***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

Hi, I've decided to join this forum as I'm English and miss my home - am living in South Africa. Need to speak to some pregnant people who aren't so African or Afrikaans (lovely as they are;) )

I'm due June 26th and am already getting porky even though I'm only 9 weeks! There must be triplets in there or something...

I was supposed to go for my first scan last week then the receptionist realised the doctor wasn't actually going to be there so canceled a couple of hours beforehand *sob sob*
I rearranged for yesterday then my car broke down and I couldn't get anywhere!! I'm now going to leave it til week 12 so we can see the sex but I've heard that with good equipment you can tell as early as week 9. Anyone know what this 'good' equipment is? I'm thinking probably one of those probe things they put inside you as they seem to take proper photographs and not black and white grainy pics. I guess the chances of those existing where I am are slim though...

Hi ladies. My unofficial DD is june 18th. Lots of june babies on the way!

:wave: hiya

hope u are all well ..... :)

xxxxxxxx

I'm due the 21st.

Going for a second 12 week scan on the 9th December lol.

Hello! All you June-mummy-to-be's

My word there are a lot of June babies - welcome and congrats to you new guys :wave:.

So at the moment I'm finding it difficult to sleep but this is purely down to excitement... My scan is now 4 days away :happydance: but the time seems to really be dragging. Then next weekend, providing everything's ok with the scan (fx), we'll be telling the families our news. I can't wait 'cos I'm sure everyone's thinking that I've started the Christmas food marathon early this year.

Anyway, hope everyone's got some exciting plans for this weekend. We're off sofa and curtain shopping. xx

10th june 2011, first baby after long time ttc and clomid :)
dating scan 1st december at 12+5

The first 12 week scan (where it turned out I was 9 weeks) was amazing.

Little butterbean was very clear and was waving arms about and had a good strong heart beat so we've told all our friends and family. Had some very interesting reactions.

It did take a little time for it to sink in with my Grancha that he's going to be a great grancha but then he is 97 years old so it's only understandable that it took a little time for him to grasp what we were saying. The grin he gave once he understood was worth the perseverance.

Just looking forward to the 9th of December when I get to see butterbean again! :)

Hello,

Just wanted to say I'm not ignoring all of the lovely new people...just having a hectic day so no time to add everyone yet. Will get around to it later. Welcome to you all!

Lx

Hello ladies. I just came about this thread. I'm due the 9th of June. I go in Monday Nov.29th for my 12 week 4 day scan....I can't wait to see my cubbi again.....

Hi ladies can i join? EDD 14th June and my 12 week scan next thursday :D

WOW!! I guess someone has been advertising the June Buds thread! That's great. Welcome and congratulations to all the new joiners. I think I've added you all but have a look and let me know if I made a mistake at all.

Those of you who haven't already...tell us a bit about yourself, any appointments you have coming up soon and what's on your mind pregnancy/baby-wise (good, bad or ugly). Those who have already shared some info, I'm going back now to have a proper read.

There are lots of scans going on at the moment and some people have shared their lovely pics. Don't forget to add your own and tell us how your appointments go...that's to all the older members too!

Hope everyone is well.

Lx
Lx

Hello all!

Went to my doctor's yesterday and did a scan - I'm now officially due in the month of June (June 30th!) I'm 9 weeks today.

Here's a picture of the scan:
https://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/KatieWriter/Picture4515.jpg

Lovely pic MommyWishes! Baby looks so snuggled in!

Lx

I don't think I shared my 12 week scan so here you go and also, caught Leechling on the doppler and recorded earlier.....listen in if your interested, may help those of you who plan to use a doppler work out what your looking out for soundwise.

Heart Beart at 157bpm

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs931.snc4/74459_1696482938564_1432575835_1838487_2180673_n.jpg

Hi, I've decided to join this forum as I'm English and miss my home - am living in South Africa. Need to speak to some pregnant people who aren't so African or Afrikaans (lovely as they are;) )

I'm due June 26th and am already getting porky even though I'm only 9 weeks! There must be triplets in there or something...

I was supposed to go for my first scan last week then the receptionist realised the doctor wasn't actually going to be there so canceled a couple of hours beforehand *sob sob*
I rearranged for yesterday then my car broke down and I couldn't get anywhere!! I'm now going to leave it til week 12 so we can see the sex but I've heard that with good equipment you can tell as early as week 9. Anyone know what this 'good' equipment is? I'm thinking probably one of those probe things they put inside you as they seem to take proper photographs and not black and white grainy pics. I guess the chances of those existing where I am are slim though...

Hello! Congrats on your pregnancy and sorry you're feeling homesick. You aren't alone in the early porkiness...I look 5 months already!

The equipment that allows you to see gender at 9 weeks sounds good! No idea what it is though. I thought it was still a rarity (sp?!) to find out at 12 weeks.

Good luck for the scan when it finally happens!

Lx

P.S. Off topic...just being nosey...what took you to SA and how are you finding it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->