***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

Opinions needed - I have an appointment with my mw this week so will obviously run it by her but just wondering how the rest of you would react to this. So I'm nearly 24 weeks pregnant now and a week ago I had put on a total of 16lbs. I felt that was a little too rapid so I've cut back on the chocs and cakes and am eating 3 meals a day and a healthy snack. Weighed myself today and it seems I have lost 2lbs. Given that I am eating regularly and healthily I'm thiking this shouldn't be an issue but I'm not sure about that. Any thoughts? Anyone had any advice on this topic from their doc or mw.
Lx

A bit late in replying, but I lost a couple of pounds in between appointments one time due to eating better. My doctor said it wasn't that drastic of a change to be worried about and that it was fairly common with women. Don't worry too much about weight gain, because like with pregnancies in general, every woman is different.

I had an appointment this afternoon...someone wasn't too happy about the doppler and gave it a few kicks.

We had it too, just as well as MW couldn't get a decent trace on the HB (kept coming through the cord) but the kicks were pretty defiant and all over the place.

My first fundal height measurement yesterday and it was 23cm.

:haha: DH had his head on my tummy the other night and LO kept kicking him, lol! I love it cause it was like he was saying "Hey! It's cramped enough in here without your big head pressing down!"

Anyone else finding they don't grip things as well? I pick something up and immediately it just falls out of my hand :dohh: I was wondering if it was a pregnancy thing, and then I read on a baby-site that it's something to do with pregnancy hormones, and loosening your joints.

I've definitely found that I'm more clumsy i.e. I tend to drop things when I wouldn't normally. :(

Totally, I drop everything, which means I have to do twice as much bending down, plus I was taking some cash off of a customer the other day and my hand, well thumb and forefinger, just froze and cramped up....I looked like I had some kind of claw!!! I sort of let out a squeal much to the customers alarm and had to physically unfurl my fingers with my other hand.

Does that sound like carpal tunnel syndrome to anyone?

Oh, I'm clumsy as well! Sometimes I just lose my balance for no reason. :wacko:

I lose my balance all the time as well. Yesterday morning I was walking through the hallway at work and nearly took a major spill....for no reason whatsoever! I was walking next to the wall so I was able to catch myself. I know my coworker was walking right behind me when it happened but thankfuly he didn't say anything :blush:.

I think the bump is throwing off my balance.

Yeah, it changes your centre of gravity, so you are more wobbly on your feet.

At my 20-week scan, the lady said something about 'we won't change your dates at this scan' .. and I was thinking, why not?? :/ As Baby was measuring a day ahead of my current time, so why didn't she alter it on the notes? Is it a rule or something?

I don't think they are looking for changes in EDD by a day. If it were more like a week they would probably note it. I had no changes at my 20 week scan noted, but the lady doing the scan was a bitch so....yeah :lol:

well Andys in one of them moods he upset me and skye.... i told him that im not aloud the stress yet he seems to get me in the stress anyway... so i told him if he comes home in one of them moods hes got to choose to either come back and if hes still in the mood hes got to leave or me and the kids leave... im not feeling right in myself anyway and he still seems to make me feel so worse

my status on my FB last night was this:
So what if I'm fucking pregnant! I am intitled to have mood swings and I'm sure I'm aloud to worry about my own fuckkng father being rushed to hospital! Oh and it's wrong for me yo post on you wall saying I love you so much? Well fuck you Andy!

I don't think they are looking for changes in EDD by a day. If it were more like a week they would probably note it. I had no changes at my 20 week scan noted, but the lady doing the scan was a bitch so....yeah :lol:

Mm, but she said that they don't change the dates at all from that scan, which just seemed a bit odd ... :/

Hi, everyone. I don't think I've introduced my self on this thread yet. My official due date is July 1 however, I know I will deliver around June 20/21 because of a scheduled c section so I feel like I might have more in common with you June guys then the July Thread.

I found out It's a boy. I have two kids (girl 7, boy5) this will be my last. I feel like i'm starting all over again since my youngest will be almost 6 when I have this one. I'm really excited though.

Well, I look forward to meeting more of you. :)

Congratulations and welcome!

Lx

Anyone else finding they don't grip things as well? I pick something up and immediately it just falls out of my hand :dohh: I was wondering if it was a pregnancy thing, and then I read on a baby-site that it's something to do with pregnancy hormones, and loosening your joints.

Yep, me too. DD's birthday today and I just dropped her entire jelly mix down the sink. D'oh!

Lx

Mm, but she said that they don't change the dates at all from that scan, which just seemed a bit odd ... :/

I think it's because at the 12 week scan average measurements tend to be very accurate to gestation whereas at 20 weeks individual differences in the babies have come more into play...so a baby who is longer than another at 20 weeks may just be naturally taller rather than older.

Lx

Yep, me too. DD's birthday today and I just dropped her entire jelly mix down the sink. D'oh!

Lx

Oops!! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"