July testers - Over 35

Hi everyone! I'm new to baby and bump and am starting to get desperate. I am 41 with 3 children, the youngest is 12. I never had any problems in conceiving them, but have now been ttc for 11 months with no success. I am on cd20 today and don't think this month is going to be successful. Af is due on 24 July. I am starting to think it will never happen now. Has anyone got a bfp after more than 11 months of ttc? Babydust to all!

Jennjenn beat me at re-quoting my post... Another thing I forgot to mention: over 40, it is 5% chance of success per cycle as opposed to the "average" 20% chance (non-age specific) generally quoted. That's why it takes longer!

Llbean - Did you manage to fight the witch of or did she get you full pelt hun? I really hope she stayed away.

:hugs:

Well for now still no full flow but spotting still and MAJOR cramps...so it is eminent... last night the pain in me left ovary area was breathtaking!

hey, so I guess I couldn't wait until tomorrow, so I used a cheapie and tested about an hour ago. Don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me or not, but I swear I saw a very faint line. Keeping my FX that it is the BFP I've been looking for. I am going to retest in the AM to double check. :dust: to all

I'm guessing your ticker is wrong :D

Keeping all crossed for you to definitely see a line tomorrow :dust:

Post a pic for us to see!!!!!!!!!! I hope it is BFP!!!!

Yes AF has not shown up yet. So definitely hoping this is my month.

Okay ladies, I couldn't figure out how to post a pic, but I was able to post one as an avatar... so what do you think? I will retest on Monday and if it is the same, I will be calling the doctors office to confirm with a blood test.. :)

Hi everyone! I'm new to baby and bump and am starting to get desperate. I am 41 with 3 children, the youngest is 12. I never had any problems in conceiving them, but have now been ttc for 11 months with no success. I am on cd20 today and don't think this month is going to be successful. Af is due on 24 July. I am starting to think it will never happen now. Has anyone got a bfp after more than 11 months of ttc? Babydust to all!

Jennjenn beat me at re-quoting my post... Another thing I forgot to mention: over 40, it is 5% chance of success per cycle as opposed to the "average" 20% chance (non-age specific) generally quoted. That's why it takes longer!

Thanks Junebug! I'm feeling much more positive already. It's so nice to have people to chat to who are feeling the same way. Babydust to all!:hugs:

Salimar- I am not at all trying to be a Debbie Downer, but do you have a pink dye test you can take?

Llbean - Did you manage to fight the witch of or did she get you full pelt hun? I really hope she stayed away.

:hugs:

Well for now still no full flow but spotting still and MAJOR cramps...so it is eminent... last night the pain in me left ovary area was breathtaking!

hey, so I guess I couldn't wait until tomorrow, so I used a cheapie and tested about an hour ago. Don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me or not, but I swear I saw a very faint line. Keeping my FX that it is the BFP I've been looking for. I am going to retest in the AM to double check. :dust: to all

I'm guessing your ticker is wrong

Keeping all crossed for you to definitely see a line tomorrow :dust:

Post a pic for us to see!!!!!!!!!! I hope it is BFP!!!!

Yes AF has not shown up yet. So definitely hoping this is my month.

Okay ladies, I couldn't figure out how to post a pic, but I was able to post one as an avatar... so what do you think? I will retest on Monday and if it is the same, I will be calling the doctors office to confirm with a blood test.. :)

I can definitely see a line!!! Hoping you get a strong bfp in the am!! Looks like this could be your month!! Babydust :happydance:

Uggg... I never paid attention about the Blue dye tests... The one I used was a cheap walmart special... I am out of tests right now... But going to spend the extra money for a FRER to use on Monday... Thanks for the heads up... really hope it is not a false positive.

Uggg... I never paid attention about the Blue dye tests... The one I used was a cheap walmart special... I am out of tests right now... But going to spend the extra money for a FRER to use on Monday... Thanks for the heads up... really hope it is not a false positive.

Please don't let me put a downer on anything! I have peed on plenty of the Equate tests; I know the box says 'compare to FRER'- but, I don't think you really can. If you want to save some money, get the Answer brand; they are pink dye and are from the same company that manufactures FRER...I really like them. FXd! :hugs:

I do see a line Salimar, but I've had evaps so I'm not comfortable calling it either way. DMom is the expert! :dust:, hope your FRER is nicely +!

So I fibbed to FF. I know I O'ed Thursday or Friday , NOT Tuesday when IC OPK was positive but not as dark as Wednesday. It is a useful tool, but because my temp Thursday got screwed up it's messed up my cycle :-( I told FF that the temp from Thursday is lower than what it was (below coverline) so that when temp is taken on time tomorrow, it will decide I O'ed on Thursday :haha:

Hey I just looked at my FF cycle for the month I got pregnant with Z. I had 2 consecutive days of temp dips to right on coverline at 5 and 6DPO. This must have been implantation! Cool, I had never noticed that before!

Edit: Crap. That theory is blown. I also had 2 days of dips to coverline in my loooooong (nursing) cycle Jan-May, also on 5-6DPO.

Salimar, I see a faint line! I too don't trust blue dye tests and agree with DMom that Answer brand is reliable and much cheaper than FRERs. I got 3 tests for $10 compared to $18 for 3 FRERs at the drugstore.

I see it hun, i can see the line. :happydance:

Cant wait to see that second line on the frer on Monday. :hugs:

I'm so excited for you.

Salimar, I see a faint line! I too don't trust blue dye tests and agree with DMom that Answer brand is reliable and much cheaper than FRERs. I got 3 tests for $10 compared to $18 for 3 FRERs at the drugstore.

Haven never seen the answer brand over here. All the pound stores seem to have blue dye tests and a lot of them have closed due to the recession. They should get rid of these blue dye tests for good. Surely the companies that manufacture them realise by now that they are unreliable.

Salimar - Can't wait for you to re-test.:dust::dust: to you

The only blue dye test I have used is a cb non digi and that was when I was pg with DD.

I may test again tomorrow morning I will hid a IC downstairs before going to bed and when I wake up at silly o'clock I can test and OH wont even know:haha:

hello and welcome we are all lovely ladies on here and we are happy to have our ears bashed. They've all listened and encouraged me with my ups and downs :hugs: i have 4 boys and my DH and i just want one more. I'm 36 and since ttc earlier this year i've had 2MC's and 1 chemical. Doctor seems to think it's nothing to worry about?! I havent been ttc as long as yourself but it does make you wonder why we were so able to conceive our other children without any problems (i had never even heard of pre-seed or other fertility aids back then). I suppose i don't have problems conceiving it's not sticking that worries me. I really hope you get your BFP soon i really think you've a very high chance of becoming pregnant again so just keep positive :hugs::kiss:

i can see a line too but i know what it's like getting your hopes up and then having them shattered. I'm keeping everything firmly crossed for you huni it looks like this could be your month :hugs::kiss:

hey junebug how are you today my lovely? I assume Bubba is moving with not being on here for a few days now? I really hope you get your BFP this month huni :hugs::hugs::kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->