July testers - Over 35

Hi ladies, I just wanted to drop by and say hello. I am due AF tomorrow and have a feeling she will arrive in full force - this is my first month TTC and I feel so disappointed already at this very beginning of my journey. I'm 39 and just trying now for a baby.

Well QP i hope AF doesn't arrive but I know what you mean about the disappointment - you do everything right and you kind of think there is no reason for it not to work so it is a bit disappointing if it doesn't - especially as you have got yourself excited about the possibility :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hi ladies, I just wanted to drop by and say hello. I am due AF tomorrow and have a feeling she will arrive in full force - this is my first month TTC and I feel so disappointed already at this very beginning of my journey. I'm 39 and just trying now for a baby.

Hoping the AF :witch: leaves you be :dust:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: I hope your stay here is very short lived! Here's some :dust::dust:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: :dust: to you, hopefully :witch: stays away!!! And for the record, average time to achieve pregnancies for healthy couples in their mid-30's is 6 months, hang in there!!!

I hope she stays away hun. Good luck for tomorrow.:hugs:

Preseed is supposed to be the best on the market and I've used it a few times. I plan to use it again this month just to make sure I have my bases covered. My DH doesn't like it though - makes things too slippery.
I only used 1-2 lines of preseed because it definitely made things too slippery using the whole applicator full. I also used softcups and while they were rather gross removing, they may have helped!

Here's to :af: and a :finger: to the :witch:!!
:dust:

Preseed is supposed to be the best on the market and I've used it a few times. I plan to use it again this month just to make sure I have my bases covered. My DH doesn't like it though - makes things too slippery.
I only used 1-2 lines of preseed because it definitely made things too slippery using the whole applicator full. I also used softcups and while they were rather gross removing, they may have helped!

I'm loving your BFP! :bunny:

What are softcups?

Wow, am I the only one doing things au naturel, no supplements, preseed or anything? My concern is even natural supplements are chemically active (that's how they have their biological effect) and unless there is a medical reason to add something to the mix, I'd best just keep it simple! Yes, soy can either shorten cycles or lengthen it, once again it depends on the woman. Same goes for other supplements... We'll see if I decide to add something if we haven't conceived yet in 2-3 cycles :wacko:

Welcome Queenieplum...I understand how you feel. I'm almost 38 and just now trying to conceive #1. Hang in there....this board is so therapeutic and these women are very supportive. Hopefully your time here is short but if not, we're here if you need a :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm loving your BFP! :bunny:

What are softcups?
Softcups are menstrual cups and can hold a lot more fluid than a tampon. They aren't marketed as a fertility aid, but they should be. :) After you bd, you insert one (squeeze and slip behind your pelvic bone) and leave in for a few hours. It keeps the swimmers in near your cervix so they don't all come out when you get up. Whether or not they are of actual help I don't know, but it was worth using them. Could be a concidence, but it's my 2nd cycle and first with preseed and softcups and it worked. Who am I to question? :)

Here's the link to the website: https://www.softcup.com/ There's a video on there of how to use one if interested.

Wow, am I the only one doing things au naturel, no supplements, preseed or anything? My concern is even natural supplements are chemically active (that's how they have their biological effect) and unless there is a medical reason to add something to the mix, I'd best just keep it simple! Yes, soy can either shorten cycles or lengthen it, once again it depends on the woman. Same goes for other supplements... We'll see if I decide to add something if we haven't conceived yet in 2-3 cycles :wacko:

Junebug - I was like you when I first started TTC for #3 because I'd gotten pregnant so easy my 3 times (2 DD and 1 MC in between) - the first month we tried!!! I know I was very lucky and just chalked it up to being extra fertile!

After the 4th month of TTC this past December, I was more desperate and ready to try anything b/c is had always been so easy before. Nothing has really changed for me or DH and my OB said it would take longer b/c of my age (and he told me to be patient :dohh:). I wish!

We have never managed to DTD on actual O day and it has caused some major resentment :growlmad: as I feel like I'm doing so much to improve our chances of TTC and all he has to do is :sex: for about 4 days, it's not that much to ask?

I have to say ladies, this TTC business is not really that good for my relationship and I think I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Northstar, you know I'm with you on this one :hugs:

You're definitely not alone, Northstar. I had to hide all of the OPKs last month and try to be a little more sly about things, because the pressure of having to :sex: at specific times on specific days was starting to get to my DH.

I do that as well! In fact I have resolved never to tell him we HAVE to do it on any particular day, even if it means missing O. My OH is really weird about it - he doesn't want to know, he thinks its too much pressure. Part of me is thinking "ahem - for you - I already have heaps of pressure on!" But I know he's thinking of his best mate who has been ttc for 3 years and its really wrecked his relationship. So I'll continue to be crafty... (it's not like its that hard to persuade them most of the time!) :haha:

I'm out for this month by the way... booo... was feeling pretty good and hopeful but was got by the short LP again. @#$^$%#@#%$^!!

Right, time to try something new...

:wave: Helllloooo QP - you'll learn a lot on these boards! I thinks it's a great resource as all TTC areas seemed to get covered and there's a thread for just about everything.

Happy reading - I know it can be addictive :help:

I'm out for this month by the way... booo... was feeling pretty good and hopeful but was got by the short LP again. @#$^$%#@#%$^!!

Sorry about the wicked witch Googly! :cry:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: I hate the old witch....I've found drinking some :wine: helped when she got me 2 days ago....

Thanks gals... pfftt... I hate being back to square 1, but it's almost - almost - a relief to be out of that horrible 2ww! I was really going mental!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->