***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

Besides that, I don't think I'll bother too much as nothing has really been shown to help!

Yeah my doc said there is only 1 thing the medical community believes actually helps induce labor and thats a sweep

Claire-Lou Yay for it being you last day of work.

Forgive me if this comes off harsh, but why are you trying to induce labor at 36 weeks? I can't help but think how terrified I was when I thought LO was coming at 28 weeks. Babies need to stay in as long as possible so they develop completely!

Forgive me if this comes off harsh, but why are you trying to induce labor at 36 weeks? I can't help but think how terrified I was when I thought LO was coming at 28 weeks. Babies need to stay in as long as possible so they develop completely!

Baby is fully developed and measuring 38w and 7 pounds. Dr have encouraged me to be more active and given the ok to attempt inducing labor. They are trying to prevent me needing a c-section as if I make it to 40 weeks baby will be 10 pounds maybe more.
Im being seen at Duke Hospital and they are the best at what they do. And after the hour and 30 min scan to check all babies organs and structure im confident they know what they are talking about.

They arent pushing me to have labor too soon bc they want to hold out on a sweep till next week.

What are you ladies doing to start labor?

We've started :sex: again, though not very often as it's difficult and uncomfortable. I'm also taking RLT, 4 capsules a day at the moment.

From 38 weeks I am going to start up with Clary Sage & EPO and my MW has offered me a sweep at 39 weeks, because we want to avoid an induction so I can get my water birth.

I'm using my ball a lot too. :thumbup:

Sooz it is really hard to find Clary Sage in the US. I have been drinking RLT and it gives me cramps :happydance:

Do you feel like your efforts are working?

Nope! :haha:

She's further engaged and I am loosing little bits of plug and getting pressure behind my pubic bone but to be honest I don't feel anything is imminent. My BH have always been fairly frequent so can't say they seem any different either.

3/5 engaged? Definitely progressing! :thumbup: I was 4/5 a week ago, but am hoping to have progressed a little more by the time I see my midwife next week!

We're definitely at the same stage. 4/5 was what I was at my last mw appt so am wondering if that'll change come next week's appt.

My update:

I went to my appointments today with the diabetes counselor as well as my OB. Both basically said I look like cr@p, lol, but not in so many words. I'm exhausted is what it is and just not sleeping and now I have a sore throat that keeps me up... sigh.

So, everything looks good with little Miss Maggie. Her h/r is strong, she's a wiggler, and apparently pretty comfortable in there. I did ask him to do an internal check today since I have been to L&D this week already, have contractions every day, and have had red bleeding twice. At L&D on Monday I was not dilated at all (one nurse did say fingertip, but I think she was just being nice). Today I am 1-2. He didn't say anything about the baby's station or the length of my cervix, but I have a lot of bloody show so he doesn't think I'll go to 40 weeks, lol... this is the doctor who was convinced I'd deliver early, so I'm not too sure how much stock I'd put into his "guesses."

Honestly, I feel close. Not just done because I'm so tired, but it feels like it will be soon. I am going to attempt completing everything for my sub today. She can start on Tuesday (even though I haven't been there all week, nor do I plan on going in on Monday) so at least there will be someone I know and trust ensuring that my students are taken care of. I kinda miss them, just not the work, lol.

Anyway, that's me.

Pop it in the bath or massage it into your bump and back with a carrier oil. It can't be used until term though as it is supposed to actively encourage labour rather than help prepare like RLT does.

My update:

I went to my appointments today with the diabetes counselor as well as my OB. Both basically said I look like cr@p, lol, but not in so many words. I'm exhausted is what it is and just not sleeping and now I have a sore throat that keeps me up... sigh.

So, everything looks good with little Miss Maggie. Her h/r is strong, she's a wiggler, and apparently pretty comfortable in there. I did ask him to do an internal check today since I have been to L&D this week already, have contractions every day, and have had red bleeding twice. At L&D on Monday I was not dilated at all (one nurse did say fingertip, but I think she was just being nice). Today I am 1-2. He didn't say anything about the baby's station or the length of my cervix, but I have a lot of bloody show so he doesn't think I'll go to 40 weeks, lol... this is the doctor who was convinced I'd deliver early, so I'm not too sure how much stock I'd put into his "guesses."

Honestly, I feel close. Not just done because I'm so tired, but it feels like it will be soon. I am going to attempt completing everything for my sub today. She can start on Tuesday (even though I haven't been there all week, nor do I plan on going in on Monday) so at least there will be someone I know and trust ensuring that my students are taken care of. I kinda miss them, just not the work, lol.

Anyway, that's me.

Well at least you're progressing that's a good thing :)

I agree progression is a good thing sweet mama

Rose you can burn it in a oil burner too,

Browsing the net now.
Any certain brand?

When is everyone starting/started their RTL? The lady at my ante-natal classes said you can take it from 32 weeks, however, when I mentioned it to the midwife she said not until 37 weeks. EPO is 37 weeks isn't it?

I'm getting impatient now in wanting to meet baby. I have EVERYTHING we need, and I can't resist buying clothes if I see something cute, but it's annoying because they all have to be unisex. I need baby here soon to occupy me so I stop spending!! I keep buying baby toys too.

I started one cup of RLT a day at 32 weeks with my son, he was born on due date

I forgot this time and started at 33 Rose had a great article on it bit I can't find where she posted it.

Found it it's page 171 in Rose's journal, I'm on phone and can't work out how to re post it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->