******june babies******

Gotta go shopping today it's my OH birthday on Tuesday and not got him any presents yet :) He is soooo hard to buy for, the man with everything!

No not much tomorrow just going out for dinner and seeing family.

What you up to? Xxxx

Hope you will find something for him :)

I just started feeling sick again, god it's getting on my nerves now!

Not doing anything interesting just trying to sort out some stuff in this house and throwing lots of useless stuff away! Weather is too bad to do anything..

Going out for dinner sounds lovely hope you will get some nice gifts too :)

Hi girls, made it to Ottawa last night! Delilah hun thanks for keeping me posted on FB as my netbook was drained of batteries despite free internet in the airport lounge! So glad they've discharged you now, hopefully that's the end of bleeding until labour :hugs:

Lili I know what you mean! I find it so hard to shop for DH, not only does he have everything he needs, he's also very picky. I never know what to get him... :shrug:

Need to write exam questions this weekend, my meeting Mon-Tues-Weds is to finalize the specialty medical examination by which all Canadian medical residents in my specialty will become licensed to practice Medical Genetics. Of course as usual I am very last minute! I need to write up an oral exam scenario that is 30 minutes long, which questions along the way, plus 6 short answer questions... I'll settle down in the lounge of the house with my netbook, some food/water and hopefully a cat on my lap (mom has 2 gorgeous long-haired, friendly cats!) and get this done today so tomorrow I can take off any work... Will thus be online a lot!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!
CJ

I hope you'll get it all done fast CJ so you can also spend some quality time with your mum and sisters :) Your job sounds so interesting!!

I have been to the park with DD and now I feel like I'm going to die of nausea and I thought it was already over by now :(

Awww Linn. Are you still throwing up or just feeling sick now?

I just got home I am soo tired after that little shop, even though I got him... Nothing!! Grrr.. Will have to go on another day now. I just couldn't find anything.

Hope you get it all done fast CJ, it's no fun working on the weekends!!

Oh lol Lili typical I will get my OH a xbox 360 game for his bday next month other than that will make lots of cakes, cupcakes and muffins and that's it! Not throwing up anymore just horrible stomach pain! But I just had some peppermint tea and it's getting better again. DD went down for a little sleep and I'm just soooo bored... my house is such a mess after getting all that stuff out and taking it to the charity shop so I could tidy but of course can't be bothered. In 2 weeks I will put up the wardrobe for the baby and put all the newborn - 0-3 months clothes in! Just so I got that stuff out of the way.

Thanks Lili, I know it sucks having to work on weekends :-( But everything that is not patient-related I don't have time to do during the week...

Linn, lucky you're still not throwing up! I also have the constant nausea, all day long, and sometimes still throw up, especially when I forget to take my anti-nausea medications. Can't believe I still need the meds in my 21st week!!!

Did you go shopping yet Lili? Curious to know what you got, I'm always looking for ideas!
OK back to work...

CJ she didn't find anything it says above!

CJ I had to throw up around 20 times that 1.5 days so I'm glad it is over!
Sorry to hear you are still feeling so sick as well, I think mine is still caused by that virus though, as I had been feeling fine for a few weeks. Here they don't give you any medication for nausea.. the only thing I got is antacid stuff which I started taking before bed and now I can finally sleep again :) How is your work going?

I find it silly that you're not given meds if you're sick and keep throwing up. There are many on the market that are safe and help. I would not have been able to continue working full time and commuting had it not been for the meds. I'm sure there is something!

LOL sorry Lili, I missed that part of your post, trying to read too fast during my work break. Oh hun that sucks, I hate it when I shop for hours and find nothing... How about a gift certificate to his favourite restaurant, or a massage?? Like Linn said, I think DH would be happy with a new video game for his PS3!

Yeah Linn, work is coming along. Just made another huge pot of decaffeinated coffee, my mom's house is COLD!!!! Getting hungry again :-( Think I'll have peanut butter on rye bread now!!!

My GP said there are no meds... same for my poor DD they nearly wanted to put her on a drip, but I took her back home again for a few more hrs and thankfully she kept the drink down then. Where I come from they do suppositories for kids (so they can't throw em back up) that stop vomiting you can buy them in any pharmacy without a prescription but they said no she can't have anything and of course I couldn't have anything cause I'm pregnant. My mum is buying me some now and will send them here for when DD gets sick again! When I was pregnant with DD work was torture but I was only sick for 6 weeks... it was really really hard and I had to cut back my hrs. I already thought about sterilisation back then!

Hope you will get warm soon, my house is quite cold too... cause of my asthma I only got minimum heating on and windows open in my bedroom all the time, but here it never gets colder than 10'C in my bedroom I know in Canada it's much too cold for that!

I'm going to wake up DD now and tidy my bedroom... my bed is covered in baby clothes :)

Ah that's why! Your GP is not well informed then. Obstetricians know that there are meds safe in pregnancy :) My GP is the one who prescribed my med for me!

Need to head out soon to meet colleague and finish these questions. We're meeting in a cafe in the neighborhood I used to study in when I lived here during medical school. Will bring back old memories! Finally warmed up, thanks to the sun shining into the lounge... But it's colder than -20'C outside now so I'll have to bundle up! I'm taking my mom's car into town...

Will log on afterwards when I come home! Talk to you later,
CJ

yeah that's right he is not well informed but here we only get to see the GP or midwife and the midwifes don't usually prescribe anything. I noticed that a lot of things are done differently here when it comes to medication though. But I don't want to complain... glad we got free medical care!

Hope you will have a great time :)

My GP also delivers babies and is very well versed in anything pregnancy related, fortunately for me! I just chose to be followed by an OB, which turned out all the better given my low lying anterior placenta: glad I've had no issues about it, they believe it is partly covering the cervical os too, so all the more reason for a C/S now, based on my last ultrasound! OK, I'm truly off now, can't stay away for long!!!

CJ I also got a low lying placenta but mine is posterior, in most cases it moves up though I was told by the sonographer at the hospital. They will check it again at my 30 week scan and if it's still low at 34, 36, 38 and then schedule a Cesarian here they really don't like you to have them. I still can't make up my mind wether I rather want one but I still got time maybe that decision will be made for me!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/WetSinner/Kittyinapurse.jpg
Just wanted to share. my kitty Lucid decided to become an accessory LOL

Finally back with results from my UC baby scan! :kiss:

OH is over the moon with having his first born be a son. So much for carrying high, lower heartbeat, conception date, Chinese calendar... all wrong!!! :)

lol your cat is funny!

Congrats on team blue aliss, were you hoping for a girl?

Junebug_CJ sounds like you have a good doctors. My midwife is absolutely useless. They can't prescribe anything, and all she does is send me to the nurse or the doctor if she can't answer something. It's really difficult for me to have time off work to keep going to appointment, especially as there in the middle of the day. Your really lucky.

Are any of you finding it real hard to sit behind a desk at work? I fidget all day, and if i get to close to my desk, my little bean pushes against it. Lol. Have any of you found a good position to sit in?

lol your cat is funny!

Congrats on team blue aliss, were you hoping for a girl?

Thank you!

I almost lost him with a threatened miscarriage at 7 weeks, so I'm very happy that he is just alive and doing well :) :) :) I am excited about a boy, I came from a family of all girls so it's going to be a new experience. I just assumed girl anyways because I didn't know any different!

Are any of you finding it real hard to sit behind a desk at work? I fidget all day, and if i get to close to my desk, my little bean pushes against it. Lol. Have any of you found a good position to sit in?

When I work at my desk, I sometimes have to sit for 12 hours straight, so I bought an EZ maternity support, it really really helps your back!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->