June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Gemini any news on the cervix? Did you go get it checked?

I had a good experience with an epidural. It worked fine with no problems and I had no after effects, other than a big whopping bruise on my back.

Gas and air is stuff you breath in, it doesn't knock you out or anything. It just makes you feel a bit woozy temporarily and take the edge off the pain. Are you in America, Bats? I don't think it's offered there.

Hiimlouise, im in Australia, we have gas but havent heard of air, my youngest daughter is 7 nxt month things may have changed, i'll have to ask.

But im so relieved to hear you had a good experience with epi, cause i really hope it works good for me.

Well made DH watch OBEM and it totally freaked him out, the look of shock on his face was brilliant! Esp since I'd made him miss the 2nd half of the football to watch it :haha: Think I'll need to make him watch a few more in preparation!

Excited to have someone due on the same date babyd :happydance: I'll no doubt be asking you for lots of advice!

I've been thinking about whether to have an epi or not, and I think I'd rather avoid it if I can. Good to hear from all you brave ladies who have done it before without one.

Had my midwife appt this morning and got to hear baby's hb for the first time :cloud9: Did find out that I'm Rhd negative though so need to and anti d injection at 31wks - has anyone else had this?

Got private scan booked for Sat, can't wait to see baby again and hopefully find out whether it's a boy or a girl. I have been convinced it's a boy since I found out I was pregnant so excited to see if i am right, although I don't actually mind either way!

So still no news with gemini & her cervix, really hope she's ok.

By the way just want to say thank you ladies, i feel like im part of the team now :happydance:

Well made DH watch OBEM and it totally freaked him out, the look of shock on his face was brilliant! Esp since I'd made him miss the 2nd half of the football to watch it :haha: Think I'll need to make him watch a few more in preparation!

Excited to have someone due on the same date babyd :happydance: I'll no doubt be asking you for lots of advice!

I've been thinking about whether to have an epi or not, and I think I'd rather avoid it if I can. Good to hear from all you brave ladies who have done it before without one.

Had my midwife appt this morning and got to hear baby's hb for the first time :cloud9: Did find out that I'm Rhd negative though so need to and anti d injection at 31wks - has anyone else had this?

Got private scan booked for Sat, can't wait to see baby again and hopefully find out whether it's a boy or a girl. I have been convinced it's a boy since I found out I was pregnant so excited to see if i am right, although I don't actually mind either way!

they told me im rhd neg too.. yet they said they wont give me the injection untill i give birth and they check babies blood.. should i be concerned.. should i have it sooner? they told me if baby has the same blood as me they dont need to give me the shot :shrug:

Snowflake what does rhd negative mean?

it means you dont any anitgens (proteins) and if your positive you do have the protein so if your baby has + and your - sometimes your body will think its a virus and cause harm to baby.. but i was told unless you have spotting you dont need the shot but im worried now i should have it anyway just incase...

Haha Emzy we're mad, but it is exciting!! Red rose I am not rhd negative but my best friend is and she had to have regular anti d injections throughout the pregnancy?x

im not sure what to think.. they said as long as im not spotting it should be ok.. but im worried now..
maybe i should just say i was the injection just incase?

im not sure what to think.. they said as long as im not spotting it should be ok.. but im worried now..
maybe i should just say i was the injection just incase?

I wouldn't worry about it hun, it may be different in different areas? Mention it to your midwife and see what she says x

they told me im rhd neg too.. yet they said they wont give me the injection untill i give birth and they check babies blood.. should i be concerned.. should i have it sooner? they told me if baby has the same blood as me they dont need to give me the shot :shrug:

The midwife said that in a first pregnancy it is very rare for it to cause any problems until delivery, something about it only happening if the placenta starts to come away causing baby's blood to get into your blood or something else like that, but in England they now recommend that you have an anti-d injection between 28 - 34 wks just in case. She said it's more likely to be a problem at delivery when there will almost certainly be blood exchange so that's why they check baby's blood type and give you another anti d injection then if baby is +.

Just been reading about it on dr google and it seems to be the main risk blood exchange when delivering baby no.1 not being treated with the anti-d injection which can cause problems in future pregnancies.

It's probably different policies in different places, so try not to worry. I'd say speak to your midwife about it again at your next appointment and see what she says.

thanks ladies, thing is ive had 3 mc's so i would of thought they would of given it to me just incase? :shrug: maybe they assume since ive had no problems so far that either the past pregnancies were same blood as me so was ok or this baby has the same blood ..

my oh is o + so there is a good chance baby could be +

ouchies i think my little girl is having a growth spurt, been feeling uncomfortable stretchy pains for the last 2 days. Cant wait to take my 19 week picture tomorrow to compare.

Gemini hope all is ok xx

Babyd- Ollie was back to back too I was 10minutes away from the doctor coming back and giving me a cesarean the midwives didnt want me to have one so asked for half an hour and luckily I started to push. I cant wait to do it all again either the feeling of holding your baby at the end is the best feeling ever.
Hope all is okay with Gemini.
Redrose- I would maybe speak to your midwife again to put your mind at ease.

thanks ladies, thing is ive had 3 mc's so i would of thought they would of given it to me just incase? :shrug: maybe they assume since ive had no problems so far that either the past pregnancies were same blood as me so was ok or this baby has the same blood ..

my oh is o + so there is a good chance baby could be +

Sorry for your losses hon :hugs: Must make it even harder not to worry. From what I have been reading they check the blood taken at your first mw appt to make sure you are not making any of the antibodies. If the babies you lost were + and blood was exchanged at any point in those pregnancies then you would still be producing antibodies so it would have been picked up in the blood test.

Sorry, didn't mean to make anyone worry you by posting about it. Maybe give your mw a call and discuss it? It might be that if it is something really concerning you then they will give you the injection.

thanks, no dont worry i make my self worry lol, its better to know about this then not to :hugs:

yeah i might say it to the midwife i have my 4 month check up (a week late) 2mor :)

Hi Ladies,

I am afraid I have been "reading and running" recently as I have only been logging in on my phone and haven't stopped to reply :blush:

I am now logged in at work (they all know I am pregnant and I am on my lunch break so I figured it can't hurt :happydance: )

Here are a few replies I should have sent over the last few days...

Cricket my sister started using cloth nappies & just watching how much more washing she had to do really seemed a bit too much extra work, she lasted 1month & that was enough for her.

This is an interesting one for me, as I am allergic to various washing powders (practically anything other than non-bio, and some of them are dodgy too) so getting the nappies really clean would be an issue for me... anyone had any experience? ... Do they take a lot of washing? :sick:

Does any of the uk ladies watch one born every minute?

OH MY GOODNESS that 10lb 10oz baby!! :eek: I was sat watching with my legs crossed! :haha:

Hello, just wondering if I could join you lovely ladies?

Hiya Snowflake, welcome to the fastest moving thread on the forum :run:

By the way just want to say thank you ladies, i feel like im part of the team now :happydance:

Really pleased to hear it Bats, I don't think anyone deliberately excludes or ignores anyone- it just gets a bit hectic in here!

I am also RH Neg Redrose and have been advised I will need the jab before birth, perhaps it is just different policy here though? :shrug: Definitely one to ask your Midwife!! :thumbup:

Hope everyone else is doing really well, and that Gemini is okay? - she seems to have gone AWOL which is unlike her...

Hey guys, sorry to make you worry!
Went to A&E last night, (labour ward wont see me until 20 weeks) they examined my cervix and said it still looked long, very frustratingly the gynae doc spoke poor English, so when I said "I am very aware of what my cervix has always felt like and I've certainly never got a finger inside it before" I just got a completely unrelated response!
They did a scan on a portable machine, I asked him to check cervical length on there, and was told that the machine didn't have the capability. So didn't really get any answers, just swabbed my cervix for infection, which there was no need for....

Got my 20 week scan on13th, gonna rest up as much as possible between now and then, and ask them to check it. Feel slightly crampy and have done for a few days, just hope it's growing pains!!!

On the plus side, it's fruit day! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->