July testers - Over 35

We have never managed to DTD on actual O day and it has caused some major resentment :growlmad: as I feel like I'm doing so much to improve our chances of TTC and all he has to do is :sex: for about 4 days, it's not that much to ask?

I have to say ladies, this TTC business is not really that good for my relationship and I think I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Next month SMEP which is only every other day but I'm also not taking no for an answer on O day.:nope:

If it makes you less stressed NS, I have been analysing charts on FF (yes I have too much spare time!) picking out those that got pregnant and seeing when they BD'd etc and not a huge percentage BD'd on O day - there were quite a lot that didn't and only BD'd the day or 2 days before.

Also been adding criteria of over 42 and pregnant and TTC less than 6 months and seeing how many came up just to make myself feel better :rofl:

Can you post all your findings on here after your finished analizing them hun? I think we will all be interested in what you uncover.
I for one am super surprised at the day of O information. I assumed that would have been the day with the highet :sex: rate.

Thank you for sharing.

:hugs:

Butterfly,:hugs::hugs:I love doing things like that to try and give me some hope but the statistics are always against me because of my mc's,llbean :hugs::hugs:am praying so so hard for u Hun,jax :hugs::hugs:great to hear u back to your usual happy funny self,keep going Hun,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

We have never managed to DTD on actual O day and it has caused some major resentment :growlmad: as I feel like I'm doing so much to improve our chances of TTC and all he has to do is :sex: for about 4 days, it's not that much to ask?

I have to say ladies, this TTC business is not really that good for my relationship and I think I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Next month SMEP which is only every other day but I'm also not taking no for an answer on O day.:nope:

If it makes you less stressed NS, I have been analysing charts on FF (yes I have too much spare time!) picking out those that got pregnant and seeing when they BD'd etc and not a huge percentage BD'd on O day - there were quite a lot that didn't and only BD'd the day or 2 days before.

Also been adding criteria of over 42 and pregnant and TTC less than 6 months and seeing how many came up just to make myself feel better :rofl:

Brilliant news Butterfly thanks so much for doing this,you've cheered me up no end!:happydance::flower:

Aww hun (((((hugs))))) men dont realise how bloody lucky they have it. All they have to do is perform on the few days that we tell them. They dont have the AF, he cramps, the temping, the opks, the nightmare 2ww and the POAS nerves/dissapointment. I think even the best relationship is put under strain during O time and the run up to it. :hugs::hugs:

Thanks Wendy, I'm so glad that it's not just me, I'm worrying all the time now about catching the egg, and then becuase I have a shortish cycle 26 days, and he's away 14 days/home 14, if I get an early AF it puts us out the game for months.:dohh:

Thank goodness I have you ladies to keep me sane, there is only one friend in real life I can remotely talk to about this stuff (she is TTC#1 at age 40):flower:

Everything that I am reading seems to suggest that the two most significant days are the two before OV, not necessarily the day of ovulation. Best that the swimmers are waiting for the egg I guess. Which doesn't help me a lot, bc I have not been blessed in the EWCM department, except for this cycle from the Tamoxifen.

Sorry , n star your not alone , even the strongest relationship is put under pressure by all this stuff. I also read in a medical journal recently that the day of o is not often the most fertile day its the day of your highest fertile peak which is the last day of ewcm , or wet cm. I too was under the impression o day was the one to grab. It went on to say bd ing 6 to 5 days run up to o is also important.
Hope this help a little .
Ps glad things are settling a little Wendy x

Dach , me either , very little ewcm . Thinking this is something for me to try and tackle next cycle. In oz I'll be able to access advice , meds or pre seed etc.
Good luck

Dach , me either , very little ewcm .:nope: Thinking this is something for me to try and tackle next cycle. In oz I'll be able to access advice , meds or pre seed etc.
Good luck:hugs:

Based on what I know, it definitely is the 2 days BEFORE O that are the optimal timing for conception, not the day of ovulation! That's how we conceived Zoëlle :)

AFM, strongly + OPK again this morning, guess I am going in for another long LH surge. Sigh. Guess another round of BD'ing tomorrow night, as last month I O'ed 2 days after my last +OPK.

Based on what I know, it definitely is the 2 days BEFORE O that are the optimal timing for conception, not the day of ovulation! That's how we conceived Zoëlle :)

AFM, strongly + OPK again this morning, guess I am going in for another long LH surge. Sigh. Guess another round of BD'ing tomorrow night, as last month I O'ed 2 days after my last +OPK.

Hoping this is your month junebug:flower:

Well the proof is in the pudding I guess, thanks June Bug, I feel a bit better now,:thumbup: the pressure I've been putting on myself (and OH) to DTD on O day, next cycle I will not be as worried I think.

It's hard work this TTC stuff, at least during the working week when some nights we'd rather just watch telly and have a cuddle and go to sleep :sleep:

Northstar, you know I'm with you on this one :hugs:

Hello ladies just back from the most crappiest doctors ever to be put on this earth.

Firstly my doctor took a look at my lump and said i have a cyst and it would go away on it's own accord. Relief is an understatment but if i have a cyst don't i need anti-bi?

Secondly because my appointment wasn't rountine (booked an emergency appointment)she couldn't discuss the MC's in detail and said i would have to book another appointment which is in 2 weeks time on the 30th July. However she did give me some advice and that MC's happen all the time and there's not much they can do. And because i only went to the hospital 1 out of 3 times it is higly unlikely i would get a referral for tests as they like it to be on record that you've attended hospital. I only went the once when i was 8 weeks. But in my defence i did ring the hosptial when i was 5+ weeks straight after my 1st MC and they said there was no need to come into hosptial as it will all happen naturally which it did. And my 3rd was a chemical which they don't class as an MC. I will still keep my appointment for the 30th (need to go anyway for meds that i'm on) and speak to another doctor and get their opinion but it seems highly unlikely i will get referred for tests.

Cysts can just go away on their own or stick around and be harmless. If it continues to bother you, they can remove it. My husband had one taken off his back and it's a simple in-office procedure.

I can't believe your doctor couldn't discuss it in detail. It's only another few minutes to help reassure you that everything is OK. Routine or emergency appt, it's their job to take care of you.

We only get a 10mins time slot and even if it's emergency or routine it's still 10mins. I was only in there for 5mins. I suppose i will have to wait and see what the other doctor says not holding much hope. :hugs::kiss:

i am so glad with everything you have gone through that this is a cyst. Cant believe they gave you 10 minutes. How the hell can they justify 10 minutes for an appointment when each case is different. Its bloody outrageous. Emergency appointments are just that and no time limit should be given.

Wendy i completely agree. It's a complete farse!! I wonder why i bother sometimes?! :hugs::kiss:

Sumat, baby hopes and Jen sorry the witch got you. :hugs:

SweetPickles - will add you to the beginning of August. Good Luck

Wendy are your going to start a new thread for August or keep this one?

We definately need an August thread. I have no problem in creating one but a few people last month wanted to create testers thread and i kinda bet them to it so i think its only fair that someone else gets a go. I really dont mind though if there are no takers.

I can also keep putting the August testers on here so that we dont end up having the same conversations on two threads.

I'm happy for you to do it :hugs::kiss:

So I took a FRER at 7PM today at 10 DPO (didn't work at 9 DPO with FMU). I think I'm IN!!!! :)

https://www.lostvault.com/images/sewergrrl/10DPO.jpg

Thats a fab positive and at 10dpo. Sticky vibes. Congrats hun :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::hugs:

Dach , me either , very little ewcm .:nope: Thinking this is something for me to try and tackle next cycle. In oz I'll be able to access advice , meds or pre seed etc.
Good luck:hugs:

Have any of you tried Mucinex or FertileCM to try to improve the quality of EWCM? I was just wondering what your experience was. I was thinking of trying 1 of them this cycle. I also ordered some RJBP as I just stumbled upon a thread about it, and it was truly amazing the amount of women who reported conceiving after they started taking it!

Butterfly,:hugs::hugs:I love doing things like that to try and give me some hope but the statistics are always against me because of my mc's,llbean :hugs::hugs:am praying so so hard for u Hun,jax :hugs::hugs:great to hear u back to your usual happy funny self,keep going Hun,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

True Despi :hugs: - you can also search for charts that are pregnancy after an MC - although I think that kind of search is for VIPs and I only have a few days left of my trial VIP status :(

Will see what I can come up with Wendy but unfortunately won't have time for research in the next 4-5 days as I actually have stuff to do for a change! :)

Northstar, you know I'm with you on this one :hugs:

You're definitely not alone, Northstar. I had to hide all of the OPKs last month and try to be a little more sly about things, because the pressure of having to :sex: at specific times on specific days was starting to get to my DH.

Jodes , sorry our time zones mean it takes me a while to catch up . So sorry about your appointment. Two things if your at all unsure and need more reassurance in the form of a scan for the cyst , just go back telling them it has changed or bled a little. I know its fibbing but sometimes you just have to play the game and push. It's your health. Secondly that really makes me angry re the mc being recorded. It may be a new policy , I've been out of the uk for four years now. If you have a good relationship or can find a good gp , get him/her to refer you stating you have had three mc. They should take your word for it. Again you may need to get pushy and try a few drs before you get there.
Our gp system is hopeless sometimes. They may be under a lot of pressure but all of us in the health care system are. If you were entitled to ten minutes that's what you should have received. Can you call every morning and request cancelled slots to get in a bit earlier ? Good luck lovely.:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Llbean , fingers crossed you never know.:thumbup:
Sewergirl that really is a lovely picture. Well done:happydance:
Thanks for the info re opk junebug. I know have had three temp rises and ff has given me cd12 as my o date. I did get a little ewcm the night before and
then I dried up . I'm a bit anxious now because instead of bd ing we actually had a wee argument so I was totally not in the mood therefor didn't bd. Why oh why is there a doubt or something seems to get messed up every cycle. I was feeling good before I saw those pos opks . Oh well can't do anythin g about it now. I hate to start the tww with a negative note , but it's hard not to sometimes . Still here goes.:wacko:
Let's have some more second lines girls , good luck all you testers :flower:

Hello my lovely i know time difference is a bugger. Thanks for that piece of info and maybe i will fib a little :winkwink: i was completely rushed with my appointment and she made me feel a bit stupid and she sounded quite patronising saying 'it happens all the time and you just need to get on with it'. Enough ranting on for me and onto this cycle. Unfortuately my husband is away next week with working on the Olymipc stadium and i'm ovulating next week boo!!!!! So i may need some of that pre-seed to keep those little swimmers alive. God the things we do eh! Don't feel negative there's no need i'm sure you've covered all your days. Try and stay relaxed :flower: Oh and next month we go on holiday with my dad and kids and i don't think we can ttc in a caravan with the kids and my dad next door :haha: could you imagine? then again no don't imagine!!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->