June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Mine was external this time, but with Holly they had to do my 7.5 week internally as they couldn't see anything externally x

Fab vid trAybaby!!

Mei I didn't have an episiotomy but did have a borderline 3rd degree tear and I am so scared of it happening again! I was taken into theatre to be stitched right after she was born :( I had all sorts of problems with the healing then when Holly was 8 months old I had to go and have an operation to have where I was stitched repaired as I had excess scar tissue that was sooo painful! So I DO NOT want to tear again, although I most probably will!

We are going to find out the sex. We loved knowing with Holly and picking a name and clothes and things :)

Hopefully you will be lucky this time and won't :)
I think more for me it was the sensation of being cut that really gets to me, even now. I remember it! If TMI for any girls sorry!

Yes I loved being able to shop for gender specific clothes as well! For me, it made everything seem more prepared. I hate the unexpected!

All these scans make me dead jealous girls! I hope everything goes smoothly for me, I now have to wait for my 12 week scan!

I hope not. I have seen lots of ladies on here who had a bad tear/episiotomy first time and not even a graze 2nd time, so hopefully that will be us! I remember the feeling of tearing when her head came out... sorry tmi girls! Apparently all I said was "ouch" lol ha ha

Someone said about funny stories in labour... I don't have any hilarious ones as such but I have a couple. When I first got into the labour room, after already being in latent labour for 16 hours, I was finally 5cm and allowed the Gas and Air. I sucked on it sooo hard! Problem was, I'd just downed a bottle of tango! I said to my OH that I needed to be sick so he ran off to find something for me to be sick in. Spotting a roll of carrier bags on the wall, he ripped one off and tried to hold it out for me to be sick into. The midwife came back into the room to the sight of me vomiting copious amounts of extremely orange liquid all over what was actually an apron. She was very confused and got me a sick bowl from the table right next to where I was!

Then, when I was well in the throws of labour I was hitting the G&A hard and a lot of it is really fuzzy. My OH had made a CD of songs to listen to whilst I was in labour at the hospital (they encourage it and have ipod docks and everything!) so we had that on in the background. Apparently I started wildly throwing my arms and legs around and OH said "what are you doing?" and I said "Dancing!" before launching into a massive "yyeeoooouuuchhh" with the next contraction!! I don't remember that AT ALL!

Hey Mei - great to see you back.

We will find out gender although with already having one of each, we dont mind what it is. Never wanted for a particular gender but pleased I have had the opportunity to experience both. I have no boys stuff but boxes and boxes of girls stuff - that makes me think it will be a boy!

I have a lot of indigestion this time which I had with DS and not so much with DD so that was making me think blue. But when I had early scans with DD, she measured under date for a little while and then caught up with my EDD just like this time which could indicate pink. I think I am gonna predict boy, DH predicts girl!! Oh I dont know - cant wait to find out!!! We chose both kids names early and then called them that throughout pregnancy so by the time they were born - it was just their name and didnt feel weird!

Haha emzy - they are very funny!!! I especially love the apron thing :D

I had been told I had to have an epidural with DS but when I got to hospital I was already 8cm dilated (I didnt beleive I was in labour)! They rushed to get the epidural in and told me to suck on the gas an air while they did it. I didnt realise they just meant during the contractions so I kept it in my mouth the whole time and was off my face. There was a huge panic and people running all over the place when the anaethatist asked me if I felt okay when it had been positioned and I shouted "I CANT SEE"! They thought they had hit a nerve and made me go blind but as DH pointed out, I just had my eyes shut. I was that stoned him and the midwife had to open then with their hands...I just sat there laughing, dont think the anaethatist found it funny.

I asked the midwife at some point if you could buy gas and air in the shops cos it was 'good stuff'! Also as I pushed DS out, I stopped and told the midwife to go and look out of the window and check if it was raining. When she asked why, I didnt have a reason so just shouted "CAN YOU JUST DO IT PLEASE?"! I was full of apologies after - felt awful for shouting at her lol!

I am sure I have lots more, but that is all I can remember at the minute. :D

Edit: Oh actually - I had to have an episotomy and when they came in to sew me up, I delivered the placenta and the cord blood squirted all over the doctors nice new white shoes. At the time I found it hilarous that they had to sit there the whole time with their feet soaked in blood! Ah the things you remember!!!

Emzy, your stories are funny! I had no funny incidents in my labor, nothing! The G&A just made me feel dizzy, people said I was breathing it like air literally. Midwives kept telling me to take it easy :D

I have a feeling for another boy I don't know why but I just keep saying 'he'. Either that or I am too used to saying it! I had no idea last time, so don't quite believe in intuition at least not in my case!

Oh gosh don't talk about sewing that's another of my nightmares! Apparently I was fussing like crazy over them, midwives said I was more bothered about the stitches than giving birth! :)

Haha emzy you made me laugh! I am worrying about the birth already, I had a 3rd degree tear with grace, and lost so much blood that I lost consciousness, so it was quite a scary time!! I had to have 3 blood transfusions so had to stay in hospital for a while - I think that is what worries me this time, I want to be in and out as quick as possible!!
Feeling really sick today, I'm still wondering if I will get the dreaded ms!!xx

Giggles, when Holly came out, it took an age to get her head out then the rest of her came flying out afterwards on a tidal wave! My hind waters hadn't broken, so they gushed out over the end of the bed and all over the midwives! They jumped out of the way! Holly also had the cord wrapped around her ankle and OH joked that it was a bungee rope in case she didn't like the outside world! lol

Dug out my mothercare sleep bras tonight, sooo good for heavy sore boobies! Highly recommended! They are these, but mine are pink and white:

https://www.mothercare.com/Pack-Mat...&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7

Dug out my mothercare sleep bras tonight, sooo good for heavy sore boobies! Highly recommended! They are these, but mine are pink and white:

https://www.mothercare.com/Pack-Mat...&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7

Giggles, when Holly came out, it took an age to get her head out then the rest of her came flying out afterwards on a tidal wave! My hind waters hadn't broken, so they gushed out over the end of the bed and all over the midwives! They jumped out of the way! Holly also had the cord wrapped around her ankle and OH joked that it was a bungee rope in case she didn't like the outside world! lol

Your birth sounds eventful!
Nathaniel's cord was wrapped around his neck, but no one bothered to tell me.. which was better to be honest, I read it on the paperwork afterwards!
Nathaniel came out with fists... ready to punch the midwives for awakening him! They said he was feisty lol. Nathaniel was asleep throughout my whole labor and only awoke (according to monitors all this is) at the end :dohh:

I have been looking for SOMETHING. i cry every time its bedtime! haha. I already had HUGE bbs but NOW! OH MY GOODNESS! its terrible. my WORSE symptom yet.

they only ship in UK. darn. :(

Hey ladies, I hope everyone is doing well? TrAybaby: awesome video! You must be so happy! :D
So, I spurged $260 on maternity clothes today, eeeeek! I needed new winter clothes so thought 'why not'! In each fitting room they had a strap on 7 month bump so you could see how everything would look in a few months, it was hilarious, and kinda weird! I also got new bras that can actually hold my boobs, yey!
I'm definitely finding out the sex of the baby, we are way too impatient to wait. Urgh, we are moving next week so are starting the packing, it's soooo boring! I feel kinda redundant because I can't lift anything heavy and bending down too much is uncomfortable.
I'm loving all the birth stories, on one hand they make me nervous, especially the tearing, but on the other hand you ladies are all doing it again, so I'm sure I can get through it!!
I'm feeling a little blue today, I think it's all the change going on right now, I know it's all amazing things, but I've never been good with change. It's weird that my life has changed quite a bit already with me giving up performing, which I loved, and now moving apartments. I'm obviously over the moon with everything, it's just all a little weird. And probably hormones!
Anyway, glad everyone's well! Oh, I'm a raspberry tomorrow-yey!!!! :D

Your stories literally made me laugh out loud :haha: -although I imagine some of them were only funny in hindsight :wacko:

Haha emzy - they are very funny!!! I especially love the apron thing :D

I had been told I had to have an epidural with DS but when I got to hospital I was already 8cm dilated (I didnt beleive I was in labour)! They rushed to get the epidural in and told me to suck on the gas an air while they did it. I didnt realise they just meant during the contractions so I kept it in my mouth the whole time and was off my face. There was a huge panic and people running all over the place when the anaethatist asked me if I felt okay when it had been positioned and I shouted "I CANT SEE"! They thought they had hit a nerve and made me go blind but as DH pointed out, I just had my eyes shut. I was that stoned him and the midwife had to open then with their hands...I just sat there laughing, dont think the anaethatist found it funny.

I asked the midwife at some point if you could buy gas and air in the shops cos it was 'good stuff'! Also as I pushed DS out, I stopped and told the midwife to go and look out of the window and check if it was raining. When she asked why, I didnt have a reason so just shouted "CAN YOU JUST DO IT PLEASE?"! I was full of apologies after - felt awful for shouting at her lol!

I am sure I have lots more, but that is all I can remember at the minute. :D

Edit: Oh actually - I had to have an episotomy and when they came in to sew me up, I delivered the placenta and the cord blood squirted all over the doctors nice new white shoes. At the time I found it hilarous that they had to sit there the whole time with their feet soaked in blood! Ah the things you remember!!!

I literally cried with laughter reading this!

I had to go to an engagement party last night of friends of OH that I didn't know, they had a dance on their own to a romantic song and I was nearly in tears! Bloody hormones!
Was annoyed because last night my MIL got pissed and told OHs Brother and gf that I'm pregnant, they've just failed their 6th cycle of IVF, really wanted to make sure they were told in a sensitive way. MIL is very apologetic, says she was so drunk she didn't remember saying it.....grrrrr! X

TryAyBaby - so pleased your scan went well, hope you can relax a little now :) x

Going to block the tearing stories out of my mind I think!

Went out for a meal last night with MIL, FIL and nan and grandpa-in law. I ate two slices of bread and some olives, my pizza arrived and I was too full to eat it! Pregnancy is bizarre, I wouldn't have though t twice about eating three courses a few weeks ago and now I can only manage a starter! What a wasteof perfectly good food!
Xx

Going to block the tearing stories out of my mind I think!

Went out for a meal last night with MIL, FIL and nan and grandpa-in law. I ate two slices of bread and some olives, my pizza arrived and I was too full to eat it! Pregnancy is bizarre, I wouldn't have though t twice about eating three courses a few weeks ago and now I can only manage a starter! What a wasteof perfectly good food!
Xx

I am the complete opposite, I have been eating soooo much!!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"