Jumping Over :)

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a couple of days early but thought I'd just jump over now :)

I am pregnant with my 6th baby. I have 3 boys and 2 girls already. I had 2 losses in 2020 so this little one is my rainbow and hopefully take home baby.

I am currently a week into Covid as well which sucks but it's luckily been pretty mild and has just felt like I've had the flu.
I'm on blood thinning injections for another week or so just to help prevent any potential blood clots but I've been listening to the baby via the doppler and it seems OK so far. I'm hopeful that there'll be no long term affects that will affect the baby.

Seems surreal to nearly be at 14 weeks but I am hoping to try and enjoy as much of this last pregnancy as possible.

Congrats on your rainbow pregnancy ! Sorry you have covid that sucks but least it’s a mild case !

I am pregnant 4th and final baby for us . It’s going to quick but like you trying to enjoy it!

Yay for 2nd trimester hon.

I went got another private scan today now I'm free from covid. I just wanted to make sure everything is ok with the baby and it's doing great.

I was hoping for some clues as to whether pink or blue but I don't know if it was down to the baby preferring to face the floor or the sonographer purposely trying to avoid being down in that area but I couldn't get any hints. I was rather disappointed today with my appointment. I went somewhere different based on no availability at my local branch and the sonographer just seemed in such a rush, I didn't feel like she was particularly taking time for me to see the baby properly and she didn't even give me that many pictures. I'm so used to having about 10-20 pics at the least especially via the link they send you. I got 3 today so I'm thinking of complaining and seeing if I can get a rescan either free or at a reduced price.

These scans are pricy enough as it is without feeling like I'm just being mugged off.

Anyways, so yeah, I'm through the covid. My tests are negative and the only thing hassling me is the cough that won't stop lingering but hopefully that'll go soon :)

I'm glad it went well and glad you're through the Covid :)

Yaaay! 15 weeks pregnant today :D I just feel really excited. I'm almost halfway

So today I've done 2 gender prediction tests

The sneak peek one that costs £80. Probably a huge gimmick but I wanted to buy into it at least once and as this is my last chance, decided to go for it.

I fully expect my result to come back saying I am having a boy. Either because I'm having a boy or the fact that as I'm living with 3 males, I doubt I was able to decontaminate enough male dna to read a girl result if it is so yeah, fully expecting a boy result, but we'll see.

I did the bicarb of soda test too. That's thrown up a girl result.

So the old wives tales so far are all pointing to girl but I guess we'll see next Thursday when I go for the gender scan.

I've one more scan on Sunday as I wanted to space the wait out a bit so I'll try one last time to get some clues but if not, hopefully the baby will play the game for next Thursdays scan. Itching to know now lol! I'm so nosey.

Got my sneak peek results and it says boy. Guess we'll find out on Thursday if accurate or got contaminated despite my best efforts in a house with 3 other males.

I know I shouldn't have a preference but I would love to have pink to even the numbers up. I'll have a bit of gender disappointment for a little while but that doesn't mean I won't love my little boy. I know I'm incredibly lucky to be given this final chance at having a baby and I feel guilty for even having a preference when I should just stay quiet and be grateful

Got my sneak peek results and it says boy. Guess we'll find out on Thursday if accurate or got contaminated despite my best efforts in a house with 3 other males.

I know I shouldn't have a preference but I would love to have pink to even the numbers up. I'll have a bit of gender disappointment for a little while but that doesn't mean I won't love my little boy. I know I'm incredibly lucky to be given this final chance at having a baby and I feel guilty for even having a preference when I should just stay quiet and be grateful

Look love gender disappointment is real I had it with my 4th I honestly felt he was a girl I even went to the extent of taking Beth as I thought she was getting a sister, when they said boy she screamed and I cried for weeks, I loved my boy so much regardless but always felt something was missing, that's why we tried for Heidi gender swayed everything and I got my second girl but then my numbers were odd :rofl: it's OK to feel that way sending :hugs: xx

The biggest comfort to me is knowing that even despite the confirmation of possibly knowing tomorrow that he is definitely a boy, it's that I know I'm not in any way shape or form rejecting him. It doesn't mean I'm not going to love him because I already do. I mean I've spent out countless amounts buying private scans to check how things are going. I still use the doppler to check the heartbeat. Even today, I'm on bed rest cos I feel really sore and refuse to over exert myself.
I know deep down I'll cry for a couple of days over the fact that something has been taken out of my control but then I know that I'll be alright. I just think the hardest emotion to process is the finality of this being my last ever baby and that I won't get another shot at trying again and even if I did, there's still no guarantee that that one would be a girl.
I am trying to keep the perspective in check but at the same time, I'm allowing myself to feel the way I feel now because I know it's temporary and because I think one thing I've learned. Even despite the miscarriages, it still doesn't alter that part of your brain that wants what it wants. The miscarriages (in my case) did not remove that and I think that's unnerved me a bit but also taught me a lot on how the mind can change in some ways but despite trauma, can still remain the same in others. Even areas we feel they shouldn't .

I'm on team BLUE!

I was very emotional when I found out but I'm slowly getting my head round it and just glad he is happy and healthy. That's the main thing.

Once I start buying things, I'm sure I'll get excited properly. I'm already looking at things

Congratulations hon.
I have 2 girls and 4 boys.
I had girl first then 2nd was a boy with my ex fiancee. There nearly 19 and nearly 16 now.

Then me and DH had a boy 11 then girl 9 and then 2 more boys.
I love that I have two boys 2 years apart and can't wait to see them grow and play together.

We will be ttc again from May and I just want to fall pregnant with a healthy baby and not have anymore losses' but deep down I'm hoping we will have another boy.

I find boys are way more easy than girls.
Girls are great when there babies and toddlers but as soon as they start school they turn into divas.
My 9 year old dd has such a attitude. She's like a teenager already and she's only 9..
My 18 year old dd has always been hard work.
Girls just seem to grow up so fast.
My boys are alot more chilled and so loving.

I wudnt be upset if I did fall with a girl tho because it wud be nice giving my my 9 year dd a little sister. She really wants one lol.
But I think deep down I wud prefer another boy then I wud have 3 boys under 4. That's if i fall pregnant this year.

Glad ure scan went well hon. Shitty u only got 3 pics tho. When i had privet scans i got lots of pics.
They have just opened another privet scan place in my town. We only had the one (babybond) but now we have another called window to the womb. Prices are a bit cheaper so hopefully if we are blessed again I will book a privet Scan there.

Don't feel guilty about gender disappointment hon its a real thing..

Ure almost half way now that's crazy.

Last edited:
Depending on how things go with delivering little man, unless there's a strong advisory against having another baby, there is the possibility we will try one more time and see whether we get the girl. I was going to get my tubes tied if this one had been a girl but the moment I knew he was a boy, I knew that while I'd get over the initial shock and disappointment of him being a boy, I just knew that I'd want to have that final shot of seeing if I could get a girl.

I just want to say that while I was incredibly emotional and disappointed I am having a boy, I've wrapped my head around it and I honestly can't wait to meet him. I can't wait to see who he becomes. I did have an idea of a life in my head and it seemed so real and like it was going to happen, in terms of having even numbers of each. It threw me a little and my idea and mindset had to reboot but I'm actually quite looking forward to things now.

I will probably give it til New Year and try again once he's 6 months old. It took me about a year to conceive with him and could take me a while again so will want to get started soonish but yeah, I think either way, whether boy or girl, I think I'm definitely going to have to call it a day. That's if I'm even allowed to try again lol

Depending on how things go with delivering little man, unless there's a strong advisory against having another baby, there is the possibility we will try one more time and see whether we get the girl. I was going to get my tubes tied if this one had been a girl but the moment I knew he was a boy, I knew that while I'd get over the initial shock and disappointment of him being a boy, I just knew that I'd want to have that final shot of seeing if I could get a girl.

I just want to say that while I was incredibly emotional and disappointed I am having a boy, I've wrapped my head around it and I honestly can't wait to meet him. I can't wait to see who he becomes. I did have an idea of a life in my head and it seemed so real and like it was going to happen, in terms of having even numbers of each. It threw me a little and my idea and mindset had to reboot but I'm actually quite looking forward to things now.

I will probably give it til New Year and try again once he's 6 months old. It took me about a year to conceive with him and could take me a while again so will want to get started soonish but yeah, I think either way, whether boy or girl, I think I'm definitely going to have to call it a day. That's if I'm even allowed to try again lol

Oh hon I totally forget about this post.
Congratulations on team blue hon.
Amazing.

So exciting u may try again in the future.
I keep thinking am I crazy for wanting t9 try when my youngest will only be 8 months old. But it took nearly a year to get him. And the 4 early miscarriages.
I'm 42 now so it cud take ages"
The doctor told us we needed to start trying ASAP. That was back in November.
I did mention may to her and she said that was better than leaving it another year.

There is a good chance I cud still be trying when u start trying again.
So I will still be on here if I am.

I'm going to come off here tho after I've had the next one. That's if there will be a next one.
DH is convinced we will have another and he also doesn't think it will take long.
I think deep down I can see me having another one. But if I do that one will have to be my last.
I mean even if I fall in May (unlikely) but say if I did. I wud be due around January and I turn 43 in December. So it will be my last because I know my fertile days are coming to a end.
Hoping I still have a few years left.
We fell with H when I was 41 so hopefully I will fall at 42 or 43.

Yeah I find coming on here and seeing positive tests and scan pics. Baby bumps and new born pics makes me so broody.
So I will definitely have to leave after the next one.
I think a part of Me will always want another. But I know in reality it has to stop at some point.
If we fall again it will be our 5th baby.
I've strated a new ttc journal hon so feel free to post on there. I wud love to see how u are and ure pregnancy is going..

Ure almost half way now yay.
Do u have any names?

My DH has named the last 2. So if I do have another I'm naming that one.

I already have a girls name. I also have a few boy names.
But I'm actually thinking of staying team yellow.
I didn't find out with my first so it wud be nice to not find out with my last.

Knowing me rho I'll probably be itching to know once i am pregnant
Lol.

Wow happy 20 weeks hon. Time will really start flying now. It feels like ure whole pregnancy has gone so fast. Hope ure feeling well hon. .

Not doing too bad. Suffering more this time with tiredness and nausea which is new to me as never really had much nausea with the others but hey ho, each pregnancy is different.

Haven't really bought too much yet, think I'm gonna be leaving a lot til the last minute.

How is your little man doing? Can't believe he's almost 6 months old already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->