June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

I would always have the downs test. Not sure about amnio but always the standard test it's best to be aware and informed than shocked at the birth I think x x

We have the Downs test conversation to have tonight. We know that we would keep the baby whatever the outcome, so the only reason that we would have it done is so that we would be prepared, but part of me isn't sure that I want to know. Guess DH will have to be a bit more decisive!

i called in sick today too! lol feel miles better now, slept most of the day!
Im having the Nuchal scan, is that the downs test? x

I'm not sure about the downs test. Didn't last time as we said it wouldn't make any difference to us. However I'm thinking about it this time to feel prepared? My thing is if it came back high risk I wouldn't have the amino anyway so kinda what's the point? I dunno yet.

My belly has really popped out today and my mum and Matt said I look pregnant already. I look about 4 months, its mad! Any other second/third timers already showing? I'm gonna have a real job hiding it at work now!! Roll on 12 week scan!

im pretty scared about it, a friend announced she was pregnant last night and that the baby is downs, it was a lovely announcement, but i suppose i have never really thought about it before, i dont know anything about downs or what it would take to care for a child who had it...ya know? x

I have been feeling awful all day not hardly been able to eat as I feel that sick still no sick tohough just that awful feeling.
We have thought of no names yet last time I had a strong feeling it was a boy and had my one name Oliver so better get thinking this time.

today is the first time in about 2 weeks ive been able to eat so much.. i had loads of tea cereal and toast before scan, huge bowl of homemade soup (i was so tired after making it!) and then shepards pie for dinner now sickness .. i could even eat dessert today i think :D

i wont be getting the downs scan, its not an option here i dont think, i think if you really feel at risk you can ask for one but it would only so you could be prepared theres nothing else that can be done really.

Hey Junebugs :wave:

Loving all the names - wow Ava is popular, that is one of my favourites for a girl too. My first choice is Ivy though.

I am having the down assessment at the scan - but not too sure if I would have fluid drawn if I was high risk. WIll cross that bridge if we come to it.

I'm the same as emzy - we didn't have it last time as we thought it wouldn't make a difference either way, but we will have it this time as it will be nice to be prepared just in case. When I was pregnant last time, there was a girl at work who was pregnant aswell and she had a little boy the month before me and he had downs - she had had the test and it didn't come back with a high chance, so it just proves that these things can not be very accurate.
My belly has really popped today aswell, and feels quite hard! I'm sure it's just bloated but I like to think its baby!!xx

has anyone had odd cravings yet :haha:

i was craving burnt sausages yesterday.. :wacko: and yes they had to be burnt on the out side no idea way and lots of red sauce with it

Just called the nurse to ask a med question and ended up chatting for a bit. Turns out my amount of weight loss (now 6 lbs) is concerning. And she wants a doc to check on the heart rate - I thought it was a bit high, and she felt the same. Glad I called! 9:45 apt tomorrow morning. First really good encounter I've had with a nurse at this place...making me feel a bit better.

Red rose you might find this useful https://www.dailytransformations.com/food-cravings-here-is-what-your-body-really-wants/

Cliqmo, I've actually referred to that site quite a bit in the past...find it helpful! I've recently been told that pregnancy cravings are just cravings and often not even related to nutrition...but who knows!

thanks for that it actually had burnt food on there said im in need of carbon.. my dad actually said that earlier lol

thats a handy link

i've been craving a lot of sour candy and chocolate. i ate a lot of chocolate pre-pregnancy, so that doesn't suprise me, but i've never been much of a candy eater..

evening, missed a few pages maybe since i got home from work.

my best friend who just had her little boy archie had the nuchal scan and bloods for downs, came back with high risk so she was rushed to nottingham for amniocentesis, they decided it was the best thing to do. turns out it was negative and archie is a perfect little boy, very cute indeed and nearly stole him and brought him home when i went to see them lol.
she said it was the worst thing in the world to go through but the bloods etc came back with 90% risk factor so they felt they had to double check so they could prepare. obviously im not sure what she would have done had he been positive for downs but that doesnt matter now. after that she was admitted quite a few times to hospital for very high blood pressure due to stress from after that and had to be induced 2 weeks early as it had skyrocketed.

personally i would want to test as we have discussed this for the preparation more than anything, as for amnio i would have to make that decision at the time.
the only thing that really runs in hubsters family is crohns (his cousin, bro and sis have it), colitis and one of his cousins has a few things wrong-voice box not developed, spine misaligned, he also has crohns and colitis and something else. its hard work for his aunt and uncle but he is a lovely lad and doing quite well for himself with his parents helping him a lot and the local hospice he attends. so really rather than downs we are preparing for our baby developing crohns in later life more than anything.

onto more trivial things hubster has only gone and lost his new phone, it lasted a whole 3.4 weeks. thankfully vodafone are being stars and will ship a new one out tomorrow once we have a crime ref number from the police. played the pregnancy card and laid it on a bit thick with him working away, cheeky but it worked :)

I just need a small rant:

Don't get me wrong, I am trilled to be pregnant and soo very excited BUT

I feel very poorly.
Extremely exhausted
Nausea is with me most of the day, I cannot eat much and I'm constipated! Tmi
I go to bed and I cannot sleep.

Just cannot wait till 12 week, for obvious reasons and I cannot wait to feel normal again!

Hey girls,

I probably won't be having it. I didn't have it last time and it hasn't really occured to me this time either.
I have lost all feelings of being pregnant! It really is freaking me out, I kind of wish something comes back!!

As for names, I am keeping my little list from last time and will decide once we find out the gender :D

Had my booking in appointment. Was a bit disappointing. Midwife was lovely and just asked about my personal health history, nothing about family history at all. She asked which hospital we wanted to use and that was about it. She gave me lots of info to take away. No bloods, no urine sample. also faber me the form to send off for the card that gives free prescriptions and dental care. She said she would send off the form to the hospital and I should hear about a scan date within the next 10 days. EDD 8th June.
Bit disappointed to be honest. But now sat in starbucks cheering myself up. X

Had my booking in appointment. Was a bit disappointing. Midwife was lovely and just asked about my personal health history, nothing about family history at all. She asked which hospital we wanted to use and that was about it. She gave me lots of info to take away. No bloods, no urine sample. also faber me the form to send off for the card that gives free prescriptions and dental care. She said she would send off the form to the hospital and I should hear about a scan date within the next 10 days. EDD 8th June.
Bit disappointed to be honest. But now sat in starbucks cheering myself up. X

Hey hun - I have just had exactly the same experience.....my midwife was ok, not that friendly, a bit clinical to be honest as if i was just another person she had to "process"! Didn't discuss due dates or anything but she took blood pressure, height, weight and that's it! My BMI is borderline at 25 (I have always been around 22-23) but i'm not that bothered as i can't do much about it other than eat less and move more (which frankly right now i have zero inclination to do either!)

She has filled in the referral forms and told me just to wait for a scan apt at which point they will do all the bloods and the downs test etc.

Very uneventful and nothing to get excited about :-(

My booking in was very uneventfull too. Lasted about half an hour, she weighted me, checked my BMI, gave me an EDD (7th June) and filled out a ton of paperwork and asked about family history. She gave me a folder filled with information, leaflets and a really good book. She also discussed the flu jab too, talked about what vitamins i should be taking and for how long and outlined all my appointments, bloodwork and scans that would happen during my pregnancy. She was actually just a stand in midwife as the regular one at my practice was on holiday. So i have to go back on 16th Novemeber to meet her and at that apointment she will check my urine and do all the bloodwork, i didnt realise they tested my blood for so much stuff. She also said that the hospital will send me out an appointment for my 12 week scan that will happen anywhere between 12 - 14 weeks. I hope its closer to the 12 weeks rather than 14 weeks. That was about it really. Dont really know what else i was expecting but at least i have my folder now with my notes, makes me feel a bit more like a real pregnant lady :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->