June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

PS OMG I have just realised I am a Cantaloupe Melon!!!!!!!!!!! I can't imagine pushing a melon out and we're only half way there!

PPS OMG I am actually 20 weeks and half way there officially today!!!

whoooooooop!

We're just back from our private scan and.....it's a boy!!! Was as clear as anything, could tell straight away once we got a shot of 'down there' as he was lying with his little legs spread eagle and very obvious boy bits on display. All looking healthy as well, so happy!

Congratulations hun!! that's awesome news!

I am secretly hoping a boy simply because i am probably the least girlie girl of all the girls I know and think i'd prob have more in common with a boy!!!!! Hopefully will find out on Weds!!!! Can't wait!

Wow Abic - only 4 days to go!!! :happydance:

Shit crickets that sounds painful!!!! :cry: I haven't been in DAYS, not looking forward to that toilet trip! :haha: x

Mei that's really interesting about your gums and teeth as I am having the same problem. Have had a filling fall out in the last couple of months, put back and now feels like it's coming out again and the gum is red and swollen, is this all down to pregnancy? Never had problems like this before!
Thank god it's the weekend! What's everyone's plans?

Hey hun...there's definitely a connection between pregnancy and gums/teeth problems etc! I went to the Dentist last week for a normal check up and told them i was pregnant so i could get it free of course and the first thing he said was "ah so have you been having gum problems, lots of bleeding?" so definitely related!

Wow Abic - only 4 days to go!!! :happydance:

Shit crickets that sounds painful!!!! :cry: I haven't been in DAYS, not looking forward to that toilet trip! :haha: x

eat some prunes and drink LOADS of water so its a bit softer when it comes out!

Happy 20 weeks abi!! Halfway there!! I'll be joining you tomorrow :)

Snowflake congratulations!! :blue:

Babyd exciting about your pram! I just sold the Apple carrycot, just the cherry one to go now :)

BTW...POO is my favourite subject!

I had loads of poo problems some years ago and went to the Drs to talk about it. Anyway it was REALLY embarrassing coz i had done lots of research and was thinking i needed to keep a record of what my poo was like so i could explain to the Dr the issues i was having.

Anyway when he asked "how can i help" i explained that i my poo had been like number 6 on the bristol stool scale..the Dr was "number what? huh?" and i was like "like number 6 on the bristol stool scale" at which point he was like "im sorry i have no idea what you're talking about" so i proceeded to take out my leaflet showing the bristol stool scale from my bag to show him and I have never seen a man in such shock! I am still embarrassed about that to this day!!

THIS IS THE BRISTOL STOOL SCALE:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Stool_Scale

Check out your POOOOOOOO!!!

Hey girls

Welcome new ladies to our lovely thread :)

Don't be worrying about weight gain girls, if there is ever a time in your life that you shouldn't worry about weight and expanding waistlines, it's now! I gained 1 stone 10 lbs with Holly and lost that really easily. It was the rest that I couldn't lose! lol! Honestly, don't worry. I weighed myself the week before I had Holly and I had gained 4 stone. I nearly fell through the floor! But after the birth when it was actually only 1stone 10lbs that's not that bad and as I say that came off easily. A lot of it is water weight, as you retain a lot of water when pregnant and that comes off really easily afterwards.

If anyone is interested I am selling a blue fleece iCandy Apple footmuff and a John Lewis Faux Fur Universal footmuff.

I have been looking for baby bargains. Just missed out on a swing on the for sale boards on here but it's helped me decide which one to get! It's this one:

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-starlite-swing-once-upon-a-time/470516000/type-i/

https://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/ma/mamas-and-papas-star-lite-swing.jpg

But it's £100 new so hoping for a second hand bargain. Also got my eyes open for a swinging crib! Always wanted one with Holly but never got one.

Also was looking on Kiddicare and thought this was a bargain in the sale:

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_851_10751_-1_14646_118504_10001_

Hey - these look good and only a tenner! I went and bought my steriliser last week which i am excited about!!! Got this one but for £43 not £60!!

https://www.johnlewis.com/231206197/Product.aspx?source=63258

Was in john lewis with me mam today and she has picked a pram, cot and baby monitor that she's gonna keep at her house (she's 2 hours away) to save us taking stuff up! whooop!

Bought a couple of cushions and rattley things (no idea what stuff is called!)

I have been VERY VERY lucky as a lady at my work is basically giving me her quinny buzz 3 with carry cot, buggy and footmuff and a maxi-cosi car seat all for free! She's also throwing in a moses baskey & stand and a baby carrier and fisher price swing! She literally is just happy to see it go to a good home bless her!

Anyone who's friends with me on facebook will see that she's tagged me in some pictures of prams etc ....well that's the stuff she's giving me!

Collecting the mamas and papas nursery furniture this weekend too from a different work colleague! I am a very lucky lady!

OOOOh i have to go now think we're off to watch a filim!

Soooooo can't wait for baby sex day!

You are all so organised. I haven't bought anything or even decided what I want yet :wacko:

Yay we just won a beautiful swinging crib on ebay! It has drapes and a bumper and quilt set and everything :) :happydance:

OMG how fast does this move, going to have a catch up on all posts!
Its my birthday tomorrow and were going shopping for baby things.

After thinking I was going to make my nursery things I have bought this

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/produ...ch-_-Elfie+and+Mop+-+Nursery+Pack-_-773121800

and other things from the range and I am going to make coordinating bunting to go in thew room with it. It was more cosr effective then buying fabric and my parents bought rhe nursery pack for my birthday! :happydance::happydance:

Congrats to all who are 20 weeks, I am 20 wks on Thursday and have my scan on Thursday too! cannot believe its 7 weeks since my last scan! another 7 weeks and we will all start hitting the 3rd trimester!! :cloud9:

Take Care,
Emma xx

Thanks for all the congrats ladies, really loving being able to think about our little baby as a he now!

Not long now Abi until your scan, hope you find out you're joining team blue too!! And congrats on being a cantaloupe......halfway there already! Do you have any gut feeling about whether your baby is pink or blue? I was convinced from the day I got my bfp that it was a boy, although weirdly before that I'd always thought I'd have girls!

Lilbynon - hope you also have a little boy growing in there! Totally understand where you are coming from, if we are lucky enough to have a second one I know now I will secretly be hoping for a girl so we have one of each. Otherwise it will make the decision about whether to have a third or not more difficult! But at 23 you've got plenty of time to have as many as you like, I'm already 30 and only on my first!

BTW...POO is my favourite subject!

I had loads of poo problems some years ago and went to the Drs to talk about it. Anyway it was REALLY embarrassing coz i had done lots of research and was thinking i needed to keep a record of what my poo was like so i could explain to the Dr the issues i was having.

Anyway when he asked "how can i help" i explained that i my poo had been like number 6 on the bristol stool scale..the Dr was "number what? huh?" and i was like "like number 6 on the bristol stool scale" at which point he was like "im sorry i have no idea what you're talking about" so i proceeded to take out my leaflet showing the bristol stool scale from my bag to show him and I have never seen a man in such shock! I am still embarrassed about that to this day!!

THIS IS THE BRISTOL STOOL SCALE:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Stool_Scale

Check out your POOOOOOOO!!!

You are beyond nuts Abi! I love it! Haha! X

Happy birthday Emma !! Have a wonderful day, can't wait to hear what you get! Xxx

Happy Birthday Emma!!! :happydance:

Yay - I weigh 2lb less today, I'm never weighing after breakfast again! :haha: x

You're giving me nightmates about poo-ing DT and Abic, although I'm sure when the time comes I couldn't care less.

Just noticed you're in Cleveland too FirstBean, whereabouts are you? I'm over in Eaglescliffe.

Went buggy road testing yesterday, I'm not sure if we were only shown the ones that cost as much as a used car, or I just have expensive tastes and they were the only ones I liked! As much as I hate the name, I think we're going to go with the iCandy Peach as it pushed really well, was easy to fold up and fairly lightweight, and all the online reviews are fantastic. It was between that and the Babystyle Oyster but reading the reviews there seems to be a lot of incidences of strucutral failure while in use, and then dire customer service when they tried to get it fixed which puts me right off. I really want the Maxi-Cosi Pebble car seat, but I think I might go to Mothercare see if any of their systems fit the Pebble and how they handle before I fork out such a huge ammount of money.

I'm exactly the same Hari I'm glad you posted that as I'm feeling a right wuss today. I must have walked too far yesterday as my back and hips are in bits today. I slept really badly and hubby says I'm walking like John Wayne today.

I'm on Aspirin Pink, I think it's just to thin the blood but tbh I wasn't listening too much!

Back to the hospital for the consultant tomorrow, blood pressure is holding steady at around 130/98 on 1.5g methyldopa, really hoping they throw another tablet into the mix rather than keep upping my dose as I already feel like a zombie on it.

Another late night pregnant person here. Finding it really hard to sleep, last night was after 3am before I could get to sleep, then I was awake again about 7 or 8 times in the night, I just can't get comfy. The only place I seem to be able to sleep solidly is on the sofa, DH has suggested I try it for a night, see if I feel better for it.

Still 24 days until we find out the gender - I'm completely convinced it's a little boy though.

Dinah yay for icandy! I had the cherry for holly and now have the Apple and pear upgrade stuff for new baby. I have to say icandy customer service are shockingly bad, my cherry broke (twice!) And they were less than helpful. John Lewis where I got it from were fantastic though! It hasn't deterred me from icandy overall though, I believe it was a fault with that particular model.

I believe the maxi cosi is the only car seat to fit on icandys (I think) and imo its totally worth the money. I'll be using Hollys again for this baby. We had s cheaper one before the maxi cosi and the maxi cosi somehow seemed cosier and safer :)

20 weeks today!! Halfway there! :happydance:

Happy Birthday Emma, hope you have a really great day and get spoilt rotten. Im a little jealous you get to spend the day baby shopping.

And Emzy woop you are at the half way mark now too eeeeeek i only have 5 days till im there too.

Cant wait till i actually look pregnant while in clothes. some people dont believe im actually pregnant cause when im in my normal everyday clothes you cant tell :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->