• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Oh Emzy I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling. I am sure the blood test will come back and you will be fine. I have heard the docs use the tests similar to one step which are not very sensitive and those tests you've got are definitely positive :hugs:

How is everyone feeling this morning?

I felt so tired last night I had to go and have a nap before dinner and then could hardly eat anything. Is this normal for 4 weeks? I think dh thinks I'm playing on it lol

As everyone seems to be doing tests if I was to do a Clearblue digi and I'm 4 weeks today what should it come up with?

Hi girls

I've just got back from the docs and I'm so worried now :( I told him about my positive HPTs last week and about the cramps I've been having. He did a pregnancy test there and it came up with a very faint line... he said it should be darker by now, so he's ordered a blood test for tomorrow to confirm :( With regards to the cramps, he is ringing the EPU to see if they want to see me and will ring me later today to let me know. They did with my first and I had bloods and scans and everything was fine. So I came out of the docs and felt like crying, like something was wrong as the line was so faint, so I went and bought ANOTHER test, just another Sainsbury's blue dye to see if it was darker than last week. And it is! I don't understand... how can the doctors one be so faint when I got LOADS of darker lines last week, a 2-3 on a digi on Friday and now a darker line on a Sainsbury's test??

First pic- Friday's 14dpo test
Second pic- Today's 18dpo test

Do you think I should be worried? :shrug:

We all know Drs tests arent very sensitive, and the line may hve got darker if he looked at it a little longer, plus you dont know how long your bean took to implant.

I dont think you should be worried (easier said than done). Sounds like your Dr is really looking after you.

xxx

How is everyone feeling this morning?

I felt so tired last night I had to go and have a nap before dinner and then could hardly eat anything. Is this normal for 4 weeks? I think dh thinks I'm playing on it lol

As everyone seems to be doing tests if I was to do a Clearblue digi and I'm 4 weeks today what should it come up with?

Probably a 2-3, possibly a 1-2 depends when implantation was, and yes I think its normal, i skipped dinner last night too.

I did that with Sonny nearly all the way through, i had breakfast and lunch but was feeling full by dinner, after I gave birth I had lost 1/2 a stone on my pre-pregnancy weight! Marvellous! xxx

ooo good question gemgem, i have a cb digi coming tomorrow hopefully (good old ebay express delivery as car failed mot so cant drive to shops this week)
and was wondering what i *should* be on there.

WE HAVE GONE TEST CRAAAAAAAAAAAZY!!! lol
It could differ gemgem77. depends if you know your conception date as thats what it goes on? but it cant be too accurate as i KNOW when i concieved, and it thinks it was earlier!

Emzy, i REALLY dont think you should worry just yet, those doctors tests arent very sensitive. bloods will give you a better idea, but id preassure them to do a quantative test, where they do another 48hrs later to check levels are rising.
Its good that the EPAU will se you, but they cant see anything on US until levels are 2000 or more anyways, (thats what they tiold me when i had Mc)

Welcome Jelly Tots and Impatientmumm and your beans! :happydance:
It seems we are having anxiety day today.... lol x

And I am NOT telling my Mum the she doesnt even know i had a MC in June, because with the March one she told the kids I was pregnant and we then had to explain the baby had gone to live in the stars.

Something we wouldnt of had to tell them if she hadnt spilt the beans!!! She also doenst think I should have anymore kids so were not telling her. Shes a great Mum, she just thinks I have enough children and am too old for anymore.

xxx

She told your children without checking with you? Oh my - I would have been furious! I think it is probably a wise decision to keep it to yourself for now then. You and your OH know what is best for you - you are not too old at all. If it is what you want and it feels right, then it IS right x

I was, I was livid! Especially when we lost the baby and she said I should tell the kids I made a mistake and wasnt really pregnant!

I love my Mum and she does try to do the right thing but she speaks first and thinks later, she even said when we were on holiday I must be glad I lost the baby! I was having another miscarriage as she was saying it!!!! Although she didnt know that was happening to me! She drives me nuts but I lover her!

xx

Hi girls

I've just got back from the docs and I'm so worried now :( I told him about my positive HPTs last week and about the cramps I've been having. He did a pregnancy test there and it came up with a very faint line... he said it should be darker by now, so he's ordered a blood test for tomorrow to confirm :( With regards to the cramps, he is ringing the EPU to see if they want to see me and will ring me later today to let me know. They did with my first and I had bloods and scans and everything was fine. So I came out of the docs and felt like crying, like something was wrong as the line was so faint, so I went and bought ANOTHER test, just another Sainsbury's blue dye to see if it was darker than last week. And it is! I don't understand... how can the doctors one be so faint when I got LOADS of darker lines last week, a 2-3 on a digi on Friday and now a darker line on a Sainsbury's test??

A line is a line is a line. I'm so annoyed at that dr. The strength of the line can vary due to so many different things. Had you drank lots, had the test got less dye in, how long did the dr leave the test etc? My tests are really faint at first and it take a good 5-6 minutes for them to develop into a nice line. He shouldn't worry you like that.

I'm sure the blood test will be fine and if the EPAU want to see you I'm sure you will be reassured like last time. It sounds as if cramping in early pregnancy is just something that you do - everyone is different (I seem to spot really lightly, you cramp).

Your test has got darker, you are pregnant, and that dr should not have worried you like that x

I had my Drs appointment this morning, she was lovely.

She did my blood pressure and weighed me, gave me the number to ring for my midwife appointment and is arranging an early scan for me.

xxx

And I am NOT telling my Mum the she doesnt even know i had a MC in June, because with the March one she told the kids I was pregnant and we then had to explain the baby had gone to live in the stars.

Something we wouldnt of had to tell them if she hadnt spilt the beans!!! She also doenst think I should have anymore kids so were not telling her. Shes a great Mum, she just thinks I have enough children and am too old for anymore.

xxx

She told your children without checking with you? Oh my - I would have been furious! I think it is probably a wise decision to keep it to yourself for now then. You and your OH know what is best for you - you are not too old at all. If it is what you want and it feels right, then it IS right x

I was, I was livid! Especially when we lost the baby and she said I should tell the kids I made a mistake and wasnt really pregnant!

I love my Mum and she does try to do the right thing but she speaks first and thinks later, she even said when we were on holiday I must be glad I lost the baby! I was having another miscarriage as she was saying it!!!! Although she didnt know that was happening to me! She drives me nuts but I lover her!

xx

:grr: It does sound like she means well but.....:grr:

Thank you everyone :hugs:

I'm trying really hard not to worry, but it's hard not to! With my first pregnancy, I had these same cramps and went to EPU at 5.5 weeks. They did an US but could only see the sac, which was measuring correctly. They then did quantative blood tests that day and 48 hours later and they doubled, so they were happy. Then I had to go back at 7.5 weeks for another scan and this time, they could see the baby and heartbeat :cloud9: So I know what to expect if I end up at the EPU... the quantative tests would really put my mind at rest.

I have heard that docs tests are not very sensitive before... I just thought at about 18dpo it would have been darker than it was! Argh I hate early pregnancy!!!

Gemgem you should either get a 1-2 or 2-3 on a digi. I did one on Friday at 14dpo and got a 2-3 (which is another reason I can't understand the bloody doctors faint line!!!)

Hi girls

A line is a line is a line. I'm so annoyed at that dr. The strength of the line can vary due to so many different things. Had you drank lots, had the test got less dye in, how long did the dr leave the test etc? My tests are really faint at first and it take a good 5-6 minutes for them to develop into a nice line. He shouldn't worry you like that.

I'm sure the blood test will be fine and if the EPAU want to see you I'm sure you will be reassured like last time. It sounds as if cramping in early pregnancy is just something that you do - everyone is different (I seem to spot really lightly, you cramp).

Your test has got darker, you are pregnant, and that dr should not have worried you like that x

Thank you :flower: He did say it was positive but really worried me by saying it should be darker by now. But he didn't leave it very long before looking at it. I never had a doctors test with Holly, as they just took my word for it, so I have no idea if that would have been faint too!

Anyone any idea how long it takes for the blood test to come back normally? I'm going tomorrow morning x

xxx

xx

:grr: It does sound like she means well but.....:grr:

Yes I could clobber her almost everyday!!! xx

but the fact i got a 3+ day AF due means you really could get any result! (cant believe i have to wait until the 15th for private scan to see if theres more than one - OH keeps calling me "the pod" haha!) x

Thank you everyone :hugs:

I'm trying really hard not to worry, but it's hard not to! With my first pregnancy, I had these same cramps and went to EPU at 5.5 weeks. They did an US but could only see the sac, which was measuring correctly. They then did quantative blood tests that day and 48 hours later and they doubled, so they were happy. Then I had to go back at 7.5 weeks for another scan and this time, they could see the baby and heartbeat :cloud9: So I know what to expect if I end up at the EPU... the quantative tests would really put my mind at rest.

I have heard that docs tests are not very sensitive before... I just thought at about 18dpo it would have been darker than it was! Argh I hate early pregnancy!!!

Gemgem you should either get a 1-2 or 2-3 on a digi. I did one on Friday at 14dpo and got a 2-3 (which is another reason I can't understand the bloody doctors faint line!!!)

Forget about the Drs test, your progressing and YOU know it!!! xxx :hugs:

Hi girls

Thank you :flower: He did say it was positive but really worried me by saying it should be darker by now. But he didn't leave it very long before looking at it. I never had a doctors test with Holly, as they just took my word for it, so I have no idea if that would have been faint too!

Anyone any idea how long it takes for the blood test to come back normally? I'm going tomorrow morning x

Varies from each surgery, mine comes back afternoon of the follwing day usually, but getting the miserable lazy mares on reception to look the results up when they come in is a 5 hour battle for me! :growlmad: x

Right ladies - a word on digis..... I was scared the other day as I was still showing 1-2 weeks when I thought I should be showing 2-3. I did a LOT of research and it seems that they are not always accurate. And when you think about it, it makes sense. These are the range of hcg we can expect:

week 3 (one week from conception) - 0-5
week 4 - 5-430
week 5 - 180-7400

(and to be honest the levels we can expect differ a lot depending on which website you look at).

But... the point is - look at how much they overlap. Someone could have a hcg level of 250 and be either 4 weeks or 5 weeks. As such, they could get anything from 1-2 to 3+. The digis are set up using averages but not every woman follows the average.

So.... I guess what I am saying is - if you are getting digi results that you do not expect, please, please, please do not worry. The likelihood is that the test is wrong but baby is fine. The main thing is that it comes back 'pregnant'. We should take reassurance from that and not worry about the label the test prescribes.

PS - As with before, please remind me of this post when I pee on my digi and don't get what I expect (!)

My test on a one step test at 18dpo was really faint. I was worried but this mornings was much, much darker. It is okay to be worried but it might help to try and think of the big picture - you are pregnant and everything is going the same as last time. And look what you have to show for last time :hugs:

I would push for the quantative if I were you as that would be reassuring. I'm staying away from scans until at least 7 weeks as I don't want a scan which is ambiguous - but each woman feels differently. Let us know what the EPAU say x

LOL Struth you are funny!
What youve said is very true however, my connection with the digis is that they were the reason i knew something wasnt right last time, so now they are my reassurance if you like....have a look at www.betabase.info the ranges are HUGE, really, the only thing they are useful for, are telling you if your levels are going down, or up. otherthan that, they are a pain in the butt.
I curse the day i ever touched one! xx

Thanks everyone!! It does look like we're all having an anxiety day!!! :wacko:
I conceived on either the 12th or 14th of September

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back