***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

Sorry hun cant help u on pain although it has happened twice when i sneeze for a brief secong :hugs:

Got my doppler today and heard hb for first time!!!! 1st scan on 17th - seem to be only one left who hasnt heard or seen bubs till today lol

:hugs: girls

x

Miss Muffet - good luck with the amnio. Don't forget that it's still very likely everything will be fine! :hugs:

Feeling a bit tired today. Had the work christmas meal last night and didn't get home until 1.30am - and this was after getting up fpr work that morning at 5.45am! Thankfully I booked off today as knew it would be a long day yesterday. Just been watching horseracing on tv (love jump racing) and about to watch Twilight Eclipse (love the eclipse saga! :shrug: )
Disappointingly I have thown up the last 2 mornings. Yesterday was while in the middle of crossing a BUSY road near work (Cromwell Road - where natural history museum etc are) which was my most public performance yet. Today was probably because I got up so late then couldn't decide what I fancied eating so my stomach rebelled at the delay! :cry:

I am FINALLY starting to get a bump, though I just feel fat! :wacko: Definately a bump starting to take shape though and it seemed to appear in a day! :shrug:
Posted pics of 14 weeks and 16 weeks, 5days.
I apologise for the FILTHY mirror in the 1st pic *hangs head in shame* My housework has really gone to pot and hubby is getting even worse than me! :dohh:

Attachments

• bump 14w.jpg
    bump 14w.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 7
  • bump 16w3d.jpg
    bump 16w3d.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 8
Cute bump span :) Hey dont worry about the mirror mine is also bad lol!

Span my mirror is always covered in toothpaste even though I clean it every week. I think I'll have to clean it on bump day each week just to prove it.

Finally got post today as snow is thawing and my Downs results, which were posted on 26th November (!), have come back as low risk and everything else is clear. We don't get an exact figure in my area if your low risk, so just know it is less risk than 1:150.

Sooz I can't believe your baby's the size of an orange! Sorry but every week I pester my DH by what fruit our's is and normally whichever it is he ends up having it everyday for his packup at work :haha:. I think we're to have a lemon come Saturday so I doubt he'll have that though. Maybe I'll get some lemon yoghurts or lemon slices instead.

Lol that's cute! I have no idea what a 'naval' orange is though, I assume it isn't a tummy dwelling fruit. :haha:

Avocado tomorrow. :wacko:

Great news sooz about the nuchal results! I love Mondays as they're the day I change fruit/veg and get my baby centre weekly emails. I love telling people 'it's an avocado' etc and showing my emails to the girls at work. :thumbup:

Span my mirror is always covered in toothpaste even though I clean it every week. I think I'll have to clean it on bump day each week just to prove it.

Finally got post today as snow is thawing and my Downs results, which were posted on 26th November (!), have come back as low risk and everything else is clear. We don't get an exact figure in my area if your low risk, so just know it is less risk than 1:150.

:thumbup: Glad to hear your news!!

Just a quick question, when you have your scan, do they look for things like spina bifida and if they were to notice an abnormality would they say so there and then?

Just a quick question, when you have your scan, do they look for things like spina bifida and if they were to notice an abnormality would they say so there and then?

The ultrasound tech wouldn't tell me anything either way. She said they had to wait and get blood test results. I was under the impression that any spinal abnormalities could be found from the test, but I am really not 100% sure. :shrug:

The tests at 12 weeks are for more than just Downs Syndrome, they look for other trisonomy abnormalities and also Spina Bifida plus any signs the baby isn't developing as it should.

The US technicians are not usually allowed to discuss their findings with you but if anything is picked up you would be informed once the results were in.

Sooz - great news on your results!
Squeal - in the states they now offer what they call an NT test here to test for the chromosome abnormalities. First they do a blood draw and that in addition to the NT gets you your results. It is just a screening though to let you know if there is a risk or not and not a diagnostic test (which would confirm whether or not there was a problem with the baby.)

AFM - I am excited that in 3 days I will officially be in my 2nd Trimester! WOOHOO!!!! What is the fruit for week 14?

Don't remember who asked, but I googled naval orange LOL "A navel orange is a special type of orange which has a little surprise inside once it is peeled: a partially formed undeveloped fruit like a conjoined twin, located at the blossom end of the fruit. From the outside, the blossom end is reminiscent of a human navel, leading to the common name of “navel orange.”

Yes - when I sneeze, I get some pain, and unfortunately, I think I am getting a cold :-(

Ok so wait...i was doing some research and apparently 2nd trimester starts at 13 weeks so YAY. I am already in my 2nd trimester! Can someone please confirm this information? I don't want to dance a jig if ain't true LOL.

Well i have read in books that second trimester starts on your 13 weeks too but on here its 14 weeks ? well either way congrats ! AHH this morning i woke up with my back in so much pain like i pulled my muscle out..it left after i switched positions of sleeping..and i started gettin cramps today..im 13 weeks now so is this normal ? and FINALLY the morning sickness is basically gone now ! so happyyyy :D

Well, I will change my status to 2nd trimester on Monday just to be safe :). I have lots of back and hip pain when I sleep. In fact when I get up (the numerous times in the middle of the night) to go the bathroom, it is almost as though I have thrown my lower back out. I also have had some cramping...though they are more twinge like feeling.

Lucky that your MS is gone. I am still feeling it :-(

Yeah ill wait for sunday to be on second trimester too :) and do you know why this back pain happens ?? i still dry heave maybe once a day but i can actually eat now.is anyone starting to show yet ?

Week 14 is a lemon but your already in second tri!

I've gone 24 hours without a sickness tablet and so far so good, hopefully on the road to being a normal functional human being again. :D

I am just going off the books which say your in the second trimester when your in your 13th week. But we will be telling everyone when I am 12 weeks.

:thumbup:

trimester are different depending on which country your in

I couldnt wait till 14 so I went over at 13.3 lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back