it might be for nothing.... grrrrr!

Jodes - sorry to hear your unfortunate news. :cry: Hopefully GP can figure out what is going on...I did read this on babyhopes.com. Someone should listen to you since it has happened a few times...

Most chemical pregnancies are due to chromosomal problems in the developing fetus. Other possible causes are inadequate uterine lining, uterine abnormalities both congenital or acquired like fibroids, low hormone levels, luteal phase defect or certain infections.

Thanks you ladies have helped me out so much :hugs: i'm prone to getting UTI infections (had one last month was on anti-biotics) and bubba mentioned iron stores which i'm low on from time to time. But it could be anything? I've never had any issues with conception and pregnancy until this year and somethings not right? It's crazy!!!! I think i need to get back onto the iron supplements again. :hugs:xx

I had a friend who had issues TTC and had recurrent UTIs. Once she got rid of the UTI she got pregnant on her 2nd cycle. I know she had to give up caffeine/sodas and make other dietary changes.

I've been pregnant 3 times and each time it was the first month we tried. Now that I'm 41 - I'm on my 8th cycle! Our family is usually fertile turtles! I'm chalking it up to age...

UTI's are the bain of my life especially when pregnant. I know what you mean we have been very lucky to conceive 1st time with all 4 children and we have never had to try. Since January of this year when we started to ttc #5 half of this time i've been pregnant. And the other 2 months that i wasn't i had an infection. Everything will come good i'm sure.

Jodie definitely see someone for investigations. After 3 MC you qualify for a karyotype (looking at both you and DH's chromosomes) to make sure no subtle changes which increase MC risk. People with balanced translocations have good odds of having healthy children, but are also at risk for MCs. I assess, diagnose and counsel couples with these changes routinely in my Genetics clinic :hugs:

thanks for the piece of info :hugs: i don't know what you think about this but i have a feeling i can't carry a female? x

hi ladies feeling very sad today my pregnancy ended this morning i assume i had a chemical. 3 miscarriages in one year i don't know how much more i can take.

Congratulations struth i am really hoping you have a happy and healthy 9 months xx

I am so sorry Jodes, :cry: :nope::cry: let us know what the doctor says. We are all thinking of you!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm really irritated by the 2ww this cycle, it seems to be going sooooo slowly... I wish there was some test you could do like 2 days after ov to confirm fertilisation or not - just to tick off that stage so you knew for sure whether you were still in or not! And if not, hey ho, you can relax for another 3-4 weeks until ov comes around again. But this waiting around analysing every twinge:::: when it might be for nothing.... grrrrr!

:hugs:

Jodie definitely see someone for investigations. After 3 MC you qualify for a karyotype (looking at both you and DH's chromosomes) to make sure no subtle changes which increase MC risk. People with balanced translocations have good odds of having healthy children, but are also at risk for MCs. I assess, diagnose and counsel couples with these changes routinely in my Genetics clinic :hugs:

thanks for the piece of info :hugs: i don't know what you think about this but i have a feeling i can't carry a female? x

I've been thinking the same thing b/c I've been trying for a boy so I typically don't DTD until I get a positive OPK. I certainly think it's a possibility if there are chromosome issues. It's one of the struggles I've been internalizing every month we've been TTC - do I want #3 regardless of sex or am I really only wanting a boy.

Itotally understand that dilema. I have 2 boys, would love a girl but I do know that I wouldn't just want to have a girl, a boy would be very welcome too. You need to decide if you just want another baby or only a boy. Especially if you are waiting for that positive OPK, that could really lower your chances of getting pregnant. Good luck either way!

Well I am 9DPO and for some reason I decided to test this morning. I am 9DPO, tested with First Response and surprise, surprise, it was -ve.

Quisty it is still too early...hang in there. Believe me I am at 3DPO and I am tempted as well!!! HAHAHA

Hey Jodie and Jenn, there is no genetic condition that completely prevents one from carrying a baby of a specific sex. At the most, there are X-linked diseases (carried on the X chromosome) which affect boys and not girls, but a female carrier of an X-linked disease has a 50% risk of an affected boy, and a 50% risk of a healthy boy. Hope this helps a bit!

Well I am 9DPO and for some reason I decided to test this morning. I am 9DPO, tested with First Response and surprise, surprise, it was -ve.

:hugs: still very early hun! Give it 3-4 more days at least. When are you expecting :witch:?

:hugs: That would be great wouldn't it?!! :haha:

Jodes - Yes keep us informed hun. We all have fx for you that you get some answers as to why this has happened 3 times.

Waiting for the 2ww to go so I can test roll on 19/07 even though I know I will cave and use on of my many ic hpt's early!:haha: I have even longer to wait for OV as I have 42 day cycles I typicaly have a 4ww for OV!!!!!!!!!

Wow I wasn't here for a few days and missed so much!!

Jodes - so sorry for your loss hun :hugs::hugs:

Strewth - congrats!! :hugs::hugs: H&H 9 months!!

AFM, nothing v exciting to report, just waiting for the stupid witch to go away. I'm taking Mac's example and kicking her butt so she's not fit to visit the rest of you.

One piece of news - we have a date for moving house!! 3 weeks today we'll be completing (fx) and probably will move in on 1st Aug. It's kind of crept up on me - we have soooooo much to do!!

Mac - I was stalking your journal and noticed your DH has diabetes. Mine does too - do you know if/how much it can affect fertility?

I've been thinking the same thing b/c I've been trying for a boy so I typically don't DTD until I get a positive OPK. I certainly think it's a possibility if there are chromosome issues. It's one of the struggles I've been internalizing every month we've been TTC - do I want #3 regardless of sex or am I really only wanting a boy.

mmmmm.... it's make you wonder doesn't it? Don't get me wrong if i had another boy it would be fantastic but i would love a girl it would just make my family complete. I want another child purely because i've always wanted a big family. :hugs:

Morning girls,

Myself and DH have decided to give up on SMEP and actively ttc this month. I have more spotting yesterday albeit brown and old blood, i think my body is trying to tell me something. So we are NTNP and just :sex: for fun this month. So no SS and no OPKs. Normally i would still have been able to pinpoint when i was likely to O but after the CP theres no way of telling so the NTNP will make it so much easier on me this month and if by chance i do get another BFP then it is meant to be.
We are both firm believers in "Whats for you wont go by you" so if its meant to be this month it will happen without us timing :sex:

This POAS addict will still be POAS but not until AF due date or after. At least i will still get my fix. lol

Good luck all testers for today.

:dust:

Hey Jodie and Jenn, there is no genetic condition that completely prevents one from carrying a baby of a specific sex. At the most, there are X-linked diseases (carried on the X chromosome) which affect boys and not girls, but a female carrier of an X-linked disease has a 50% risk of an affected boy, and a 50% risk of a healthy boy. Hope this helps a bit!

Sorry if i'm being a bit :dohh: here but are you saying it's only boy chromosomes that some women have problems carrying and not girls?

Jodes - Yes keep us informed hun. We all have fx for you that you get some answers as to why this has happened 3 times.

Waiting for the 2ww to go so I can test roll on 19/07 even though I know I will cave and use on of my many ic hpt's early!:haha: I have even longer to wait for OV as I have 42 day cycles I typicaly have a 4ww for OV!!!!!!!!!

Thanks hun i'm trying to make an appointment online as we speak but no available appointments until next week now. Why is getting an appointment with your doctor so hard in this country? :hugs: I'm in so much pain this morning it's really worrying me now? I am going to demand those tests whether my doctor likes it or not otherwise i'm going to protest :haha: i just wish they would take you seriously. :kiss:

Yikes you do have a long cycle :hugs::kiss:

Morning girls,

Myself and DH have decided to give up on SMEP and actively ttc this month. I have more spotting yesterday albeit brown and old blood, i think my body is trying to tell me something. So we are NTNP and just :sex: for fun this month. So no SS and no OPKs. Normally i would still have been able to pinpoint when i was likely to O but after the CP theres no way of telling so the NTNP will make it so much easier on me this month and if by chance i do get another BFP then it is meant to be.
We are both firm believers in "Whats for you wont go by you" so if its meant to be this month it will happen without us timing :sex:

This POAS addict will still be POAS but not until AF due date or after. At least i will still get my fix. lol

Good luck all testers for today.

:dust:

it makes perfect sense considering you've just had a MC and your still spotting. I'm on the same wave lenght i won't be ttc this cycle but still have :sex: I firstly need to get some answers before ttc but i can't see that happening. I'm very impatient sometimes. It wouldn't surprise if you do end up pregnant this cycle Wendy. Good luck :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->