***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

Good luck LadyofRohan! Let us know how you get on.

My father-in-law took a message from my GP's surgery today saying "It's about the results from your blood tests. Don't worry but call us when you can." Yeah OK, I won't worry then....arrrggghhhhhh! The surgery was closed all afternoon for training so have to wait til tomorrow - very frustrating. Hoping it's something minor, obviously.

Lx

Don't panic hunni, you may just be a little anaemic and need some iron tablets or one of the samples may have clotted in the tube, this happens often and means nothing other than they can't get a result from it and need a repeat sample :hugs:

JNA, I back what Claire-Lou said. It's quite common to not find a heartbeat with a doppler at your stage. Try not to let it get to you. How does the doc know that the baby is "not happy"?? Sounds rather harsh! If you know you're eating well then that's all you can do.

Good luck to everyone who has scans and appointments coming up.

Span - nearly into the second tri! Hoorah!

Congratulations and welcome to rachyh1990! How are you doing?

Lx

I have keytones in my urine which means the baby isnt getting much nutrition because my body is burning off fat instead of healthy glucose. I really dont understand it. She just told me to try and eat every 2 hours or so to keep food in me

They found plus 2 ketones in my urine today as well, they hospitalise at plus 4 so I have to have another test next week. MW said it is important I start trying to eat as many calories now as possible so I'm going to have to devise a plan too.

I also got put forward 5 days at my scan today, which means I'm now due end of May! I don't know whether to jump ship or not given baby will probably be late anyway? :shrug:

Sooz dont leave us lol
We can set up an eating plan together hehe. What have you been eating thus far?

Sooz - I don't see why you can't hang out here, maybe they'll change your due date again.

My first appointment is tomorrow, not as nervous as when it was supposed to be on Tuesday before they cancelled it. I'll post when I get home to let everyone know how it goes.

thanks for the greetings! i've had my first appt, but really only did paperwork, answered medical questions, and got sent to a lab for bloodwork. they couldn't draw my blood there because the lady was nervous since the patient before me passed out on her and my veins are insanely small and roll easily so it takes a lot of skill to get blood from me lol i have my first scan tuesday afternoon, i'm SO excited to see LO for the first time!! =D

Hi everyone - has anyone started to buy maternity clothes yet? I don't have a
bump yet, but I am just so bloated all the time still that most of my pants don't really fit. It is quite frustrating. Also, is anyone else still feeling twinges/crampy at times?

Sooz dont leave us lol
We can set up an eating plan together hehe. What have you been eating thus far?

Well last night I managed a lasagne and a bag of crisps and then today I've been blindsided by the type of nausea I though I left behind....I can't move/cough/drink without vomiting....so at the moment two biscuits and a yoghurt today. :cry:

I'm seeing MW Wednesday for another ketone check. Half wish they would hospitalise me until I'm stable at least to be honest. I have to say though no-one has told me this is harming the baby in anyway, I mean, he has grown loads for his age in the last couple of weeks. It's me they're worried for....I've lost half a stone. :wacko:

I think I'll continue to hang out here if you guys don't mind. :flower:

You're not alone sooz, I'm sick as a dog.....I can barely keep anything down :-( Had a bowl of special K today and a tropical ice cream bar (num num!) seems I'm craving tropical fruity things just now cause they actually stay down and feel nice in my tummy. I want to cry a lot cause I'm so sick and sleepy. Does it get better soon???

You're not alone sooz, I'm sick as a dog.....I can barely keep anything down :-( Had a bowl of special K today and a tropical ice cream bar (num num!) seems I'm craving tropical fruity things just now cause they actually stay down and feel nice in my tummy. I want to cry a lot cause I'm so sick and sleepy. Does it get better soon???

Most people say the sickness goes when you get into the 2nd Tri. I felt so sick last night that I just lay my head on the kitchen table and started crying - hubby was lovely about it, eventhough he probably thinks his wife is going crazy :winkwink:

Mine is going nuts as well. I've had sickness since about week 7 and I'm going on week 10 now :wacko: I don't think he can handle much more of me laying about and doing nothing :lol:

Had an ultrasound today and got to see the baby for the first time! :happydance:

The technician said everything looked great and my dates were right on target! The baby's heart rate was 170 bpm! Our next ultrasound is scheduled for December 17th :kiss:

Had an ultrasound today and got to see the baby for the first time! :happydance:

The technician said everything looked great and my dates were right on target! The baby's heart rate was 170 bpm! Our next ultrasound is scheduled for December 17th :kiss:

It's the best feeling, isn't it?? Congrats!

Back from the doctor's office. So far everything seems good, the doctor couldn't find anything with the doppler, but she said anything before 12 weeks is usually too early. She says my due date is June 25, so since it's going to be on my paperwork I'm changing it to that. According to her, I can get a sonogram around 16 weeks, but due to high demand / not enough doctors I might just get the one at 20. (I could go get a private one for $400 if I really wanted...lolno)

Next appointment is December 15. I'm supposed to be called back by the hospital concerning the blood tests, which may be taken earlier.

Hi everyone - has anyone started to buy maternity clothes yet? I don't have a
bump yet, but I am just so bloated all the time still that most of my pants don't really fit. It is quite frustrating. Also, is anyone else still feeling twinges/crampy at times?

Yes to both! I am still getting twinges and have started wearing mat clothes due to the bloat!

Don't panic hunni, you may just be a little anaemic and need some iron tablets or one of the samples may have clotted in the tube, this happens often and means nothing other than they can't get a result from it and need a repeat sample :hugs:

Thanks hun. Managed to get through to them this afternoon and the doc said..."I'm not even sure why I've been asked to call you, you just have a genetic blood disease"...which seemed like a mixed message! But turns out I have Thalassemia, which isn't a problem because it isn't causing any harm.

Lx

I also got put forward 5 days at my scan today, which means I'm now due end of May! I don't know whether to jump ship or not given baby will probably be late anyway? :shrug:

Go wild and be a member of both groups!

Lx

thanks for the greetings! i've had my first appt, but really only did paperwork, answered medical questions, and got sent to a lab for bloodwork. they couldn't draw my blood there because the lady was nervous since the patient before me passed out on her and my veins are insanely small and roll easily so it takes a lot of skill to get blood from me lol i have my first scan tuesday afternoon, i'm SO excited to see LO for the first time!! =D

Sounds like a good thing they didn't let the nervous woman loose on you with a needle! Let us know how your scan goes, should be very exciting for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->