• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

Sooz- That's pretty funny! :) Don't worry about it too much.

I'm feeling pretty good, just sooooo tired! I did get :sick: this morning brushing my teeth, but nothing major.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Been feeling abit worse today. Kinda queasy but mostly trapped wind I think. And a bit emotional today. Just generally feeling under the weather.

Going to sleep now. I have my flu jab in the morning so that will be fun(!) When I had the swine flu last year I was properly ill for 2 days after but am normally fine with the regular flu jab. This year's flu jab has some swine flu in so I'm hoping I won't be really ill again.

My tummy is so bloated and my BBs are constantly 'in the way' I also need to buy new bras. Fun eh?!

xXx

Hey all... welcome new ladies!!

How's everyone? Kerry my boobs are also just getting in the way... feeling a fullness in my abdomen...must be uterus working away! feel tired beyond all reason! it's definitely a lot more than when preggers with Lottie!

I am quietly stressing about twins... i know it's unlikely... hubby would love twins... me I kinda freak out... both sets of Grandparents are in South Africa! so no one really close to lend a hand! :(

anyway... no need to worry till 12 week scan I suppose! :)

Well I just about made it through the working week - was the busiest week we can all remember which didn't help. I'm now shattered and think I'm starting to come back down wih the cold I had last week! :wacko:
I suspect my immune system is stuffed after pushing myself so hard. I hope I can make it in to work monday as we're short staffed with lots of bookings but I've already decided that if I feel REALLY rough then they'll just have to cope!

Had a RAGING row with hubby on thursday night when I got home from work. He asked how I was and, when I said 'crap', he said 'well it's not gonna get any easier'. In the state I was in it was like a red rag to a bull! We both apologised after only a few minutes and then he came into work then next day with flowers and chocolates! I think he genuinely hadnt realised how bad I was feeling and he's been much more attentive since! :kiss:

Got my dates through for my midwife appointment (9/11/10) and scan appointment (22/11/10) and received my prescription excemption card.
I've also bitten the bullet and booked a private early scan for oct 19th. I'll be 7w6d.

Found out today that the in-laws have put their house up for sale with the intention of moving closer. They moved to Herefordshire about 4-5 years ago but have been making noises about moving back for the past year. I think the pregnancy has been the catalyst they have been waiting for. Although I find them very intense I have to admit that it'll be good to have both sets of parents living fairly locally. :thumbup:

Entries opened today for a very popular triathlon that I did, along with other members of my tri club, last year. Everyone has been on about it on facebook so I'm a bit sad about missing out on all the fun - silly I know! :dohh:

I've just managed to eat a bowl of pasta after hardly anything else today so I'm gonna have a bath then settle into bed for a combination of X-factor (don't ask me WHY I like it!) and snoozing. :sleep:

Hope you're all doing ok (or as well as can be expected)!

Hi June Mommies, congrats to you all.

Just wanted to say a special hello cause June is my birth month.

span.... how lovely about the attentive hubby :) Mine is gettin there... though i had to explain why an early scan is not superfluous last night... which annoyed the hell out of me. I kinda hoped he'd have jumped at the chance to see the baby an extra time!

We have private medical aid and we wont even have to pay for the scan ourselves... so it was hard to understand why he was so hesitant! *sigh* he mentioned to me last night that if it was like the emergency scan we had at 5+4 with Lottie... there wasn't much to see. So I explained we'd book it for when I'm 8 weeks, that way there will be something more to see (hopefully)!

Anyway.... Sorry you feel like you're missing out on the triathlon... but I promise you once baby arrives, you wont even remember you missed it! :) just think you'll be able to do it again the following year :)

Soooo....XFacter :blush: it's a guilty pleasure of mine too... and what an interesting show! They've certainly gone for 'different' this year!! :D

Hi everyone. Not been on this for a while so haven't posted since I got my BFP really so thought i'd update. I will be 5 weeks tomorrow so really glad I managed to get to the other side of 4 weeks without much hastle so far :happydance:. Not had very many major syptoms so far. Had some mild AF type cramps yesterday, nothing anywhere near as strong as proper AF cramps though they were just a bit annoying. Seem to have subsided today though so that was a relief. Also having a lot of milky type CM for the past week (sorry TMI) keep having to run to the loo to make sure there is no blood but everything is always fine. Been in bed most nights by 9.30 and my boobs are slightly sore but only if there pressed on and are a bit veiny, nipples have a little nip every now and then but thats about it.

Have finally stopped taking pregnancy tests too, I got PREGNANT 1-2 last saturday at 12dpo and got my PREGNANT 2-3 on Wednesday so I was 4 weeks 2 days so I am happy with that so I am refusing to buy anymore as so far I have done 8 normal tests and 4 digitals (all BFP) and the amount of money I am spending is getting abit stupid now :blush:. Had my first midwife appointment on Friday, got given some more folic acid tablets as mine had nearly run out and was given some forms etc to fill in about family history and my previous pregnancy. Was told I would receive a call from them about my next appointment, think they come to my home when I am around 10 weeks for my booking visit and then scan at 12 weeks. I was hoping I might have been given an earlier scan as I had Implanon removed on 20 August and never really had a proper period before I got my BFP just had spotting around 6 September so this is the date I am going by but I am not really sure. Although the CB digitals kind of confirm that the 6 September may be right. But midwife didnt seem to bothered about this so guess I won't be getting an early one. I am kind of considering paying for a private one at babybond in livingston but not really sure if I can afford to fork out £99 in the run up to Xmas and I am sure my OH will think its a waste of money as we get one at 12 weeks for free :growlmad:. Men just don't understand the worry we have, although I must say I am no were near as paraniod this time as I was with my son, I think I just feel now if something was to go wrong then it happened for a reason and was not meant to be and nothing I can do will stop it happening so trying to be more relaxed this time but there is still a bit of me that worrys like nothing else!!! lol. Guess its a mum thing though and it never gets any easier even when there here.

Just thought I would pop in to add that I procured new bras. I am already an ample D cup :wacko:

The flu jab was totally fine. My arm only hurts if I knock it or lie on it. :thumbup:

Morning ladies, getting up for work was a major struggle today :sleep: thought i'd treat myself to a bacon bagel but then ended up throwing the bacon away as I wasn't sure it was safe?

Can anybody advise me whether reheated bacon, from 'the bagel factory' would be ok? Also, am I ok reheating things like home made beef stew etc in the microwave. Obviously I will ensure its piping hot.

I'm getting really confused about whats ok and whats not.

Typing is a real effort today, think I have pregnancy brain :wacko:

I've been told not to eat anything that's reheated, even if I've done it myself in the microwave. :(

Not that I can recall, I guess it's mainly the risk of bacteria having contaminated it between cookings though.

Have finally stopped taking pregnancy tests too, I got PREGNANT 1-2 last saturday at 12dpo and got my PREGNANT 2-3 on Wednesday so I was 4 weeks 2 days so I am happy with that so I am refusing to buy anymore as so far I have done 8 normal tests and 4 digitals (all BFP) and the amount of money I am spending is getting abit stupid now :blush:.

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the update. It's good to read about how everyones getting on. Well done on stepping away from the pee sticks...it's hard to do. I ended up taking 9 tests before I knew it! I hope the symptoms stay mild for you.

Lx

Just thought I would pop in to add that I procured new bras. I am already an ample D cup :wacko:

The flu jab was totally fine. My arm only hurts if I knock it or lie on it. :thumbup:

Glad your flu jab went well Kerry. Was it just a standard jab or was it for swine flu as well?

Lx

Morning ladies, getting up for work was a major struggle today :sleep: thought i'd treat myself to a bacon bagel but then ended up throwing the bacon away as I wasn't sure it was safe?

Can anybody advise me whether reheated bacon, from 'the bagel factory' would be ok? Also, am I ok reheating things like home made beef stew etc in the microwave. Obviously I will ensure its piping hot.

I'm getting really confused about whats ok and whats not.

Typing is a real effort today, think I have pregnancy brain :wacko:

My understanding is that normal rules apply for reheated foods. So long as they are reheated thoroughly and no more than once it should be fine.

Lx

A little update from me...I've booked my private scan for the 28th Oct :happydance: Can't wait! I should be about 7+3 by then so heartbeat ought to be visible. That said, I have a retroverted uterus so the first scan may be a little more awkward!

Symptoms are being very kind to me. Still occassional nausea and abdominal aches but half the time I don't feel remotely pregnant. The bloat feels worse than it is because my clothes still fit like usual.

Don't be shy with the updates ladies! Hope you've all had a good start to the week.

Lx

I had my risk assesment at work today and I had to tell the poor chap to give me two minutes alone with the toilet first. It was pretty standard and the recommendations are as we expected so I'm on light duties with no manual handling and the right to take a break when I need one.

I also now have a bucket under my desk (well actually it's on the desk at the moment...eurgh). I'm in with the midwife tomorrow afternoon and quite nervous about it for some reason. As yet I'm not sure how I am going to survive the walk to the surgery and back.

Congrats on booking your scan Lois...is it with BabyBond?

Oh bless you Sooz, I hope the sickness passes soon! It sounds like your boss is on the ball with looking after your needs - that's great.

The scan is with a company called The Fetal Imaging Centre. They're in Banbury and Leamington Spa. We went to them for an early scan and 4d scan with my daughter and they were great. And the prices are good too - £60 for a dating/viability scan.

Lx

I'm shocked by how well my bosses have taken it. My manageress brought me back a bag of food earlier (biscuits, tea cakes, fruit, cuppasoups and marmite flavoured stuff because she saw the jar I brought to work) to keep in the office and also a baby & pregnancy magazine.

That's a really good price. There is a BB not far from us so I think that is who we are going with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->