***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

I don't know what my cervix was like prior to my waters breaking but the first internal I had at hospital the MW had to pull my cervix down which was really painful so just because yours is still high doesn't always mean nothing could happen, I was over 2 weeks early.

I don't know what my cervix was like prior to my waters breaking but the first internal I had at hospital the MW had to pull my cervix down which was really painful so just because yours is still high doesn't always mean nothing could happen, I was over 2 weeks early.

Eep! I've never heard of a midwife pulling down the cervix! That sounds painful :nope:

Good luck with midwife ladies, Gwizz you having a sweep? x

If she'll give me one yeah - muttered summot last time about only having one after 41 weeks but im gonna beg :haha:

x

Eep! I've never heard of a midwife pulling down the cervix! That sounds painful :nope:

It was, I was laid on the bed clinging onto the railings, it was probably more painful than a contraction!

It was, I was laid on the bed clinging onto the railings, it was probably more painful than a contraction!

If you don't mind me asking, do you know why the midwife did that? You said your LO was two weeks early so I didn't know why they would have to pull down your cervix?

Congrats on new babies :happydance:

LoR - you can always say no to being induced if everything's ok and you don't want to - I did last time, until the pressure to be induced got too much at 17 days past EDD - kind of wish I hadn't as i don't think DS was ready to be born :wacko:

Had my sweep :thumbup: Induction booked 1/7/11 if nothings happened by then

x

SmokyJoe - I'm planning on turning down induction, really want this little man to come when he's ready.

Hi everyone i havent been on this in a while but thought id let you all know my little booy alfie arrived on 12 june weighing 9lb 11. He is gorgeous and settling in well.

Hi everyone i havent been on this in a while but thought id let you all know my little booy alfie arrived on 12 june weighing 9lb 11. He is gorgeous and settling in well.

Congratulations

Congrats on new babies :happydance:

LoR - you can always say no to being induced if everything's ok and you don't want to - I did last time, until the pressure to be induced got too much at 17 days past EDD - kind of wish I hadn't as i don't think DS was ready to be born :wacko:

Unfortunately at the birthing center they will not take me past 41+5, so if I refuse the induction I will be forced to go to a hospital and not be under midwife care. So I would really have to weigh my options 1) be induced at 41+6 at the birth center where I will be with the midwives I've had the entire pregnancy and have the atmosphere that I want or 2) be in a hospital, in a completely different atmosphere than I want and under OB care. I think I'd rather stick with the birth center.

Of course, hopefully she will definitely show up before 41+5! :thumbup: I'm trying not to worry too much about it.

Congrats Debbie :happydance:

LoR - that's a hard one - I can totally understand why you'd want to stay with the birth centre. I'm sure you'll go into labour naturally before 41+5 :D

Rose - that's my plan too this time (as long as nothing is wrong if I go for monitoring), and I can't really be induced anyway because of previous c-section. They said they would break my waters and then if labour didn't start I'd have to have a section again :wacko: :( So just going to say 'no' for as long as possible :winkwink:

Congrats on all the new babies and :hugs: to those still waiting.

Leila had her heart operation on Tuesday. Her condition was so serious it could have led to heart failure :cry: However, the op went really well and the Dr was delighted with the outcomes. He hopes she won't need any further procedures! :happydance:

xXx

:cry:

If you don't mind me asking, do you know why the midwife did that? You said your LO was two weeks early so I didn't know why they would have to pull down your cervix?

I honestly don't know, I think it just helps speed up labour and gets the cervix in place where it should be.

Congrats on all the new babies and :hugs: to those still waiting.

Leila had her heart operation on Tuesday. Her condition was so serious it could have led to heart failure :cry: However, the op went really well and the Dr was delighted with the outcomes. He hopes she won't need any further procedures! :happydance:

xXx

I'm glad everything went well for your LO, must be such a relief :hugs:

I feel crap this afternoon. The midwife came to see me, she said my episiotomy still looks to be infected even though I was told on Monday the swab taken came back negative so I now have a new course of anti-biotics and it still looks very bruised down there. She has already spoken to someone about referring me once I reach 6 weeks for re-fashioning as she said I am unlikely to be happy with how it will heal at the end :cry:

Just a quick update

Had text from Gwizz at 22:00 to say she was on the way to hospital as her waters had broke.

Sending her :dust: and love :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->