June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Good afternoon ladies,

Great pics cricket and redrose - how exciting! :thumbup:

Enjoy your Starbucks broodybelle - all the different boroughs do things differently, so hopefully you'll get an appointment for all the other tests etc soon. :hugs:

I was getting terrible headaches last week. I usually found a walk around the block and some water would sort it... but did cave in and have paracetomol a couple of times.

I made the mistake of going into Tescos while I was hungry this morning... was only meant to get milk and tomatoes but before I knew it my trolley was full of snacks :shy: Then I felt really selfish so got tonnes of snacks for DD too :blush:

Now that I'm home I feel :sick: So all the snacks are untouched (although I did manage the Krispy Kreme doughnut).

How funny that there are so many of us who love Oliver! I had considered it last time for DS2 but DH didn't go for it. So far, our kids have names starting with vowels. (We do, too.) I don't think it's a rule that we have to continue following, but it would be fun!

I love Oliver too, that and Henry are on my wish list :blue: ...For girls I like Georgia and Faith :cloud9:

between all my and oh's cousins its hard to find names that arent gone already that we like lol

we both love ruth for a girl and ava

for a boy i like george (oh dont like) ben, mark and èoin

Loving the baby names talk! I like Olivia but Matt's cousin is Olivia so that's out! Our names so far are:

Girl: Eva or Evie, with Grace as a middle name
Boy: Thomas or James, not sure on middle name

Got a pair of maternity trousers yesterday, sooo comfy!

Was there someone on here that was looking for a Silvercross 3d pram? Someone on here is selling one brand new https://www.babyandbump.com/buy-swap-sell/779914-brand-new-unused-silver-cross-3d-pram-sale.html

im
broodybelle - how come she didnt take bloods or anything? i thought they all did at the booking in, or are they planning to do it on the day of the scan?

Not sure tbh. Assuming that they will take them at the scan! Friends who live locally had an hour booking in appointment but she doesn't fall under my district for midwifery, so who knows?

At least I hadn't taken time off work for it as it would have been a waste of time, it's the school hols so it doesn't matter.

Was expecting to be weighed but nothing.

Suppose I should be relieved that she seemed happy enough with my medical history to just let me go.

Had to make an on the spot decision about hospitals without DH there but went for the one that isn't in the town where I work (lots of the parents of pupils at school work there) so there is less chance of being found out before we want to go public with it!

xx

Had my booking in appointment. Was a bit disappointing. Midwife was lovely and just asked about my personal health history, nothing about family history at all. She asked which hospital we wanted to use and that was about it. She gave me lots of info to take away. No bloods, no urine sample. also faber me the form to send off for the card that gives free prescriptions and dental care. She said she would send off the form to the hospital and I should hear about a scan date within the next 10 days. EDD 8th June.
Bit disappointed to be honest. But now sat in starbucks cheering myself up. X

Hey hun - I have just had exactly the same experience.....my midwife was ok, not that friendly, a bit clinical to be honest as if i was just another person she had to "process"! Didn't discuss due dates or anything but she took blood pressure, height, weight and that's it! My BMI is borderline at 25 (I have always been around 22-23) but i'm not that bothered as i can't do much about it other than eat less and move more (which frankly right now i have zero inclination to do either!)

She has filled in the referral forms and told me just to wait for a scan apt at which point they will do all the bloods and the downs test etc.

Very uneventful and nothing to get excited about :-(

Oh re baby names....I like Oliver, Joshua, Frederick (Freddie of course!) Benjamin Isaac and Jacob for boys.... OH REALLY likes Lucas....

Girls....Olivia, Matilda (Tilly), Isla, Amelie or Ava......

OH can't really talk about names yet as think it's just too soon......

PS my booking apt finished at 2.15 and have been sat on my arse at home with my new wood-burner on instead of working.....that's what i call a work-life balance!!!

Aidansmummy......i have been getting horrendous headaches EVERY day without fail....some days are less intense than others but do suffer every day. Drinking water doesn't seem to help annoyingly and it just makes me feel more tired! I have been getting some nice early nights lately which have helped a bit with the headaches but they are still there. I also have a pain behind my left eyeball!!! I can't wear my lenses at the minute coz my left eye is really blurry but i have read somewhere that eyes change shape etc when ur preggers so maybe that's why......i have to rely on my speccy 4-eyes instead! whoop!

Hope you're feeling better soon hun xoxo

Was there someone on here that was looking for a Silvercross 3d pram? Someone on here is selling one brand new https://www.babyandbump.com/buy-swap-sell/779914-brand-new-unused-silver-cross-3d-pram-sale.html

thankyou will have a look

Congrats! please join in with the chatter! and get yourself a fruit ticker, we seem to have gone fruit crazy over here! ha! x

Afternoon ladies! Just had a big catch up! Cricket: your scans are awesome, so clear! Well, I called in sick today as we are moving apartments and I have tons of sick time left, but no vacation. I'm telling work tomorrow anyway, so hopefully they won't be mad?! I'm loving all the vowel names, our boy name is Oscar George but we have quite a few girl names we like: Ava, Evie, Amelie and the non vowel, Brooke. I'm using my middle name, Zepha, for a girl too. I'm feeling quite sick today and a little guilty as I've been told not to lift anything heavy which makes me pretty useless in a moving situation. Luckily we have a friend helping hubby too!

Hey everyone....I'm just home from work. Managed a half day. Just too tired and sick to deal. I have to facilitate an 8 hour training on Sat, so I'm kind of just spreading those extra hours out during the week. Having issues with an employee that really require a lot of oversight...it's so exhausting and time consuming. Truth is, I don't really care right now. Haven't told my boss I'm not coming back full time yet, which I feel a bit guilty about given how understanding she's being, but she hasn't asked either.

Enough about me! Rose - great pic and so glad you heard a heartbeat! Ladies with the headaches...sorry! They are awful. For the booking appt they definitely did some preliminary blood tests and checked urine for glucose and protien. Also height, weight, etc. I hope you get the attention you need! Keep calling if you don't.

Question. I found out at booking the Downs test is optional. I always assumed it was just standard. Are people choosing to do it or not? Why or why not?

I have ticked the box to have the Downs but mainly because i needed to make a decision there and then and I can always change my mind (but can't change the other way so easily!).

I think me and OH need to have that conversation really.....i always kinda thought that we would have the test but I do think you have to know in your mind what you will do IF the risk is high....thing is without the amniothingy (which has miscarriage risk) there's no way of knowing for definite, they just give you a probability. I saw a downs boy the other day (he must have been about 16 years old) and he looked so happy and enjoying life! I thought maybe it's a sign.....the risk gets higher the older you get and I thought at 34 it would be quite a high risj but the midwife told me i'm relatively young still so that's good!

Cricket.....don't think i answers your question....i guess it's a very very personal choice and I know all of us will be making decisions over the coming months that are ging to be so hard but we will all make decisions that we think are the right thing to do.....so no matter what we make the decision and no regrets......

Thanks, abic. We talked about it, and we'll keep the baby regardless. DH feels it would be nice to be prepared, but there's also a 5% false positive rate, which could cause a lot of unnecessary fretting. It's hard to know what's best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->