***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

Sooo I got hospitalised yesterday. DH got home from work Friday, took one look at me and got straight on the phone. After going from Dr to hospital to Maternity to Gynaecology he was told he had to get a referral from my GP so he called the doctor again and he got MAD!

We had an appointment straight away and my urine tested positive for plus four ketones which is severe so the referral was made. They like to do day treatment so had some tablets to tide me over until the morning. I was admitted at 8am, assessed, had my cannualar in and then got a anti-emetic jab in the bum....that bloody hurt! Over the day I then had 3 bags of IV sodium Chloride and 2 IV bags of Hartmans solution, more sickness tablets, vitamins and a anti-coagulant injection in my stomach. I also managed two meals, three cups of tea, chocolate and no vomiting!

Urine hit trace levels around 6pm and was discharged at 9pm with two lots of sickness tablets. If it happens again I can now refer myself back for more treatment. Oh, I also have to wear DVT stockings now.Sexy.

Still fuming that I had to get so ill before they would intervene but so glad I am feeling better and the staff who looked after me were amazing, so kind and attentive. Home now resting and determined to keep on top of things from now.

Moral of the story....if your sickness is taking over everything make them help you before it gets this far.....shout, scream and cry if needs be!

Wow, that's a lot of treatment in one day! Excellent news that you're feeling better and good on the OH for getting on the phone on your behalf. Fingers crossed that the sickness tablets do their thing.

Lx

:hugs: sooz hope u are ok

Looks like im cancelling my booking-in appointment on tues as we all have hand foot and mouth disease and feel its unfair for midwife to enter into the sick house lol! I'll never get booked in at this rate - havent had any scans or anything since start of this pregnancy yet ......

Glad your better Sooz :hugs: eat carbohydrates if you can :thumbup:

Im home on Thanksgiving break and I woke up this morning to my mom singing to me belly. She scared the crap out of me but I thought it was so cute how excited she is for a grandchild.

Aw Sooz so glad you got the treatment you needed and hope it lets you turn a corner. Shocking that you had to get so bad before getting any treatment! :nope:
My MS seems to be settling (though last time I thought that I had a few bad days). Managing to eat more and more so should start putting on weight after losing 3kg. Still off chocolate though...... :wacko:

Saw all the bits that my sister has brought down from Lincoln today (they're stashed at my parents house). She has a 4 year old and is lending us loads of stuff including a mamas & papas buggy/car seat system, a seat/rocker, a moses basket.
Spent the weekend with the MIL. Can tell it's going to be hard work dealing with all her advice and I suspect I'll end up have to have a 'word' with her within the next year!

Scan tomorrow so quite nervous but excited at the same time! Hope yours goes well Kerrygold! :happydance:

Glad to hear you are feeling better Sooz. That must have been scary! :hugs: You are fortunate to have OH that takes control like that. I have a feeling if I was in the same boat, mine would STILL expect me to make all the phone calls.

Oh Sooz, that sounds so scary! :hugs: I'm glad that you were able to get the treatment you needed! Good for DH for standing up and demanding that you be seen at the doctor's office!

I hope you are feeling better!

Thanks for all your well wishes, I feel amazing now. I feel like a human again, I have energy and everything! Just have to take my tablets on time and keep eating regularly. The DVT stockings are also keeping my legs nice and warm. :lol:

Good luck for today Span & Kerry xxx

PS: Found Leechlings HB on doppler today :cloud9:

Hope your scans go well Span and Kerrygold.

Lx

I've just posted in 1st tri but thought I'd better update here too!
Scan went very well today. It was a nuchal scan and they combine with a blood test (taken 2 weeks ago) to give you your chance of downs. Mine is 1 in 13255 which compares well with the average chance for a 32 year old of 1 in 663 so very happy! :happydance:

Also had my due date changed from 1st June to 23rd May! I'm now measuring at 14 weeks! :shrug: Will be nice to tootle over to 2nd tri but, like Sooz, I'll still hand around here too (though might introduce myself to the May group).
Means I won't get to be a peach - better change my ticker and find out whats next in the greengrocers! :rofl:

Got my appointment with the consultant next wednesday (booked by the midwife as I have moderate asthma) so another lie-in from work! :haha:

Feel like a big weight has been lifted - just want to start getting a bump now!
Hope your scan went well today Kerrygold.

Attachments

• nuchal scan.jpg
    nuchal scan.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 8
Glad all went well Span. I had a feeling you might be re-dated for some reason, I guess as you were so borderline June anyway! I only got to be a plum for a couple of days. I spent so long looking forward to that damn fruit as well. :haha:

span! I'm happy for you :) I can't wait for my scan in a week! :happydance: I'm nervous though! I want to make sure baby is ok.

Glad to hear all was well Span! I'm amused that we are both 32 with moderate asthma and I can't get the nuchal test here and haven't been referred to the consultant! :rofl: Gotta love all the differences?!

I don't get my Downs bloods done for another month. I hope my risk is as good as yours!

I have now got a proper preggo journal but for those of you who don't wish to stalk, here's the Nugget! :happydance:

xXx

Attachments

• 2010-11-22 15.51.31.jpg
    2010-11-22 15.51.31.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 5
Yeah it's strange how different NHS trusts have different policies. It's standard here to have the nuchal testing. I was actually surprised to be booked in with a consultant but happy enough to go if it'll put everyones mind at rest. :thumbup:

So glad your scan went well. I'll be stalking both yours and sooz's preggo journals! :happydance:

Yeah it's strange how different NHS trusts have different policies. It's standard here to have the nuchal testing. I was actually surprised to be booked in with a consultant but happy enough to go if it'll put everyones mind at rest. :thumbup:

So glad your scan went well. I'll be stalking both yours and sooz's preggo journals! :happydance:

Are you not keeping one Hun?

NTT is standard here too, in that everyone is offered it. My bloods were taken after the scan though so my result won't be back for two weeks. If your odds are more than 1:100 you don't ever hear back, so I don't think you find out what the actual odds were just that your 'low' risk. I know my NF measurement was 1.2mm.

What a busy few days. But only two weeks until my scan. Its just taken me aaaaggggeeeeessssss to read all the posts i've missed but lovely to catch up with how you all are.

I got baptised and confirmed yesterday which was really exciting but so exhausting trying to organise the house and a bit of a "do" afterwards and making sure no-one noticed that I wasn't drinking!

Time for bed now me thinks. Night night ladies :sleep:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->