• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Welcome USAmom - congrats!!

Lilyfire - tell us all about how your parents took the news! Exciting!!!

AFM - I work as a lecturer at a university. It is a busy time of year - what with all the students returning. Sooo much to do :-(

Well told my mum (my dad passed away 11 years ago) and she was ECSTATIC!!! We told her about our new apartment first as I was too overwhelmed to tell her straight away! It was amazing giving her the news! Also, I asked her when the fear of something bad happening goes away and she told me to stay happy, think positive thoughts, listen to music and relax. This is a woman who had 4 miscarriages and a stillbirth before I and my 2 siblings were born, so I'm guessing she knows a thing or two- I'm going to listen to the advice.
So it's Positive Mental Attitude for me here on out! (tho I totally reserve the right to stress to you ladies, should the need arise :winkwink:)

PS- as I lie here in bed (at 9:11pm... rock and roll) DH is next to me and about 1/3 through one of the pregnancy books I bought. He keeps asking me things like "are you sure you're taking enough folic acid?" (yes!) and "oooh, I found an exercise you can do to strengthen your abdominal muscles" and "OH MY GOD, that's how big our mini is" (mini=our word for baby...not sure how that started actually!) He's adorable! :-D

Lilyfire - that is so cute! My DH is doing the same - yes, it's OK to run. Yes, I'm taking vitamins. Yes, I know I should go to bed now. I got him a daddy book to tell him this time (The Baby Owner's Manual - he's an engineering/computer science sort, and this is written for just that sort of person -it's on Amazon if you're interested), and he's been reading it each night before bed. It's more geared towards third tri and after - he just informed me that as of the third trimester we can't have the car with less than half a tank of gas or an empty pantry - must be prepared! We call it 'babby' (pronounced like tabby) due to some viral video he saw a long time ago about "how to make babby". I'm loving that he's excited too!

Sorry to be posting so much tonight, but I have to ask...does anyone else feel like they have sore muscles in their abdomen? Like you did a hardcore ab workout? I'm hoping this is just stretching!

Sorry to be posting so much tonight, but I have to ask...does anyone else feel like they have sore muscles in their abdomen? Like you did a hardcore ab workout?

Yes! I feel like it's hard to use the muscles too, eg: to sit up from lying down. I can do it, but I found myself doing the old-man-getting-out-of-a-chair style grunt at the same time. Nice.

Anyone else gassy? (warning, really classy story coming...) I had intense pains in my abdomen a couple of days ago and freaked out, later on I found out it was gas. By now I've actually (don't ask for details...it just happened) learned to recognise gas twinges from normal twinges. Kinda gross but informative and de-stressing!

Also, I sleep on my tummy and can't now as my bbs are so sore.

And I like how this is such an active thread, so post away! Your DH seems sweet, I'm glad he's excited too!

I'd love to join... got my BFP this evening!!! Due date according to online calculators, LMP and ovulation date is June 8, 2012!

I'm a stomach sleeper too! Having a hard time adjusting since it's just not comfortable (already?!). Unfortunately, I am somewhat of an expert at the gas feelings...I used to work internationally and have had many parasites. Which caused a lot of unpleasantness. I'll leave it at that. Glad you figured that out, and hope you're getting some relief! I'm super gassy too, and have had some awkward moments at work where one snuck out much louder than I anticipated. I imagine these awkward moments just increase quickly as pregnancies go on!

Wow I don't log on for 1 evening and I have loads to catch up on!!!
Emzy I am so pleased to hear that everything seems okay, I can't believe what that woman put you through :hugs:
Hi to all the new ladies :hi: this is a lovely thread where you can say what you want!
Cricket my stomach feels the same! It's a weird sensation but I just keep thinking it's the baby getting comfy :haha:
I was due af yesterday and was really pleased to get the day over with. It's strange even though you know your pregnant your so used to having a period every month you don't believe it won't not come. Or is it just me?!!!
How is everyone feeling today? :flower:

I would love to join also. I got my BFP this morning and confirmed with a beta. My due date is June 7th.

Welcome and contests to all the new joiners to our lovely group!

Well that wasn't a good nights sleep at all, went to bed at ten, fell asleep straight away but then woke up at half 4 wide awake and took til nearly 6 to drift off again. I somehow managed to end up on my tummy so think that could be why. Boobs really hurting this morning and not looking forward to being stuck in an exam for 3 hours this morning. Still get twinges which is kinda reassuring as I know it still in there. Had to do another strip just to make sure and is a lot darker than yesterday's :) hope my digi comes today I just need to see it in words now.

Hope you are all doing fabulously. Loads to catch up on later nutcant do now as awkward on my

On my iPhone and has just had a hissy fit lol.
Laters guys! x. (damn autocorrect!)

Hey Ladies - hoping I can join you. Congrats on all of the BFPs!!!

I am 29 and this will be bubs #3 - I have DS who is 4 and DD who is 2. This BFP came after a miscarriage in August. I came off implanon on 22 June and fell pregnant straight away which ended in a loss - then this pregnancy came straight after that so I am pretty nervous. I will be due around 3rd June:thumbup:!

I had some spotting last week for four days and had hcg levels monitored which increased well but due to the mc I should hopefully be having an early u/s to put my mind at rest in a couple of weeks.

FX'd for everyone for healthy and happy pregnancy! xxx

Wow ladies - you have been busy whilst I slept! I am trying to catch up! First - welcome to all the new ladies. This IS a lovely thread - I'm looking forward to spending the next 8/9 months with you all x

So, I have to share. I was driving to visit a client feeling a bit tense about my crampy belly (probably just stretching, but still...) and wishing I could just know everything would be alright when I looked ahead and saw an amazingly clear and bright rainbow. Then I looked at the car in front of me, and the license plate said BTHNKFL. Ok, ok! I will :)

That is a lovely thing - hopefully a great sign to you x

Struth - I meant to ask, what do you lecture about?

I lecture in psychology - mainly to postgraduates :)

Welcome USAmom - congrats!!

Lilyfire - tell us all about how your parents took the news! Exciting!!!

AFM - I work as a lecturer at a university. It is a busy time of year - what with all the students returning. Sooo much to do :-(

Well told my mum (my dad passed away 11 years ago) and she was ECSTATIC!!! We told her about our new apartment first as I was too overwhelmed to tell her straight away! It was amazing giving her the news! Also, I asked her when the fear of something bad happening goes away and she told me to stay happy, think positive thoughts, listen to music and relax. This is a woman who had 4 miscarriages and a stillbirth before I and my 2 siblings were born, so I'm guessing she knows a thing or two- I'm going to listen to the advice.
So it's Positive Mental Attitude for me here on out! (tho I totally reserve the right to stress to you ladies, should the need arise :winkwink:)

Ahhhh - love it. Glad that she was soooo pleased for you. And what great advice. The music/relax thing - I really believe in. I find classical music really relaxing at night and I just got my pregnancy CD yesterday which is lovely. Really recommend it!

Wow I don't log on for 1 evening and I have loads to catch up on!!!
Emzy I am so pleased to hear that everything seems okay, I can't believe what that woman put you through :hugs:
Hi to all the new ladies :hi: this is a lovely thread where you can say what you want!
Cricket my stomach feels the same! It's a weird sensation but I just keep thinking it's the baby getting comfy :haha:
I was due af yesterday and was really pleased to get the day over with. It's strange even though you know your pregnant your so used to having a period every month you don't believe it won't not come. Or is it just me?!!!
How is everyone feeling today? :flower:

Glad to hear that you got your AF due date out of the way!!

Hey Ladies - hoping I can join you. Congrats on all of the BFPs!!!

I am 29 and this will be bubs #3 - I have DS who is 4 and DD who is 2. This BFP came after a miscarriage in August. I came off implanon on 22 June and fell pregnant straight away which ended in a loss - then this pregnancy came straight after that so I am pretty nervous. I will be due around 3rd June:thumbup:!

I had some spotting last week for four days and had hcg levels monitored which increased well but due to the mc I should hopefully be having an early u/s to put my mind at rest in a couple of weeks.

FX'd for everyone for healthy and happy pregnancy! xxx

Hey gigglesems - quite a few of us on here have had mc and a few of us had them in August so we understand completely what you are going through. I had a mmc with medical management on the 12th August and got my bfp on the 12th Sept so I'm off to the drs this morning for bloods so they can date it. I'm then having an early scan too - you should push for it (if you want it, that is).

Right ladies - I'm off the the drs.... Catch up later x

PS Emzy - how are you today x

Hi All!

I had a strange night, got into bed and OH would NOT come near me! he said i was BOILING! lol my BBs especially were burning hot!
Got shoved to the otherside of the bed! -Then, i had the "miscarriage" dream, dreamt that my betas were going down, woke up prodding my BBs to chexk they still hurt! haha! Welcome Newbies, and Emzy, how you doing today hun? xx

Emzy: I am so please, when I read at first I thought surely its too early to tell? Thank goodness, but yes you are in for a long two weeks, I am sure it will be ok :hugs:

Laura: Sooo many tests! You nutter!!

Me!: I used to work in Canary Wharf as a Trading Systems analyst, I dont work anymore, we couldnt afford the childcare for all our kids!

xxxx

Talking of dreams, how many dreams are we all having! Its amazing how many dreams I have had and they are all so vivid!

Last night I dreamt my daughter had her hair all back combed with loads of glitter in it and was wearing loads of make up and tight dresses and snogging boys. Shes only 6! I was going nuts in my dream! Then woke up to find her already awake in her bed reading her school book with a big smile for me and a massive cuddle. xxxx

Urgh - I hate the mc dreams. They are the sort when you wake up and they are so vivid in your mind. I have been dreaming a lot but I can't remember what they are!! :haha: Don't you hate that when you wake, remember a dream and then forget it instantly!

Well - I am 5 weeks today ladies... :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->