June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

OMG how fast does this move, going to have a catch up on all posts!
Its my birthday tomorrow and were going shopping for baby things.

After thinking I was going to make my nursery things I have bought this

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/produ...ch-_-Elfie+and+Mop+-+Nursery+Pack-_-773121800

and other things from the range and I am going to make coordinating bunting to go in thew room with it. It was more cosr effective then buying fabric and my parents bought rhe nursery pack for my birthday! :happydance::happydance:

Congrats to all who are 20 weeks, I am 20 wks on Thursday and have my scan on Thursday too! cannot believe its 7 weeks since my last scan! another 7 weeks and we will all start hitting the 3rd trimester!! :cloud9:

Take Care,
Emma xx

happy birthday :flower: hope you have a good day shopping, our birthdays are 2 days apart, its finally my 21st but im not too tired and big to go anywhere over 21's :dohh: lol so a trip to dublin instead lol

nice bump pics ladies :thumbup:

and happy 18 weeks fb :happydance:

Yes lovely bump Emzy!! I am showing now and have bought a few maternity bits. Gutted as can't fit into my skinny jeans anymore and I'm already so bored of leggings!!!
Hope your having a lovely birthday Emma and getting lots of pressies!
Euronova what pram are you getting?
We have spent all day painting the nursery and I love it!! It's getting so exciting now and time seems to be whizzing by xx

I am getting the uppababy if you google "uppababy which review", there is a nice video showing it all. It seems to have all the options we like and it is compatible with the maxi cosy and much cheaper than the Icandy or bugaboo (no offence but if there are SO many bugaboo around here, if you parked it in the GP office you would not know which one is yours!)
actually, here is another great review link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYn0ooWGFZM&feature=related

I do seem to only wear the same 3 pairs of jeans. I ordered a pair of pregnancy black trouser on the Jojo Maman Bebe website, only £20 in the sale and you can put the band over or under the bump (when I will finally have one!) They just looked so comfy and you can dress them up or down depending on tops or shoes worn with them:
https://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+...ity-trousers-in-twenty-pounds-and-under+B4439
Also found some amazing maternity clothes on the Verbaudet website (no of the crazy pattern they think pregnant women should hide under on the Next website) but waiting to actually have a bump to spend more.

We're getting the Uppa Baby vista too- in Carlin Green, for the same reasons- can't move for Bugaboos and ICandy's in Wilmslow. It also has a massive shopping basket and has brilliant reviews. Can't wait to buy it, but holding fire until we're a bit further along. Not remotely superstitious but don't want a pram hanging around in the house unused for too long as it'll start to annoy me I think! our garage is a bit damp so don't want to store it in there until the weather improves.We're also going for a maxi cosi car seat that's compatible and an isofix base, so make it even easier.

As for maternity clothes- I've been in maternity trousers and skinny jeans since before Christmas, but really need them now. My bump popped out about a week ago and there is no hiding it now! Everyone was congratulating us at church this morning that didn't already know, so it must be obvious enough that I haven't just eaten too many slices of cake!

I'm struggling to find maternity trousers and jeans that are long enough- most of them (that actually fit in other areas) only go up to a 32 length leg, which is fine when I'm wearing boots over skinny's but not great if I want to wear shoes with trousers, as they are far too short!

Topshop do the best maternity leggings that I found- they are really good quality and have enough lycra in them so that they don't wrinkle on my legs- unlike debenhams, next and dorothy perkins- which I found to be poor quality and returned!

Feeling lots of movement now, which is really odd but I love it. Thinking it will only be a matter of days or a week or so before DH can feel the movements too, as I sometimes catch them from the outside too.:happydance:

Happy Birthday Emma.

xxx

Broody, these are expensive, but I wear mine 3-4 days a week! Work appropriate, but super comfortable. 34" inseam, so long enough! https://www.maternitique.com/shop/products/486/everywhere-pant.html

Also, Gap Maternity has long length pants.

I feel your pain!

Next also do a tall option, I am tall and got a couple of pairs of skinnys off there and they fit well, although they are really big for me around the legs and bum so wish i'd got the next size down x

I love the uppababy! I have already bought my pram or I might have joined you on that!
I forgot to say congrats on finding out your having a boy snowflake! And thanks for the info on skinny jeans from h&m will have to go and have a look asap!
Broodybelle I'm really tall and as I haven't bought any maternity trousers yet I'm now not looking forward to it, do they think tall people don't get pregnant lol
xx

Tell me about it. I love my topshop skinny jeans but not my Next ones as they are really baggy. If you come across any decent long leg trousers then let me know! Tall people are clearly not meant to get pregnant- it's so annoying! I have discovered a horribly expensive website for beautiful maternity occassion wear though and bought a dress for my brother-in-laws wedding next month. I figured if it was good enough for Holly Willoughbie and Myleene Klass then it was good enough for me! :winkwink:

xx

Next also do a tall option, I am tall and got a couple of pairs of skinnys off there and they fit well, although they are really big for me around the legs and bum so wish i'd got the next size down x

My Next ones are in a long and are nearly long enough (I'm usually an extra long in Next jeans). I got the size 8 but they are massive on my legs and bum- which is rubbish- they don't do a size 6.

xx

Broodybelle we went pram shopping yesterday and have decided to go for the Uppababy Vista too!! Now just to battle the choice of colour with OH :winkwink: :happydance:

Hey girls,

back from our shopping trip,

Bought 2 nice maternity bras, the bits and pieces that match my nursery set (cot arch, teddys, blankets etc) , maternity tights and had a look at lots of things but still undecided on alot of things!

Hubby bought me some daffodils and red roses.

Had a nice roast tea and now just chilling out!

x

Thanks Broody will have a look at Topshop and Next.
Emma where did you get your maternity bras if you don't mind me asking? I got one from Mothercare last week and am really unimpressed it rucks up under my boobs and digs in even though they measured me grrrr!!

I can recommend debenhams for mat bras! They're so good, used them last time too. They also have a sale on atm!

I love my topshop maternity skinny jeans - they're so comfortable!! Xx

Do you girls think my bump is too big? :( I've had a few people telling me I'm absolutely huge and its made me feel really self conscious :cry: I know it is loads bigger than last time, at 20 weeks I barely had a bump, but I thought it was just because it is my second? Any other second timers the same?

Do you girls think my bump is too big? :( I've had a few people telling me I'm absolutely huge and its made me feel really self conscious :cry: I know it is loads bigger than last time, at 20 weeks I barely had a bump, but I thought it was just because it is my second? Any other second timers the same?

Nooo not at all! I'm jealous! My baby is currently hiding under a layer of flab :blush: This is my second too but I haven't popped yet. I can't wait till I have a proper bump like yours :)

Everyone is different.... i am not looking preggers at all and it upsets me at time... i think whatever the situation there is always people making silly comments!
As long as your midwife says your weight is healthy then i would not worry.

I don't think so Emzy, you're half way there and baby is as big as a cantaloupe melon, of course you're going to be showing! Ignore people you look fab :hugs: x

Thank you everyone :) My midwife doesn't start measuring fundal height until after 28 weeks, so maybe it'll even out a bit before then!

Ah the tall pregnant saga! Haha! I've got some topshop maternity jeans in tall which are just long enough with flats! Annoyingly the 10 fit on the leg but too tight on lower belly, so had to go with the 12, fine for an hour, then too baggy and fall down! I did find some fleece lined leggings in new look, really tight on legs but nice and baggy at top for bump growth, and soooooo cosy! Only a tenner! Woop! X

Ahh emzy, I had people telling me that last time and it really annoyed me!! I think your bump is lovely, I am jealous because thought I would pop sooner this time but still haven't - i'm getting people say the opposite to me, which upsets me a bit! I really need to get some maternity bras, but it's one of those things that I keep putting off! Oh and i'm an onion today :happydance: x

Thanks Broody will have a look at Topshop and Next.
Emma where did you get your maternity bras if you don't mind me asking? I got one from Mothercare last week and am really unimpressed it rucks up under my boobs and digs in even though they measured me grrrr!!

Oh no! I got mine from mothercare too! I measured myself! Lets see how I get on today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->