June Angel Baby Mommas Hoping for Rainbows!!

I know she cnt get on here on her phone ATM, really hope they're okay x

Meli I am also thinking of you and praying for you and your baby!! I didn't have a chance to check in today until just now. I will be sending you all my positive thoughts tonight.

I will try to reply to the rest of you girls tomorrow. I will definitely be checking in to watch for an update.

Hi guys,
Sorry took so long but the first hospital I was at did not have wifi because L&D was at basement level.
So I got to the first hospital at 830am and after all day monitoring and visit from perinatologist, realized that I have incompetent cervix. I am 2cm dilated and the bag (do they mean sac?) Is in my vagina. They obviously want to stave off labor as long as they can, don't know what will happen. I am on complete bed rest and hospitalized for the indefinite future. I am taking antibiotics to avoid infection, rx to calm the uterus and hopefully avoid contractions, steroids to help baby's lungs develop, and other meds to avoid bleeding in h8s brain. This is serious stuff and I am trying my hardest to stay calm because stress and crying is not good for the baby. I need to stay relaxed.
I was transferred by anbulance to another hospital that has neonatologists on staff 24/7 and a level III NICU. So I am in good hands.
My dr says I will have my baby prematurely, no doubt about it. Question is how much longer we can keep him inside me. The longer, the better his chances of survival.
Thanks for all your prayers and positive thoughts. Pls keep em coming!

I should be able to update daily since I have Internet here. I hope everyone is doing well.

Oh my goodness Meli, I'm so sorry, you must be feeling so scared, my heart goes out to you and your precious baby boy.

I'm praying that you can keep him safe inside you for as long as possible, everyday helps and it sounds like you are in the best place.

All my love and prayers x x x

Meli: so happy to hear from you and to hear that you and baby are in good hands. My SIL had an incompetent cervix and only realized this when she felt something odd down there. Turned out it was my nephew's leg! She was admitted to the hospital and stayed there until he was born at 29 weeks and almost three pounds. Yes, he did spend a lot of time in the NICU, but he is now a very healthy seven year old and the smartest kid I've ever met. He taught himself to read before he was four! So what I'm saying is that while the road ahead will be long and worrisome, I believe your baby will be just fine even if he is born early. I am so sorry that this has happened at all as I know you were hoping to carry on as normal until he was here and of course carry him to term. You are in the best place possible and they will take great care of you and do everything possible to keep baby snugly inside. BTW, my SIL has gone on to have two more children since as she had a cerclage put in at the end of the first tri and carried both of those babies to term.

Jasmine and vegas,

Thanks for the well wishes:hugs:

Vegas,

Wow..what a great story about your nephew. Just what I needed to hear! I am trying to look at the positives and they are: we caught this pretty early, and that my baby weighs 600 grams. The cutoff for all these desperate measures is 500 grams. The fact he made the cutoff is amazing and I am taking solace in this simple aaccomplishment. he is being given a chance and no stone is being left unturned.

Other good news is that the urine I passed minutes ago looks very clear, as does the tissue when wiping. Thats great progress because yesterday I was passing so much blood when urinating.

We are hanging our hats on these positives and running with them. Of course i have already had the conversation with God....the one where I ask for his grace and his will to keep my lo healthy inside me for as long as possible. I told him all these medical interventions mean nothing without his will.

Dh left around 10pm last night. My mom stayed overnight; she refused to go home. She says she feels better being here with me, instead of being home :hugs:

Oh Meli, I am so happy you guys are both okay. That is great that you are in such good hands. Like Vegas, I also know a 27 week baby that is now over three. She has always done great, looks like a normal thriving three year old!
I am sorry you are having to go through this, because I know it is scary. I also know that bed rest sucks, I was on it for two weeks with Carter because of my cervix as well. I had previously had a leep procedure, so they were watching it and put me on rest when they saw it shortened, but then there seemed to be no change after that.
You will get through this though. BOTH of you. You have a great support system and great drs to look after you both. :hugs:

I am SO relieved to hear he is still where he is supposed to be and you are being taken good care of. I was thinking it may be incompetent cervix, which had me nervous as to whether or not it was caught early enough. I've read a lot of stories from women who have incompetent cervix, many who did not catch it in time on their first babies. So that's definitely a positive that you did! Stay put, baby!

You're very close to viability (24 weeks). Try not to stress as you are doing everything you can at this point. Vegas and Angel are right, babies are born early all the time and grow up to be healthy and happy. Just focus on keeping him in there as long as possible!

Meli: glad to hear that things have improved yesterday. That is so sweet of your mom to stay with you. There is a huge thread on BNB on the complications page about your condition that you may want to check out. What do they plan on doing next? Will you be able to go home? Will they attempt a cerclage?

Stef,

Incompetent cervix was the last thing on my mind, believe it or not! I guess because I really thought it wasn't an issue.

*EDIT*
I meant to address this to vegas:

Oo I didnt even think of checking bnb for info. Will have to check it out.

In regards to cerclage, both the perinatologist and my ob said they don't recommend it because the sac is hanging out and they might mistakenly pierce it. But tda I am getting a 2nd opinion from this hospitals perinatologist. So we'll see his recommendation but I think I am erring towards no cerclage...both cchoices are a gambld. If I do the cerclage and they pierce the sac, well not good. But if they pump me full of meds and try to stave off labor, this seems to be what they prefer.

Do u know how far along your SIL was when she was admitted?

Oh and forgot to answer question about going home. Not gonna happen. I am staying here until baby arrives...hopefully I will be here a LONG time!

Jen & Stef,
Thanks for your positive thoughts :hugs:

Meli - I was so relieved to see your post this morning when I woke up. I have been thinking about you and your baby lots!!

Doctors can do amazing things these days. I am confident that you caught it early and they will be able to do what they need to do to make sure he stays in there as long as possible. Like Vegas I know someone who had their baby really early and everything is great now. My cousin had her baby really early (she was due in March last year and he came on Dec 12) I can't remember exactly how many weeks she was but it was very early. He was only 1.6 pounds when he was born. It was not incompetent cervix. It was a problem with the placenta but the important thing is that he was very early and very small and he is doing great now. I am actually going to go meet him for the first time this weekend (they live in Ontario so I haven't been out there since he was born). I just know that everything is going to be ok for you guys.

I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I have been sending strong baby/strong mama healthy healing thoughts since I heard there might be a problem. I am sure they must have reach California by now!! I am glad that your mom stayed with you. Rest, relax, and focus on putting all your energy into visualizing your body doing what it needs to do to keep that little guy inside and growing. I think the mind is a powerful tool. Use it to focus on something positive and try your best not to worry. You just have to trust that things will work out and let your body take care of the rest!! (not necessarily an easy task as worrying comes so naturally....so focus on healing and strength and keep reminding yourself to do that every time the worry creeps in).

Don't forget you have your June girls by your side (even though we are not there physically...we are there in spirit)!!

Stef,

Incompetent cervix was the last thing on my mind, believe it or not! I guess because I really thought it wasn't an issue.

Oo I didnt even think of checking bnb for info. Will have to check it out.

In regards to cerclage, both the perinatologist and my ob said they don't recommend it because the sac is hanging out and they might mistakenly pierce it. But tda I am getting a 2nd opinion from this hospitals perinatologist. So we'll see his recommendation but I think I am erring towards no cerclage...both cchoices are a gambld. If I do the cerclage and they pierce the sac, well not good. But if they pump me full of meds and try to stave off labor, this seems to be what they prefer.

Do u know how far along your SIL was when she was admitted?

Meli: I'll ask, but I'm thinking it was at about 23 weeks like you as it started in October and he was born December 10th.

Yes Meli, you know we are all here for you and I know you both will do great!

I had a growth scan and check today. The tech measured her 2.5 weeks behind, but that is how she has done it the whole time. She estimated her weight to be 4lbs 14oz. But I expect her to be a bit more because my dr has measured her bigger than the tech before. Also they measured Carter smaller than he was too.
They did a gbs swab and checked me too. I was a fingertip dilated, 50% but still firm. He said that if I haven't went into labor on my own and my cervix is favorable he will try a gentle induction with low dose pitocin on Oct 10th. He says if all the biophysical profiles are good, but my cervix hadn't changed much that he may let me go one extra week past the 10th. But very likely, I will have a baby by the 11th.
Also, while I was on the monitor today I had 7 contractions all about 3 minutes apart. The were small though, just felt like a small cramp.
I am very crampy now after the check though.

I'm loving all of the positive vibes girls, I'm sending loads all the way from the UK I believe in your little man, he is for now still safe and happy and you are being looked after. I agree with Jen the mind is a powerful tool, be as positive and strong as you can. It's amazing news that he has reached the target weight and more too!

It's great that your waters are fully in tact. What a hard decision to make about the stitch too. Although don't be scared if your waters broke I read a story on the daily mail of a lady who went into labour at 19 weeks, her waters broke, they gave her the drugs and managed to stave off labour until 24 weeks, all that time the baby had no waters and she survived and is doing great!

Lots of love to you and your family babe x

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/g...cervix-stitch-cerclage-threatened-labour.html

Here's that thread that Vegas mentioned Meli, seems to be a lot of happy endings x

Angel, I can't believe your baby girl will be here so soon! X

Angel: I'm excited for you! Can't believe she will be here sooo soon. Are you ready?

Afm: I think this kid is either trying to flip or stretch to get more room. Either way it is pretty uncomfortable! If I had to guess, baby is transverse based on the large lumps on either side of my tummy. Can any of you tell by instinct how your baby is positioned? I'm not quite sure of where everything is, bit I remember knowing that Charlotte was breech even though my doctor was certain she wasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->