June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Good luck redrose!!!! i have everything crossed for you!

....still can't decide whether to get the flu jab...

MIL says i should get it but my mum says i should think about what is best for me and baby!!

What's the right answer??

PS still don't know if it's safe to highlight hair but i have gone about 3 months now without any bleach and my roots are awful (and quite grey unfortunately!!!)

Hey Abs,
I red in What to Expect that highlights are safe cause the product does not touch the scalp like a full colour does. I was getting a colour and highlights before and I went last week, explained to the hairdresser i was pregnant and we went for 2 tones of highlights. She also said it was safe (and she is pregnant herself)

lol, i am quite bored at work too even though i have tonnes to do, just spent 45mins replying to a friend on the forces forum i go on oops!

and now im wasting time by going through what i wrote on my job aplication to try and think what to say in the interview.

yeah highlights are fine, they always say do a skin test first though with your hormones changing etc but as they dont really touch your head im sure you will be fine. esp if you normally have it done.

ooo good luck redrose, looks like the job front is looking up for us both :D

ah cool, my roots are horrendous as well! my hairdresser said that hormones can mean it wont always take the way it usually does, it can go funny colours or something!?! im also very confused over the flu jab, two pregnant friends of mine have had it, and then spent a couple of days feeling like they have the flu... x

you do get a dose of the flu when you have the jab, as that what in essence it actually is, a small dose of it so your antibodies get used to fighting it.
i still need to book mine, but keep forgetting to call up.

why did i now see this thread before? ha!
Im due june 1, 2012! woohoooo! :)

welcome jocie! dont be shy, jump in at any point, everyones lovely! whens your scan? have you had one already? x

I'm getting the flu jab on 21st Nov. My Mum always feels fluey when she's had the jab but I've had it before and I didn't feel anything. It's not a live virus they inject into you, so it's not supposed to give you flu symptoms, but it seems to in quite a few people. I did my research on it's safety and stuff and I have decided that getting the flu in pregnancy is far more dangerous than any potential problems the jab 'might' cause, so I've decided to go for it. I've had the proper flu twice in my life and I don't want it ever again!!

Welcome Jocie and congrats!!

What beautiful children you have btw!

This thread moves incredibly fast....I logged off at 4pm yesterday and back on at 8.30pm and there was 3 full pages!!

Can I join? My EDD is 30/06/2012

I need this time to go a little faster *paces*

Hey Fliss....welcome and of course you can join!!!

I thought it went really slowly then got to 9 weeks and between 9-11 it seemed to fly but because i have only 1 week left before telling people it seems to have slowed riiiggggghhhhhtttt dddoooooooowwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

WELCOME!

So tell us a bit about you....

i just had some pick and mix and now i feel :sick: oh why did i have to have some! :dohh:

Welcome Jocie and congrats!!

What beautiful children you have btw!

This thread moves incredibly fast....I logged off at 4pm yesterday and back on at 8.30pm and there was 3 full pages!!

aww thanks! :D
im excited for a fast moving thread!

we have all given up on keeping up! half the time we are just throwing in random comments! cant wait til june tho, will be amazing seeing all our photos etc!
I feel like ive come to a stop waiting for 12 week scan, the weekend after this one is going to be excruciating as my appointment is at 8.45 on the Monday morning! ARGH! tried so hard to make it the friday, but the woman wouldnt do it, ill be 12+1 on the 21st when i have mine! even more excited to find out gender! i want to get buying!!!! x

It's so difficult keeping up with this thread. You all talk too much :haha:

Just found out I have a job interview tomorrow at 4.30pm. I've been job hunting for months with no luck, so fingers crossed it goes well!

Ugh. Today and tomorrow I have to work full days, and I'm coming off two other full days of work. I know many of you have to do this everyday...I have no clue how! I'm so wiped out. The thought of going to work is making me want to cry right now. I just want to curl up and not move. Sorry for the downer post - I'm just at a loss for how to deal with myself! And then Sat I have a bachelorette party I HAVE to go to since I'm due a week after the wedding and it's out of state so there's no way to go :( just looked at the menu for the dinner place and nothing I can really eat on there. Ugh! Ok. Rant over. I guess I'll go buck up and shower and get on to work.

It's so difficult keeping up with this thread. You all talk too much :haha:

Just found out I have a job interview tomorrow at 4.30pm. I've been job hunting for months with no luck, so fingers crossed it goes well!

good luck this is so funny i got a job interview 2mor too :haha:
i think pregnancy must bring good luck to job finding lol :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back