******june babies******

I'm only clued up cos of my lengthy chats with Linn! :lol: :lol:

I have bought Huggies cos they were the best offer on at the time! If you read the nappy threads on here you will see that it is mainly down to preferance, some people with prefer Pampers and others Huggies. I guess it will be trial and error..

I have 270 Huggies newborn size 1. I won't buy any more in that size now, will get some size 2, and possibly stock up on size 3! I wont buy millions in case they do leak and I need to switch to Pampers.

I'm sure the offer was 2 x packs of 200 huggies size 2 and 3 for £18 yesterday. Does that sound good Linn? I'm going back today cos I couldn't carry anything else and my boot was already full! xx

lili, i'm sure you said so before but can't remember, which pram did you get? do you maybe have a link?
want asda's as well, so unfair :( we don't have anything like that here... Susan used about 7 nappies a day when she was a newborn. and linn is right, some leak (but the pampers did as well with us) and ruin the vests...
linn, susan wees a lot at night and no nappie brand can hold it as she has about 2-4 bottles of milk every night, have to wash her sheets all the time..

When I was searching on here for which brand of nappies I came across a thread for resuable ones - interesting - they look like disposable ones (nothing like what I remember from years ago) - anyone have any experience using these as opposed to disposables?

Mx

I'm only clued up cos of my lengthy chats with Linn! :lol: :lol:

I have bought Huggies cos they were the best offer on at the time! If you read the nappy threads on here you will see that it is mainly down to preferance, some people with prefer Pampers and others Huggies. I guess it will be trial and error..

I have 270 Huggies newborn size 1. I won't buy any more in that size now, will get some size 2, and possibly stock up on size 3! I wont buy millions in case they do leak and I need to switch to Pampers.

I'm sure the offer was 2 x packs of 200 huggies size 2 and 3 for £18 yesterday. Does that sound good Linn? I'm going back today cos I couldn't carry anything else and my boot was already full! xx

if its is 2x200 that is really good cause I thought there was only 100 in a box and then it's sometimes 8£ per box which is the best offer I got so far. So I will have a look and buy some of those if it's still just the normal boxes for 18 then I will just buy 2 boxes for now as I know they will have that offer back on where you can get one box for 8£!!

Oh no Sylvie thats bad... Olivia has only one milk before she goes to bed which is 300 ml and then she has nothing until the morning so I just get the size 6 nappies but I can only say the pampers hold a lot more wee than huggies but they are the most expensive as well!

When I was searching on here for which brand of nappies I came across a thread for resuable ones - interesting - they look like disposable ones (nothing like what I remember from years ago) - anyone have any experience using these as opposed to disposables?

Mx

Delilah we'll be using reusable diapers. I will get some disposables for when we're travelling or out of the house, but at home it'll be reusables! Here's a website to give you a good idea as to what it's all about, a friend of a friend owns this store in Halifax (Canada) and I'll be ordering from it. I'm sure you can find a similar one in the UK, but there are good explanations and comparisons on her web site that you may find useful before you look into buying any :)
https://www.nurtured.ca/Scripts/home.asp?extra=8

Delilah I have both a banana bread recipe as well as a banana cake one: which one do you want? OK Linn, Sylvie and Delilah, will send you the lemon coconut square recipe on FB :)

I got loads of reusable nappies but that didn't work out with DD so I never really used them.. they are still brand new only washed them ready to be used and then never did! It's the bamboo ones from totsbots I can show you a link Delilah! I know it's better for the environment but washing them all the time costs a lot of money too so not really saving a lot.. I can't believe how much money I wasted on those nappies.. I think they were nearly £200!!

CJ your friends website is great - some lovely products too - I didnt know about bella bands either they're cool. I have been doing alot of reading on cloth diapers since I posted here and if you have enough and plan it right it seems you can use them almost 100% of the time. I found a link on the natural parenting thread on here for a woman who sends a 7 part series on cloth diapering https://allaboutclothdiapers.com/ - a box comes up for you to sign up to the emails when you go on the site.

Could I have both if you have them typed out please? If not just the banana bread would be good :)

Linn you can sell those you know - there is a site that has preloved nappies on sale that I found earlier I can let you have the link if you want it - I looked at TotsBots these were the ones I was interested in (I think I might change this once I do more research) and I need to discuss it with Paul too!

https://www.fill-your-pants.com/product/229/0/tots-bots-flexi-tots-multipack

If yours are similar and we decide to go ahead maybe I could buy them from you? Unless you'll have another go with your new baby - no worries either way :)

Mxx

We've got a handful of reusables and I think I'll get some prefolds and some disposables... We don't have to decide instantly what we want to use!! :thumbup: Good to try a few different things out :)

Can anyone recommend a pram? I've been looking for a decent one (want one with a bassinet really) and I'd settled on the Quinny Buzz 3, but that and the 4 seem really huge and heavy to push!! I'm gonna be in the US, so a lot of the prams I've seen in the UK aren't available over there :dohh: Anyone got any ideas of a good, lightweight, easily transportable (bearing in mind I will probably be putting it up/down and getting it into the boot/trunk on my own) pram that I can get in the US?

xxx

just popping in.
pampers vs huggies all i will say is that pampers were sooo good at drawing moisture away from babies skin that they totally dried out DD1 and she ended up with nappy shaped red skin, like she was allergic.
Cloth nappies great but not sure it works in the first few days if you are still in hospital as there is nowhere for you to store dirty ones till OH can take them home and wash them for you. oh and some councils will give money back for buying them if you keep your reciepts and claim back... think it was £50 here.
will pop back tomorrow to see how your scans went Linn and Lilli.

and delilah, thanks, ive FBpm you xxx

Delilah yeah might sell them they are brand new, I only washed them 5 times like it said to do with those bamboo ones so they are ready to be used! Thats all I did she never wore them once... got loads and covers and inserts and the outer pants in different colours... but ok I guess you already know what those totsbots are. That was the ones we had decided on back then!
Sure if you'd like to buy then I will only ask very little for them... I kind of wrote them off ages ago! So I'd not want anything much. I still got the bag they came in and everything. I will take a couple of pix and show you! If I'm not selling them god knows what I will do with them they have been in a plastic storage box under DDs bed ever since I bought and washed them :dohh: But yeah if you wanted them they were very well looked after and never actually used and only washed with ecover non bio detergent no fabric softener... followed all the recommendations.

my poor DD is sick she has vomited 3 times today and won't eat and only have sips of water I gave her milk before putting her to sleep but thats when she vomited so no more milk today! I have been washing bedding and duvets covered in sick all day and bathing DD and washing her hair.. I am a little worried to put her to sleep tonight... cause thats when she throws up can she possibly suffocate in her sleep if she chokes on her vomit?

Does anybody know what I should feed her now? I think I won't sleep all night worrying about her I even forgot about my scan tomorrow :cry: if she won't get better I can't take her to the hospital tomorrow and OH will have to stay with her and then it will only be me going... sorry for complaining but I'm not too happy right now!! I didnt even eat anything since 12 and not even started dinner.

Thanks Linn :thumbup: I'll speak to Paul later about this but I really fancy doing cloth nappies after all my research now.

Mxx

do hun I mailed you on facebook mine are not the same as the link you posted!!

Poor baby, she must have picked a bug up Linn, hope she feels better soon - sorry I cant help you with your question as I dont know xx

thanks I hope so she is now sitting watching charlie and lola and agreed to have some walkers ready salted crisps.. I know not healthy but she wouldnt have anything and I won't offer her oranges which are her favourite but too acidic I guess... yeah sure its a bug on Friday at messy play there was a baby that was throwing up there on the sofa DD didn't get near it but I guess she picked it up there!! Just so worried as I never hear her doing it and it's always when I wake her up or get her from her cot that I see what happened and I still use a monitor too but I hear nothing.

hi happygirl and welcome
linn, banana mixed with 'zwieback' (no idea, my exes family called that french bread but you know what i mean. guess dry bread would do the trick as well) is the best for a sick kid. (pour some hot water over the bread for it to soak and mash it with banana). hope she'll be better soon!
delilah, looking into cloth diapers as well though hubby's already getting irriated just at the idea lol i'll see how i feel about it in a few weeks just seems like i could be saving a lot of money there...

thanks she vomited again so gave her a couple of cola ice lollies and will give her squash in her bottle to go to sleep in a min... lol I never saw zwieback here will get my mum to send me some vomex for future! xxx

nothing with too much fat (like milk) dairy products etc. coke is good as well and maybe crackers or pretzels or something
cj. while you're at it, could i PLEASE get those banana cake/bread recipes as well. i love baking and banana cake is one of my favs lol
off to bed now, back to work/school tomorrow. hubby's gonna watch LO for the day xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->