June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Great news Redrose! gemgem my 20 week scan is the 1st Feb, feels like forever away!!

I am feeling little flutters every so often, but I'm not feeling alot yet to be honest.
Emzy - we thought we didn't need to get alot but added it up and comes to about £900!!! Hubby hasn't got any work on this week, so I get really panicky that we won't have the money, but it always works out. As for maternity leave I think I will take all my annual leave before I go off, so will be around 31 weeks - not sure if I am going back after or not yet and if I do then I will take the full year. I was signed off from about 24 weeks last time so will prob struggle with staying till the last minute!

Im starting mine at 37 weeks i think. I only work weekends so its not to bad unless my consultant tells me to start it earlier. I want to leave it as late as possible as i probably won't get weekend pay on mat leave so is a big drop in money tbh.
I have just ordered some fabric and will get it tomorrow. Hoping to make a changing bag from it. will post pics if any good x

Hi girlies :D I had my 19 week gender scan today and we are expecting a litre baby GIRL :D I'm soooo excited! :D
Hope you are all well xx

Gemini- I dont really know what to say about your cervix maybe give your midwife or someone a call and explain. Sorry I am not much help :hugs:
TryaBaby- Sorry your feeling rubbish. Get lots of rest when you have a day off on Thursday. :hugs:
RedRose- My 20 week scan is 25th January too. What time is yours? Are you finding out what you are having? :happydance:
GemGem- Your scan will soon come round. I hate waiting for them I am very imaptient. :haha:
Babyd- I was only feeling flutters for the past couple of weeks and not everyday, but have recently started to feel more definate movements especially on a morning. :happydance:
Emzy- I need to sit down and work out what we need, need to wait until my 20 week scan though and hopefully find out what we are having as will need alot less if its a boy as we have lots of Ollies stuff still. I have a feeling its a boy again too. I will be happy aslong all is well and healthy.
miss_nat84- Congratulations on team :pink:. We have alot of girlies in here where are all the boys :haha:
I have woke up with a rubbish cold this morning, have to get sorted for my 16 week midwife appt which I am looking forward to feels like its been forever since I last went.

I'm hoping to keep going at work until 37 weeks which is really 36 weeks if I go by my dates rather than the hospital EDD. I will then take maternity leave until Easter 2013 and return to teaching after the hols but only part time (school permitting) or not at all (if they won't). I can take up to 65 weeks but won't be taking it all!

Our 20 week scan is 23rd January (could have been earlier but needed to fit around hubby's work). It'll be lovely to see baby again but we are strictly team yellow, so just hoping that everything will be okay with the scan rather than getting excited to know what we are having.

I think I am starting to feel movements- mainly in the middle of the night it must be said and occasionally at other times too.

Gemini- ring the midwife and get checked out.

We have been all over the country for Christmas and only got back last night. I now have a stinking cold and all my school work to do before the dreaded start of term tomorrow.

Lots of team pink on this thread, I'm convinced we're having a boy but there is no reason for that.

xx

Massive congrats miss_nat84 a lovely little girl!!

Everyone seems to be coming down with colds, touch wood I haven't yet, you watch now I will lol

Hope everyone starts to feel better soon. I am planning on starting mat leave at 36 weeks which will be around May 4th, only 17weeks to go!! Am on countdown now lol xxx

Hey everyone!

Broodybelle - sorry you have a crappy cold...hope you can kick it soon!
Gemini....sorry i wouldn't even know where my cervix was nevermind if it's open or closed but the experts will know so defo call for some reassurance....
MissNat - congrats on your baby girl! So exciting!

I also think i am having a boy but that is based on absolutely nothing at all! Not even a gut feeling but i think it's coz i'm secretly hoping for a boy.....i'm not a very girly girl so slightly concerned i won't know how to play dress up and nails etc!!!!!

Only 7 sleeps til my 20 week scan on 11th Jan next Weds! Soooooo can't wait to find out if we're team pink or blue.....i think i'm so excited about finding out that i forget the real reason for the scan...hopefully everything will be healthy and normal and whatever the sex i'll be chuffed to bits!

I'm planning on working up until my waters break! I don't wanna use any mat leave until baby is here and luckily i have a job where i can work from home so if i need to do that for a month i will do to save the days off! Of course it could all change and i may be just too tired to function but thankfully my boss is really in my corner so fingers crossed he will let me stay as long as possible!

Getting a new company car tomorrow which i'm really excited about!

Oh and i have no idea how much stuff i need to buy.....i did make a list but haven't really put any prices against anything yet! Also decided that the lounge is gonna be a mainly baby-free zone so when I have baby friends round we'll use the dining table.....only problem is there is tons of stuff in the dining room so i need to have a sort out but will probably result in me buying a new cupboard or side-board type thing and a sofa too as the dining chairs maybe a little uncomfy!

DH has been given until the end of January to sort the study out which will become the nursery but we have a computer and desk to get rid of which are really nice items so need to make sure we get what we need/want for them!

Just found out this morning that my mat pay from work is better than what i thought so bonus!

Hope everyone is ok today and feeling great (and not at all tired and hormonal!!)

AFM i can't stop eating coco pops! THey are making me have squirty poo (sorry TMI!!)

Gemini I'm not sure love, give the midwife a ring and ask her x

I'm not going back to work after maternity leave, hence why I'm starting so early! Babyd I think I will take my annual leave first too, although I will only have 2 weeks worth to take as my contract finishes whilst I'm off (only runs til Setpember) so I will finish at 30 weeks then my mat leave will start at 32 weeks. I really struggled with SPD last time and if it gets as bad this time, then I can also see me being signed off before hand. It was unbearable last time, but I didn't get signed off when the GP wanted to as I was only a temp worker and needed the money as I didn't get sick pay.

PS still no flutters or movement from this baby yet :-(

Emzy - yeah i think it's a quinny buzz 3 that my work colleague has! She has told me she's happy for it to go to a good home so doesn't want any money for it!!! Bonus! I just need to make sure i can get the "lay flat" bit so that baby isn't sat squished upright all the time (if you know what i mean)....I'm pretty sure that i will be able to get one tho as can't imagine quinny would make a pram that didn't have a lay-flat option!

Oh also been offered a Bugaboo Chameleon from DH cousin for £300 but he hasn't said what that includes.....me thinking the free option!!!

June is looking very pink so far! Congrats on all the girlies. Actually I think I'm having a girl as well, but I'm staying team :yellow: so we won't find out till June :haha:

I have my detailed scan tomorrow morning, and I'm so nervous. It's specifically to check for signs of abnormalities, like what happened last time. However, baby looked fine at 12 weeks, and the other baby's issues were not genetic or chromosonal so it's unlikely to happen again. I can't help but worry though :nope:

Gemini- I dont really know what to say about your cervix maybe give your midwife or someone a call and explain. Sorry I am not much help :hugs:
TryaBaby- Sorry your feeling rubbish. Get lots of rest when you have a day off on Thursday. :hugs:
RedRose- My 20 week scan is 25th January too. What time is yours? Are you finding out what you are having? :happydance:
GemGem- Your scan will soon come round. I hate waiting for them I am very imaptient. :haha:
Babyd- I was only feeling flutters for the past couple of weeks and not everyday, but have recently started to feel more definate movements especially on a morning. :happydance:
Emzy- I need to sit down and work out what we need, need to wait until my 20 week scan though and hopefully find out what we are having as will need alot less if its a boy as we have lots of Ollies stuff still. I have a feeling its a boy again too. I will be happy aslong all is well and healthy.
miss_nat84- Congratulations on team :pink:. We have alot of girlies in here where are all the boys :haha:
I have woke up with a rubbish cold this morning, have to get sorted for my 16 week midwife appt which I am looking forward to feels like its been forever since I last went.

mine is at 9.30 :thumbup: oooh how exciting!!! no were staying on team yellow, and they dont really tell you here, but i might try see if i can see the parts my self :haha:
not long now :happydance:

Ooo mine is 8:40am so ours are quite close. We have decided to find out werent going to but I am wanting to know now :haha

We are definatly team yellow, I really don't know or mind either way, its dead exciting isn't it, now we are all getting close to half way through our pregnancies! X

Ooo mine is 8:40am so ours are quite close. We have decided to find out werent going to but I am wanting to know now :haha

im the same im team yellow but its so hard not to find out.. i wanna know so much but i prob wont find out

I've already put in for my mat leave. It starts on 4th may when I'm 36 weeks but have taken some annual leave before hand so my last day of work is 19th April when I'll be about 34 weeks. I'm on the countdown now less than 16 weeks of work left woooooohooooo

11 weeks left for me! Soo excited, can't wait not to have to work these stupid late shifts anymore and miss out on Holly's tea/bath/bed time every night. Can not wait!

Abi that's fab! You can use the maxicosi carseat on the quinny if you get the adaptors and that's suitable from birth. Or you can get a carrycot attachment for it:

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_98380_10001

Speaking of carrycots, If anyoen is interested I have both an iCandy Apple carrycot and iCandy Cherry carrycot for sale! The cherry one is off Holly's pram and I have ended up with 2 Apple carrycots!

the buggy we have got lies flat but you and put it up then for when they are older, im told without the car seat the buggy is suitable for newborns.. im not sure what would be better then? have them in a car seat when new born or lying in the buggy while its flat.. id be worried the buggy without the car seat would not be cosy enough or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->