June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Glad you're ok Gemini. I guess your cervix must change throughout pregnancy. I can't even reach mine to feel and can't get myself into a position to reach better with this spd!
Lol

Feeling a bit sorry for myself today, my friend convinced me to go with her to soft play today and said she would take care of holly and take her on the slide etc so I didn't have to move around too much. But I still ended up feeling really sore and felt sad that I couldn't play with holly much :( I really wanted to make a big fuss of her before new baby arrives too but I cant even get on the floor and play or run around already. And I've still got 20 weeks to go :( feel like such a crappy mum today.

hope all is ok gemini, feet up as much as possible :hugs:

Glad all is ok Gemini :happydance:
Emzy :hugs: it's hard to explain to a little one why you can't do things, maybe do some creative stuff at home with her where you can sit down? I am terrified of being as bad as I was last time, and walking home from work today was really painful :( I have my 16 week appointment tomorrow, looking forward to hearing babys heartbeat x

Sorry emzy that it gettin bad, please don't feel like a bad mom. Everyone has days that they are not up for everything they want to do. Im sure Holly knows that her mommy loves her very much!

Didn't have time to catch up on post as im taking DH to doc today, Hope everyone is doing ok and growing :happy: Just popped on to say that i have my ultrasound on the 1st at noon, Anyone else on the same day?

Sorry emzy that it gettin bad, please don't feel like a bad mom. Everyone has days that they are not up for everything they want to do. Im sure Holly knows that her mommy loves her very much!

Didn't have time to catch up on post as im taking DH to doc today, Hope everyone is doing ok and growing :happy: Just popped on to say that i have my ultrasound on the 1st at noon, Anyone else on the same day?

I have my scan on the 1st at 9am :happydance:

ladies i have a question i posted it in preg club but not has much reply

ok so my friend gave me this doppler and it is about 5 years old and she hadnt used it before giving it me, anyway i tried it at 14 ish weeks and i couldnt find i freaked about abit but tried to relax thinking it was just too early.. anyway monday i had a scan due to pains all was fine baby was moving about and they even found the heartbeat right away on there doppler within secs, so i thought id try my doppler again since im nearly 17 weeks .. i couldnt find anything but i know baby is ok as i can feel them moving

my question is why isnt it working for me and i goggled the doppler and apprently it can detect from 12 weeks yet nothing

ok so my friend gave me this doppler and it is about 5 years old and she hadnt used it before giving it me, anyway i tried it at 14 ish weeks and i couldnt find i freaked about abit but tried to relax thinking it was just too early.. anyway monday i had a scan due to pains all was fine baby was moving about and they even found the heartbeat right away on there doppler within secs, so i thought id try my doppler again since im nearly 17 weeks .. i couldnt find anything but i know baby is ok as i can feel them moving

my question is why isnt it working for me and i goggled the doppler and apprently it can detect from 12 weeks yet nothing

I'm not sure hun, can you hear everything else through it? (stupid question maybe!) and are you moving it all around lower down your belly? I'm not really sure otherwise, I don't have one so don't really know how they work x

yeah i tested it on my own heart and i can barely hear my own.. im hoping its just cuz its old yet i know baby is ok as i can feel them moving around and we only saw and heard there hb on monday... :shrug:

Because some dopplers are proper shite! My one is! Try pressing down firmly with the probe and go under your belly button.

Don't worry just don't use it if it doesn't work.

They also work better if you use gel, are you using any with it?

xxx

I have my scan on the 1st at 9am :happydance:

Oooh my next scan is on 1st Feb too (I'll be 19 weeks). :thumbup:

Because some dopplers are proper shite! My one is! Try pressing down firmly with the probe and go under your belly button.

xxx

yeah been using the gel.. still nothing.. i think i can hear the baby moving if that makes sense but just dont seem to get the hb

Emzy- I know how you feel over the xmas time after my fall down the satirs I wasnt able to play with Ollie at all as I am only comfortable sat on my side on the sofa I still cant get on the floor to play with him now. Its hard cos we cant explain to them why we cant play with them. I try and get him on the sofa and read him stories so I feel like I am doing something with him. Luckily Ollie is quite independent and likes to play by himself. Big :hugs:

RedRose- About the doppler sometimes I struggle to find the heartbeat now I leave it a few hours and then check again, sometimes baba is hidden away :haha: I usually find heartbeat just below my belly button and to the right. But dont worry too much if you are feeling movements baba is fine as you say it could be that the doppler is old.

Gemini- Rest up as much as you can. Try not to worry I know this is sometimes hard. I wouldnt even know how to check for my cervix and what it felt like. :hugs:

Lilybon- :hi: Hope your doing well.

my question is why isnt it working for me and i goggled the doppler and apprently it can detect from 12 weeks yet nothing[/QUOTE

xxx

yeah been using the gel.. still nothing.. i think i can hear the baby moving if that makes sense but just dont seem to get the hb

Yea completely understand. Like I say mine is shite. I havent used it for 2 weeks now, luckily baby has started kicking in the last week or so so I hae my reassurance now. So will you soon honey.

You just had a scan hun, try not to worry and just forget the doppler. If you never had it you wouldnt be worring!

xxx

thanks ladies... feeling much better... i might invest in a newer one.. but then maybe thats not a good idea lol

Hey Redrose, I have the angel sound that you can get on eBay and I found the heartbeat at just under 10weeks (the day I received it). It's cheap but works very well.
If you feel kicking I would not bother though.
I only use mine about every ten days or sometime if I get really stressed out about something, listening the the HB for a minute really relaxes me.
I don't feel kicking though!

Hi everyone!

Emzy-your not a crappy mummy, just suffering and can't explain it to holly! Like the others say, let her play but then do something at your seat level so you can get comfy & she can join u...even if it's just cuddles & stories (soz no idea what u do with toddlers yet!!)

Red rose-I didn't buy one coz I knew id start panicking -the midwives are experts so they find the hb really fast. I had a dr look for the hb & it took ages coz she wasn't used to doing it! Also it's an old one which has prob sat in a cupboard for yonks!

Gemini-doesn't sound like u got the answers u wanted but at the same time they didn't seem concerned otherwise they would have done loads more tests?? Likd u say rest up & see what they say at ur next apt :)

Snowflake..can't believe u didn't let ur OH watch the natch last night...thd toon army were on fire! (yes I'm also a Geordie!)

Traybaby-soooo jealous of ur movements dude!

AFM I'm really starting to worry now that I'm almost 20 weeks & still haven't felt a thing??? I have my scan on weds (11th) but I am spending all day worrying about why I haven't felt anything??????? I sit at work (or wherever) & close my eyes & focus on my tummy incase I've just been too busy to notice but still nothing :-(. When I can't get to sleep I lie awake just focusing on tummy & nothing :-(
I know it can take up to like 22 weeks but I'm just now worried I'm gonna get to my scan & something bad has happened...it makes me feel suck to think about it :-(

On a positive note, my mood swings have really calmed down I think!! Emzy-you said I'd feel better at 20 weeks & I do!!

Finally....how embarrassed am I about OBEM???? I swear the people on that show are NOT representative of the general Leeds population! CCRRRRRINGE!!

Snowflake what does rhd negative mean?

it means you dont any anitgens (proteins) and if your positive you do have the protein so if your baby has + and your - sometimes your body will think its a virus and cause harm to baby.. but i was told unless you have spotting you dont need the shot but im worried now i should have it anyway just incase...

Oh i see, thanks for that & i hope it all goes well for you & you dont get spotting.

Hey guys, sorry to make you worry!
Went to A&E last night, (labour ward wont see me until 20 weeks) they examined my cervix and said it still looked long, very frustratingly the gynae doc spoke poor English, so when I said "I am very aware of what my cervix has always felt like and I've certainly never got a finger inside it before" I just got a completely unrelated response!
They did a scan on a portable machine, I asked him to check cervical length on there, and was told that the machine didn't have the capability. So didn't really get any answers, just swabbed my cervix for infection, which there was no need for....

Got my 20 week scan on13th, gonna rest up as much as possible between now and then, and ask them to check it. Feel slightly crampy and have done for a few days, just hope it's growing pains!!!

On the plus side, it's fruit day! Xx
Glad your ok gemini, but i know how you feel with some of those frustrating doctors that are out there. Listen to your intuition & get plenty of rest.

Thanks cliqmo & about the cloth nappies, not me personally, but seeing my sister, yes it took a long time especially the soaking! But each to their own i guess, some women like them some dont!

Hey Redrose, I have the angel sound that you can get on eBay and I found the heartbeat at just under 10weeks (the day I received it). It's cheap but works very well.
If you feel kicking I would not bother though.
I only use mine about every ten days or sometime if I get really stressed out about something, listening the the HB for a minute really relaxes me.
I don't feel kicking though!

how are you :hugs: thanks i think i should just put it away and not used it.. i got my midwife appt today.. im hoping she will use her doppler on me.. do they normally at a 4 month check up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->