June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Hello, I am sat waiting for my scan, I'm really early so have a 30min wait, I am shaking, I'm petrified something is wrong, feeling guilty that I booked it and have come when I know my hubby couldn't come. I'm shaking, desperate for the loo as you need a full bladder!
I might feel a lot better after this scan, feeling abit distant from my pregnancy, like its not real, I'm just so worried the baby won't have grown.

Emma x

I was the same on Monday so I know that nothing we can say will properly calm you down, but honestly, in like a hour or so you'll be grinning from ear to ear, the pregnancy will feel so much more real and you'll be singing in the car on the way home! :D

Enjoy your scan Emma!

Eek a week tomorrow for my 12 week scan!! Sooo excited and nervous as well.

Good luck all those with job interviews! I remember having job interviews between 14 and 20 weeks last time and trying to hide my bloat/bump. Fortunately I wasn't showing all that much then so it wasn't a problem!

I'm sick all the time lol But it is worse first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I am sick at 10.30pm every night without fail lol I've actually been less sick this last couple of days, so I am hoping I am coming to the end of it!! Fingers crossed, touch wood and all that! I even managed to have a walk to the park with Holly this afternoon and let her have a run around and wear herself out. Nice to get some fresh air!

I am exhausted too. I dread to think how I'd feel if I was at work at the moment and I'm dreading going back, as I work evenings and I'm shattered!!

Gemini I am excited to find out the gender too! I think I am going to wait til my 20 week scan and see if they can tell me (they couldn't at my last one!) and then book a private scan if they can't. I had a 17 week gender scan last time and she couldn't say for sure, so I ended up having another at 22 weeks after they couldn't tell me at the 20 week scan! Then I had a 4d scan at 28 weeks...then the nhs growth scans at 32 and 36 weeks lol I had a lot of scans.

Ooh I'm actually starting to feel hungry!! I must be getting better! I won't count on it though as I know it can come back with a vengeance.

Oh and it looks like I have another uti... last week the GP testing my urine and said it was showing a slight infection but he didn't want to give me antibiotics as I was being so sick. So he's been monitoring it and today it showed a +1 protein in my urine, so I've got to take another sample in tomorrow and they're going to send it off for culture.

wow this thread moves so fast, i can barely keep up!!

thanks for the responses on the pain. i had it all night and now i still have it this morning. i thought round ligament pain was sudden sharp pains, but this is a constant dull ache that gets more painful sometimes. i'd say its right above the pubic bone and today the pain is more in the center/right area of my abdomen. i also had some funky "spotting" yesterday, just yellow discharge. i've been very stressed at home and i'm worried this is affecting the baby :(

is anyone else starting to get super emotional? mine started this week.. holy cow! i'm pissed, then i'm crying, then i'm happy.. what the heck! the other new thing is being exhausted all the time, but then having insomnia at night. i wake up around 3 and cant fall back asleep for at least an hour.. so frustrating..

i will be a lime saturday, although according to my scan my baby is already that size and is nearly a plum!

Welcome to all the Newbies.
Good Luck to all the Ladies with Job Interviews.
Emma- Everything will be fine and as someone said in an hour you wont be able to stop smiling.

Oh and I had a major baby brain incident this morning. I got out of the shower and put on my body lotion BEFORE I dried myself!! Duh!!!

Oh and I had a major baby brain incident this morning. I got out of the shower and put on my body lotion BEFORE I dried myself!! Duh!!!

LOL. I have had a few of those sorts of moments. DH finds them hilarious. Less funny when they happen at work though- at least they mostly happen in front of a class of children and they find it funny or are completely oblivious!

Emma I hope that the scan goes well, can't wait to hear back from you.

Is anyone else turning into a slob at home? Just no energy to do anything and the house looks like a bombsite! I was really house proud before first trimester fatigue took away my ability to function as a normal human being.

Think DH has been very understanding so far but my apathy probably starting to annoy him now! He works much longer hours than me, so to come home to me moaning that I feel nauseous, a house that is a pigsty and no cooked meal must be taking its toll.

Please tell me that in the second trimester I shall return to my former glory!?? No more nest-like hair, spotty face and inability to get off my arse. Also the energy to stay awake past 9pm would be good, as I barely see my husband!!!

im not on the first page yet ladies............haha ;)

Hi, im also a June bug! Due June 2nd! So excited. Really anxious to get my scan and know that everything is ok.....don't think ill settle until then! Though only getting my bloods done at Gp's tomorrow and im 10weeks 6 days. My scan probably wont be for another few weeks. Is it just me or is that a bit long? Sorry if I seem crazy! I miscarried with my last pregnancy and am desperate for this one to be ok! xx

H newbies! I'm an Emma B as well lol :)

broody yes me, I'm the same. I sit on here instead of doing housework, I just have no motivation at all!! Don't worry, you'll hit the nesty stage and want to constantly clean at some point. I think I hit it somewhere around 20 weeks last time. I used to clean the house 4 times a day and hoover all the time lol

Wow. So, started getting some gas pains tonight, then had a complete poonami. Over an hour of hot flashes, accompanied by vomiting and loose stools. So uncomfortable, although clearly stored up for a long time given how little I've eaten! I think I feel better now, but totally wiped out!

OMG, cricket, I'm sorry you were feeling sick last night, but I had to laugh at the term "poonami". I have felt that way for the past week! Actually, I'm starting to get a little worried because I think I'm losing too much fluid. I try to keep up, drinking water and juice and whatever I think might help, but I'm definitely starting to feel weak and dehydrated. The nanny mixed me some corn starch and water to drink and said that it helps with diarrhea. We'll see how that works out. Plus, I have eaten a banana and some applesauce in the hopes that something will cause my tummy to settle down!

Sooo scared.

Emma, sorry you're feeling stressed about the scan. I hope everything goes really well and you have some great pics to share with us soon!

Is anyone else having hip pains? I haven't had this before, and it seems it would be too early for this kind of thing.

I have been feeling like my leg is getting out of joint right at the top. I will have to stop what I'm doing and pop it back into place because it really hurts. I remember stuff like this happening with my last pregnancies, so I'm not too worried but it is annoying!

omg ladies i just got a phone call about a job i applied for just yesterday she asked was 15 hours ok i said perfect ( as im preg but didnt tell her that yet) this job is to cover a maternity leave for 6 months this job would be perfect.. i hope so much i get it!! please send me some luck ladies!! :D

RedRose, amazing how things work out sometimes! I hope you get the job and it is a great place to work!

....still can't decide whether to get the flu jab...

MIL says i should get it but my mum says i should think about what is best for me and baby!!

What's the right answer??

PS still don't know if it's safe to highlight hair but i have gone about 3 months now without any bleach and my roots are awful (and quite grey unfortunately!!!)

Abic, I just had my flu shot about a week ago. My arm was sore for a couple of days, but no other symptoms besides that. I specifically asked the FS if they recommended it, since I am treating this pregnancy differently than my others. I figured if there was a risk of miscarriage or something like that, I'd rather talk to my FS about it instead of relying on the family doctor.

I have had highlights done throughout all my pregnancies, and I would say that it's safer than a full color. I have had the conversation with my OB/GYN and my hairdresser and there is nothing wrong with doing it, as long as you feel comfortable. I guess I'm saying, no judgement either way!

why did i now see this thread before? ha!
Im due june 1, 2012! woohoooo! :)

Welcome, jocie! Congratulations!

I'm getting the flu jab on 21st Nov. My Mum always feels fluey when she's had the jab but I've had it before and I didn't feel anything. It's not a live virus they inject into you, so it's not supposed to give you flu symptoms, but it seems to in quite a few people. I did my research on it's safety and stuff and I have decided that getting the flu in pregnancy is far more dangerous than any potential problems the jab 'might' cause, so I've decided to go for it. I've had the proper flu twice in my life and I don't want it ever again!!

I agree, getting sick when pregnant sucks! When I was pregnant with DS2, I got a cold, and it lasted for 5 weeks. I'd hate to see what damage would be done by the flu!

Can I join? My EDD is 30/06/2012

I need this time to go a little faster *paces*

Congratulations, Fliss! Glad you found us! If you need something to help the time go by, this thread will definitely help. You'll spend so much time trying to keep up, you'll be in the 3rd tri. before you realize it! :haha:

is anyone else starting to get super emotional? mine started this week.. holy cow! i'm pissed, then i'm crying, then i'm happy.. what the heck!

Touch, I have learned that I'm a grumpy pregnant lady. I know DH notices a difference, for sure! I was talking to Grandma on the phone last night and she said that Grandpa used to say the same about her. She said, "I'll be better after the baby is born." He would tell people he thought she was always pregnant. My grandparents were so cute together! :rofl:

Is anyone else turning into a slob at home? Just no energy to do anything and the house looks like a bombsite!

Um, yes, my house is definitely a mess. I have a nanny who takes care of the boys and she also does laundry and dishes and grocery shopping once a week. I am sitting here, rolled up in bed, stomach pains and chills. I appreciate everything she does for us, and it really leaves a lot less for DH and I to do. But we still end up fighting about who's going to put the leftovers in the fridge. :haha:

OK, I think I'm all caught up, but I have to go and have a little poonami of my own.

Jocie and other newbies, send a PM to Gemini and she will pop you on the front page :)

Little bird you really freak me out when you do that quoting thing!!! How the hell do you do that??!!

Enjoy your scan Emma!

Eek a week tomorrow for my 12 week scan!! Sooo excited and nervous as well.

Good luck all those with job interviews! I remember having job interviews between 14 and 20 weeks last time and trying to hide my bloat/bump. Fortunately I wasn't showing all that much then so it wasn't a problem!

I'm sick all the time lol But it is worse first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I am sick at 10.30pm every night without fail lol I've actually been less sick this last couple of days, so I am hoping I am coming to the end of it!! Fingers crossed, touch wood and all that! I even managed to have a walk to the park with Holly this afternoon and let her have a run around and wear herself out. Nice to get some fresh air!

I am exhausted too. I dread to think how I'd feel if I was at work at the moment and I'm dreading going back, as I work evenings and I'm shattered!!

Gemini I am excited to find out the gender too! I think I am going to wait til my 20 week scan and see if they can tell me (they couldn't at my last one!) and then book a private scan if they can't. I had a 17 week gender scan last time and she couldn't say for sure, so I ended up having another at 22 weeks after they couldn't tell me at the 20 week scan! Then I had a 4d scan at 28 weeks...then the nhs growth scans at 32 and 36 weeks lol I had a lot of scans.

Ooh I'm actually starting to feel hungry!! I must be getting better! I won't count on it though as I know it can come back with a vengeance.

Oh and it looks like I have another uti... last week the GP testing my urine and said it was showing a slight infection but he didn't want to give me antibiotics as I was being so sick. So he's been monitoring it and today it showed a +1 protein in my urine, so I've got to take another sample in tomorrow and they're going to send it off for culture.

Been on antibiotics since Monday and my UTI is no better, TMI but it looks like there's flesh coming out of my pee hole?!
Bloody hurts!!!
My friend has just had her private scan at 16 weeks, and they saw it ok....luckily they will keep doing it until they see! Just hope they get it right! X

Bollocks

I just wrote loads of stuff then lost the page!

I'm a newbie. I'm pregnant with my first, due June 10th. I had some issues with anxiety and depression before getting pregnant, but I've swear that it has skyrocketed, especially the anxiety. I'm always worried about the baby. I'm feeling quite lonely, as my mom (an OBGYN nurse practitioner) lives 17 hours away from me. (I move to Toronto from Nebraska to be with my husband four years ago. We've now been married for two and a half years). We're also house-hunting (first time buyers) so everything is so chaotic and new and stressful.

Little bird you really freak me out when you do that quoting thing!!! How the hell do you do that??!!

Hehe! There's a "+" at the bottom of every post. Add the ones you want to reply to, then click the "Post Reply" button at the bottom of the page when you're ready to respond.

BTW, the cornstarch and water didn't work. :( Tummy still messed up.

Ok cut it short

Good luck Emma x

Hairdye is safe: ladies sort your roots out! It was unsafe years ago but has changed a lot since then.

The flu jab is safe: get it done. I had mine 5 weeks ago, no side affects apart from a sore arm. I was on GMTV a couple of years ago arguing the H1N1 jab had not been tested enough to deem it safe. Things have moved on and I do now feel it's safe and much safer than getting serious flu in pregnancy.

Oh yes and this thread has moved 7 pages in 3 hours!!!!!!!!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->