***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

Merry Christmas everyone

I prob wont be on much over the next few days :hug:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Off to the In Laws tomorrow then my parents on boxing day.
Hubby is at work tonight till at least 2am - hope he doesn't get stuck there on a job like last years (got home 7am!:wacko: )
He's a bit cut up as he was involved in a case where a 6 year old child died last night - was there while the paramedics tried in vain to resuscitate him after a severe seizure. :cry: Really hard for anyone to have to deal with, especially a nervous dad to be who's paranoid about that sort of thing happening to us. I wonder if work will offer councelling for that sort of thing (he's a copper)
He'd just started to act a bit more positive so I'm going to have to be very careful with him and give him a big hug when he gets in.
The poor family. :nope:

Just paid for our NCT antenatal course (mid to late April).
Tuesday we're meeting up with friends who have a 1 year old girl. They have already offered to lend us anything we need and got a text today offering a list of stuff they're clearing out including a door bouncer, video monitor and bottle steriliser. This on top of a load of stuff from my sister (including buggy/car seat and moses basket).

Anyway present wrapping awaits....................

Merry christmas everyone :kiss:
I'm back in the June group again, as put forward a week at my scan :D

What is boxing day?

Merry Christmas!!!

And has anyone heard the "myth" that if someone makes you mad enough your baby will look like them?

Boxing day is the day after Christmas! I think servants used to be allowed the day off and sent with a box of goodies to see their families or something!

Nugget gave me a few kicks for Christmas! :happydance:

Hope everyone had a great day!

xXx

Happy late christmas everyone :) well i got some baby things for my presents on christmas which was the greatest ! and i had an appointment with my doctor today.heard the heartbeat and heard the baby kicking and moving around..he said everything is normal and showed my where my uterus..its already above my bellybutton.and i am already showing.i think i have felt the baby move already too..only when im laying still..it feels like slight tapping..almost like gas but its not.doctor told me its probably the baby since i would feel gas higher on my belly..ahh so happy.i have my gender scan next month :) and my hips and lower back hurt too ! especially when im trying to go to bed ! it feels like a pulled muscle..sucksss :/ how is everyone else ?

I don't know exactly where my uterus is but pretty sure it isn't that high up. I think it's a couple of inches below my belly button as FHB is still low in my pelvis. I felt Leechling roll over last night, was very strange but much more plesant than the cervical kicks he has been dispensing.

20 week scan a week tomorrow. :wacko:

I think my poor cat has diabetes. :wacko:
He lives with my parents as I left him there with a garden when I moved out a few years ago. My mum had mentioned increased drinking and peeing and a bit of weight loss but when I saw him on boxing day I was shocked! You can feel his spine and hips easily and his coat looks terrible. I had just planned on getting a urine sample and checking a dipstick but took one look at him and said I'd take him to work (back in tomorrow- I'm a veterinary nurse) for more investigations. My suspicions were either kidney failure or diabetes.
Got him back to mine this afternoon, to make it easier to get him to work tomorrow, and tested his pee - LOADS of glucose and some ketones so it looks like diabetes it is! I prefer that to stuffed kidneys - just had to break the news to mum that she'll have to do twice daily injections. :haha:
Hopefully nothing else will show up when we run bloods tomorrow.

Think my mum feels a bit guilty as she'd let him put on loads of weight over the last couple of years and I'd kept warning her that he could develop diabetes! Never thought it'd actually happen though! :dohh:

My bump is still not developing when I'm standing, though it seems to be increasing when I lie on my back. :wacko: I really am getting to the difficult clothing stage though - the only pair of jeans that are still comfortable need the help of a hairband to give extra room but my maternity jeans are too loose.

Hubby and I have started to sound out names we like but we both seem to have opposite tastes! I love Isla for a girl and Jasper for a boy (an area we stayed on our honeymoon so maybe a bit Posh and Becks but not in an obvious way) but he dislikes both, after initially liking Jasper.
His dad hasn't helped by saying we need a good traditional name like David (my cats name), Michael (1st boyfriends name) or Alan (YOU WHAT?!).
Got plenty of time to get it sorted.

Anyway I'm rabbiting on again....:dohh: Keep thinking maybe I should've started my own journal but probably a bit late now!

Awww span! It's never too late to start a journsl - I'd be there to stalk for sure! Sorry to hear about David but as you say diabetes is more managable than kidney probs. I'm sure your mum will cope!

As for names, if I was you, I'd tell your dad to F off! There's no way my kids are having 'standard' names There's nothing worse than having to share your name everyday. I now work with a Kerrie - it's the first time in my life and I hate it! What does hubby like?

xXx

Hey girlies, Merry Christmas to everyone. (Sorry its a bit late!)
I've not been on here properly for ages and ages because I had the flu for most of December. Really pants!
Its fab to see everyones doing so well. I'm hoping that my ms is starting to die off a little now. I'm actually starting to fancy food again instead of just eating toast because I was hungry and nauseous!

I'm currently sat watching the hubby play on his Xbox360! Boring! At least it means I can come on here freely without being questioned every 5 minutes!

He went completely overboard at the beginning of the week and banned me from doing any housework at all and was being really stroppy with me if I tried to do anything. Even the :laundry: I felt a bit like a prisoner in my own home!. I mean don't get me wrong I'm loving the fact that he's stepped up to the mark and is helping but I couldn't stand doing nothing for the next 6 months! Sitting on my butt is not going to help this baby!

Okay rant over now. It seems really silly now I've typed it out but it seemed really important the other day and he was really stressing me out! I get bored far too easily!

Lump xx

Okay so after yesterdays rant I started spotting this morning! Been to see mw and heard the hb on doppler- phew! Have now officially been told to take it easy! Husband was very good on the phone. He didn't even say "I told you so!" I'm sure that will come later!

Lump xx

Hope everyone had a good Christmas! Glad to hear things turned out ok lumpy and I hope you manage to rest over the next few days.

Had my 16 week aptmnt this morning...although obviously I'm a bit further along than that. Had to see a consultant as things didn't go smoothly with my last labour but happily he says I don't need to have any extra intervention this time. FIngers crossed for a quicker, cleaner labour and birth this time around! Heard baby's hb after a lot of searching on the consultant's part. Everything seems fine and I have a bump that could easily be mistaken for 7 or 8 months along. Bring on the next scan!

Lx

Hurrah for hearing babys hb! My belly has started to pop out a little now which i'm pleased with however nothing fits me anymore :-( !!

Sorry to hear about the spotting Lumpy, hope it clears up fast. Lois, glad the consultant is happy with things!

I'm just eating my way through a pack of laughing cow triangles. :oops:

Hope the spotting settles down Lumpy - make the most of taking it easy! :flower:

Feeling pretty rough today which I think is due to me feeling really tired. Vomited at work this morning - 1st time I've been sick for a couple of weeks. Was quite a lot of heaving involved so got a slight nosebleed. Not happy with the little bugger! :growlmad:

Think I'm getting there with the name thing (but only girl names). Hubby really likes Darcy and he said he'd compromise if we had the other one as a middle name so either Isla Darcy or Darcy Isla. I said that would work as long as it was Isla Darcy! :rofl: It shows weakness so there's something to work on! :thumbup:
Victory shall be mine! :happydance:

Still getting nowhere with boys names mind you.....

Span we're pretty set on our boys nme as there was only one we liked! It' girls names we are going to come to blows over. I've been sick everyday this week, once again Leechling is out to prove the professionals wrong (you'll be fine by 18 weeks they said). Hope it is a one off for you!

We've suddenly found a boys name we both like!! Hubby suddenly said "what about Isaac" and I think it's great! (although I said to him if he chooses the boys name then I get to choose the girls name! :winkwink: )
I also said I should have final say as I'm having to go through feeling crap during pregnancy and then there's the birth to come......
I really have no shame! :kiss:

So sorry you've had a bad week Sooz. I'm lucky it's only occasionally now and thats bad enough (though still getting nausea in between). My pet hate is when people say "oh but it gets better after the 1st 3 months". Soon shuts them up when I say I'm nearly 20 weeks!
Nearly halfway!! :happydance:

We are getting no where with names :dohh: at this rate it will be baby h until it's 18 :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->