***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

Got some not-so-good news today. Seems I have developed mild pre-eclampsia. Doctor called me at work this morning to say I am officially on bed rest and that she will probably want to induce at 37 or 38 weeks.

I am feeling kind of devastated. :cry: My hopes were to try and keep things as natural as possible and from research I have heard that induction can start a domino effect (IV, fetal monitoring, epidural, cesarean). Luckily we hired a doula last week and I know by having her there it will help keep me strong and hopefully help enough to be able to prevent any major interventions being needed.

Oh, hun, I'm sorry. At least they are not worried enough to want to deliver you right this second. That's a start. Just please be watching for warning signs as pre-e can turn very quickly.

I can't believe how close it's getting! :wacko: We're going shopping for baby tomorrow :happydance: I'm so excited! We're going to get all the last minutes things: baby bath stuff, blankies, cot sheets, and hopefully stuff for my hospital bag :happydance:

I know! I had a baby shower last weekend put on by my coworkers and this Saturday I have another baby shower put on by my family (with so far over 50 people coming!) :wacko:

Once this weekend is over I'm buckling down and making a list of anything else we'll need so I can go out and go shopping!

I read the 41 days to go on my ticker and almost fainted...is that all? :dohh:

:cry: One thing I miss is not having a baby shower. They're not that big over here. Oh well, I suppose there's always the next baby :haha:

I can't believe how close it's getting! :wacko: We're going shopping for baby tomorrow :happydance: I'm so excited! We're going to get all the last minutes things: baby bath stuff, blankies, cot sheets, and hopefully stuff for my hospital bag :happydance:

I know! I had a baby shower last weekend put on by my coworkers and this Saturday I have another baby shower put on by my family (with so far over 50 people coming!) :wacko:

Once this weekend is over I'm buckling down and making a list of anything else we'll need so I can go out and go shopping!

I read the 41 days to go on my ticker and almost fainted...is that all? :dohh:

:cry: One thing I miss is not having a baby shower. They're not that big over here. Oh well, I suppose there's always the next baby :haha:
I didn't have a baby shower either, but a lot of people have sent me baby presents/clothes etc, have you got many things? People seem to be so generous when you're expecting!

Ummm, I got some things from my grandmother and my dad sent over some things. It's hard for my family because it costs almost as much if not more than the item to send it over here.

:hugs: Mustang love!!!!!!! :( It'll be ok

Lol @ Sooz!

June is fast approaching, Im suprised we havent had anymore, maybe our babies are waiting for nicer weather (UK ones anyway! lol)

x

:haha: Nice weather in the UK? :haha: I'm awaiting a c-section date. I'll find out tomorrow when our little guy is coming! :happydance:

Thanks, I'm very nervous. We're going shopping for baby today though so I'm happy about that :)

It's been a mini heatwave up here in Bonny Scotland for a few weeks, rain on and off now, but still warm :thumbup:

It's the opposite here - hubby wishes it'd start raining, so he doesn't have to mow the lawn! :haha:

:rofl: My DH was supposed to mow the lawn yesterday but it rained for a bit so he couldn't :rofl: It's a forest!

No baby shower here this time either :/ I had one with my other 4 kids and actually needed one more this time around than with the others. We sold everything before we decided to have another one so we had to start over from scratch. But we managed to buy everything we needed. But the celebration is what's fun. It's a welcoming party for baby. I've thought about throwing a little party after she's here since I feel like she missed out on a welcoming party.

My stomach is constantly changing shape :haha: I was dialated to 1 cm on friday and I know baby is engaged (not fully though) and lost a little of my plug yesterday. I noticed on Saturday I could feel her higher up again which you can tell in one of the pics (35+1). Here are some collages I put together :) I'll be happy to make it to friday at 36 weeks then I can celebrate :) I've had quite a few contractions since I came off my meds on Friday...making slow progress.

https://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a419/mandapanda58/P5170469-1.jpg
https://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a419/mandapanda58/P5170471-1.jpg
https://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a419/mandapanda58/P5170470-1.jpg

I'd love to have some grass that needs to be mowed (lol) 'cos atm we've just got mud and whole lot of weeds. Can't complain too much though 'cos we've got a landscape gardener booked to do the garden come 13 June. Hubby was gonna do it all but he's just been so busy with work that we've had to call in for outside help.

Mother of 4, hope you make it 'til Friday, GL.

hey girls well my appointment yesterday went well, i went to see the midwife and found out i have carpal tunnel syndrome i did get offered to see someone and get some splints for my hands but i said ive only got 5 weeks left there isnt any point in me going though that now... anyways they checked my BP and all was well there, i'm messuring at 36 weeks instead of almost 34 weeks, the midwife also confermed that Flynn is head down and isnt engaged but he is on the brim which is why it hurts, then i went and sat down and waited to see a doctor... and it was my consultant which asked how i was and then sent me away to see another doctor and then they said they will book my date for induction and i needed to see the anaesthetic to talk about what drugs i can and cant take because im on fragmin... i found out im aloud any drugs as long as the fragmin is out of my system after 24 hrs after i saw him i had to go back to the midwife to double check that they had me write down for my induction and found out i have to go in to hospital on the 22nd June between 3pm to 5pm and thats where they will check my blood pressure and other bits and bobs and they will give me gel between 5pm to midnight so i could have Flynn on the 22nd June or 23rd of June....

so can the date on the front of the thread be changed please for my date :happydance: i can't wait for it now all i need to do is double check my bag, Flynns bag, sort out Jason's bag and make sure he has everything he is needed for 3 days being at my parents and then that weekend being at andys parents i then also need to sort out skyes bag and double check she has everything she needs to take with her and then i might need to make a small bag for Andy seeing as he will be staying in with me when i go in.

anywho sorry for the long post :D

quick note to say Megan Ruth is here! More info on my journal. :cloud9:

hey girls well my appointment yesterday went well, i went to see the midwife and found out i have carpal tunnel syndrome i did get offered to see someone and get some splints for my hands but i said ive only got 5 weeks left there isnt any point in me going though that now...

Funnily enough, I developed carpal tunnel a couple of weeks back too. Saw the mw this morning and she's referred me to the physiotherapist.

Span congratulations on having your baby girl :happdance:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->