June 2013 first time bump buddies wanted

The rest of the stats...21 inches, born at 1:13p. I will post more when I get home Wednesday as I'm on my phone along with pics. I will keep updating in the mean time though.

You still have 3 weeks catch so you never know. I didn't think it would be before due date for me.

No Doubt Congratulations!! I cant believe it!! 2 mommies already!!
I am 39 weeks on Wednesday and go to the doctor on Thursday and I want to ask him if I can get a sweep or something.I want her so bad and cannot wait!!

We had an appt and I was uncomfortable so I asked the doc what could I do and he just pointed at my hubbs, lol. Not that night, but the next when we got home we dtd and in the middle of the night contractions started. I went to work that day and as soon as I got off they picked back up. The next morning I lost my plug then that afternoon my water broke. So that's my suggestion. Go jump your hubbys bones!

I have been!! haha I guess that works when you are ready so maybe I am not ready yet but I will keep trying!!

I actually saw that doctor this morning and he asked about it. I told him yeah we went home and made whoopie. He asked if me contractions started that night and I just said "yep"!

wow lucky I wish a one time thing worked for me haha but OH is enjoying it and doesnt mind when I tell him I am using him lol (joking of coarse)

We had a girl!!!
Alexandra Kathleen Lucy was born June 1 at 1:15 pm by c section! She was 8 lbs 5 oz at birth. Mama, Mommy and Baby Lexie are all home now and doing really well!! Breast feeding is going well (she's eating away at the moment)!

So what happened? Well...

Contractions started really mild tues night. Went to my reg prenatal appt on wed. Q 10-20 min on wed through the night. Really painful contractions by Friday morning- I started vomiting with them. Went in fri at 8:30pm. Got an epidural within 5 min and didnt have to stay in The antepartum unit at all. We right straight to the delivery unit. NO PAIN after that. Was 2 cm. 3-4 cm 2 hours later. 5 cm after that until she was born sat at 13:15 by c section. I was stuck at 5 cm for hours. They gave me oxytocin to make my contractions stronger, but her heart rate would drop as soon as they turned up th medicine. Then my contractions would slow down again when they turned down the oxytocin. And round and round it went. She came out face up and huge so REALLY glad we didn't try pushing!!!!!!!

However- one nurse told me because of the crazy fluids they give you in a c section (I had over 6 litres, I was really dehydrated after puking), that their weight after 24 hours is actually more of a true birth weight (because by then they've lost some of the fluid they took on during labour). She was 7 lbs 10 oz at 24 hours.

Oh and um I love her. Like- a lot. A lot a lot. :) :) :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 2
Congratulations! She is beautiful... Thank u for sharing ur labor story.. Love her eyebrows lol so cute hehe

Btw , did u think it was a boy?? U have the boy emoticon in ur signature?? Lol

Congrats 27! I thought hiy for you too. Omg a girl. And she is precious! Love the pic!

AFM I still don't have any milk or colostrum so I have to supplement, but he's a greedy boy and doing well with it, lol. They have this SNS thing which allows you to still use it off of your own nipple so he won't get used to a bottle before my nipple. Bit honestly I've used both and he does fine with both so I don't think my breasts will be a problem when the milk does come in. They said cause I'm a first time mom and had a cs milk could be a few days late. One of my nurses was in the same hoag with her first and said her milk didn't come for 4-5 days.

Don't be too anxious No Doubt, when the milk comes in it hurts like a bit$h!! Lol. I can feel every single gland in both boobs. Ouchie!!

Yay 27!! She is beautiful!! And I am with the other girls were you expecting a boy?

Yay 27!! She is beautiful!! And I am with the other girls were you expecting a boy?

Ok to be fair I do have the blue stork but I didn't realize there were two storks! I just liked the stork lol. Nope it was a surprise, we didnt want to know! Her name would have been Alexander if it was a boy.

Congrats 27 & no doubt!!! So happy for you two!
Can't wait for every one to have thier bundles already ;D
I'm loving every second so far but it is a lot of work!

No doubt I barely had any colostrum but I gave what I can and now ten days later milk is flowing and like 27 mentioned - pain! Haha but feels good to hold him close when he feeds! I'm still mixing between breast and formula to keep him from getting too hungry

Glad mums around so I get to nap a bit here and there

Hope you ladies are both recovering well from the c sect! The pain does ease off pretty fast

27 your little girl is just precious!!

My boobs were looking exceptionally full so I checked and my colostrum is finally there! My bubba can have mommy's milk soon!

Hubbs stayed with me last night as I'm being discharged today! He got up with Virtue. Even though virtue obviously woke me the fact that I didn't have to stay awake really helped me get some sleep. The nurse I had is also an amazing swaddler and got him tucked right in there and showed me how. Virtue is already busting out of his swaddles...strong little thing he is, but she made it bigger and tighter and I think that helped him sleep longer and not be so fussy as last night. He slept 2.5 hours at one point then 2 at another. I know it's not what im used to lately but that sleep makes me feel like a million bucks. Gonna try to get in one more.

Aww he is such a doll!! I am green with envy and have baby fever more than ever now!! I cant wait to join you ladies

You're only a week out huh. Almost there! And maybe if won't even take that long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->