***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

Hi everyone - has anyone started to buy maternity clothes yet? I don't have a
bump yet, but I am just so bloated all the time still that most of my pants don't really fit. It is quite frustrating. Also, is anyone else still feeling twinges/crampy at times?

Yes and yes!

In both this pregnancy and my last, I felt the need to buy maternity trousers just after 9 weeks. I could probably have waited a bit longer in the first pregnancy but I just hated being uncomfortable all day. This time round I'm showing much bigger, much sooner and couldn't get into my normal trousers if my life depended on it. I look about 4 or 5 months already.

I am still getting occassional cramps and twinges, particularly when I move suddenly or cough/sneeze violently. Hurts like hell but doesn't last long at all.

Lx

Hi everyone - has anyone started to buy maternity clothes yet? I don't have a
bump yet, but I am just so bloated all the time still that most of my pants don't really fit. It is quite frustrating. Also, is anyone else still feeling twinges/crampy at times?
I'm thinking I need to get some bigger trousers - I've only actually gained 3 lbs since I got pregnant, but my trousers don't fit anymore (before they were loose!) ... when I look at myself, I don't *look* that bloated, but I think I've just got used to it now, because I must be bloated or my clothes would still fit!

Well last night I managed a lasagne and a bag of crisps and then...

It's me they're worried for....I've lost half a stone. :wacko:

I think I'll continue to hang out here if you guys don't mind. :flower:

Oh, so sorry to hear this Sooz. I really hope the sickness settles down soon. Of course we don't mind you hanging out here!

Sorry to hear that you're still struggling with it too Ozzie and Rose. It really should get much better once you're into the next tri.

Lx

Had an ultrasound today and got to see the baby for the first time! :happydance:

The technician said everything looked great and my dates were right on target! The baby's heart rate was 170 bpm! Our next ultrasound is scheduled for December 17th :kiss:

Fantastic news, congratulations!
Lx

Back from the doctor's office. So far everything seems good, the doctor couldn't find anything with the doppler, but she said anything before 12 weeks is usually too early. She says my due date is June 25, so since it's going to be on my paperwork I'm changing it to that. According to her, I can get a sonogram around 16 weeks, but due to high demand / not enough doctors I might just get the one at 20. (I could go get a private one for $400 if I really wanted...lolno)

Next appointment is December 15. I'm supposed to be called back by the hospital concerning the blood tests, which may be taken earlier.

Have moved your date for you. $400?!?! That's crazy! Good news that the appointment went well though.

Lx

Have moved your date for you. $400?!?! That's crazy! Good news that the appointment went well though.
Lx

That's if I want it through a private clinic. Sad thing is, if I still lived in the States, that would probably be a bargain. :haha:

If I get them through the hospital I don't have to pay for them, but due to the priority-based waiting list I may not be guaranteed many (unless there's an emergency or it's the 20 week scan). Quebec healthcare is a little short-staffed thanks to funding. I'll probably just stick with what the hospital provides because they'll order more if they really need to check something (and I won't have to pay).

As far as maternity clothes go, I've only bought a pair of maternity jeans I happened across at the thrift store and some underwear. I'm trying to hold off until I leave for Christmas because I may luck out and find more maternity stores during vacation. The one here has nice stuff, but it's a bit pricey.

Not bad, but the power keeps going out due to high winds. So glad this will be an early summer baby.

How are you?

Not bad, but the power keeps going out due to high winds. So glad this will be an early summer baby.

How are you?

That sounds annoying - we've been having a few storms here too.

I'm ok thanks, the constipation has kicked in, and the nausea's back, so I'm trying to find something I can eat!

How is everyone today?

Th past two weeks I have been so exhausted. I cannot accomplish anything. My house is a mess (DH seems to think that since I'm not up for cleaning, he isn't either). I am really hoping this exhaustion goes away during second tri.

On a good note, we found babys HB on the doppler last night! It took a little while and we could only hear for a few minuted, but it was still very nice.

When are you guys gonna buy baby stuff. My mom told me I cant get anything till im 7 months because its bad luck? Is she just an old crazy lady or are you guys waiting till 3 tri?

When are you guys gonna buy baby stuff. My mom told me I cant get anything till im 7 months because its bad luck? Is she just an old crazy lady or are you guys waiting till 3 tri?

I'll probably start after Christmas. Hopefully there will be sales all over the place.

Yeah the new years sales are always great.

Start whenever you want hunni, it's really not bad luck.

Im still in the stage of figuring out what I want/need for the baby. Gosh I dont even know where to start lol

Go ahead and buy stuff if you want, but it sounds like she wants to make sure she's not buying you duplicates of whatever for your baby shower. I'm going to wait till after the holidays because I know some people who are getting rid of their baby stuff.

Gosh, sorry I haven't been on here for what seems like ages - I've been a right moody cow :dohh: (hormones, lol).

Good luck KerryGold with your scan tomorrow. I've got just over a week still to go and it's taking AGES to get here. Let us know how it goes.

As for the buying things, I've already bought my first babygrows :blush:. Couldn't help myself. Plus, I had a Next voucher which my nan bought me way before she passed away last year and I always knew that I was going to get my first baby grows with it, so it would feel like she bought them. I wasn't too sure when the voucher expired so went out last week to get some just in case. Won't be getting anything else until we've had our scan though but because we're moving next month I think it'll be after Christmas once we start making some more purchases. So exciting though isn't it.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend :flower:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->