June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Redrose my DH didn't have much experience with babies/children, but he was/is a natural with Holly. First bean is right, I think it just comes naturally to them when it's their own :)

Love the bump FB!

FAB bump pics girlies. Here's mine at 21 weeks. I totally notice a massie difference this week. A few days ago right under my bellybutton went hard so i think my uterus has finally popped up and out :happydance:

Attachments

• 21 weeks bump.jpg
    21 weeks bump.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 6
Ah lovely bumps girls!! Emma, they have a pic similar to that one on the ceiling in the gynae dept at our hospital, it definitely keeps you amused when your getting looked at!!

HI all hope your all well.
I had clinic today and all is well. did ask if i can work up until 37 weeks and he seemd a bit unsure i would get that far. My target at the moment is 36 weeks. bp seemed good.cant believe I have my scan on wednesday and i have a new one booked on 17th feb for growth scan woohoo. not feeling much kicks but i feel the odd movement and heard heartbeat. xx

Hi girls. DH hasn't got much experience with babies but he is great with my nephews when he wants to be. I know he'll be amazing when baby comes.

I have the worst cold that I have ever had. This is my 5th or 6th cold since becoming pregnant (never got them before) and it's a killer. Can't breathe at all and my head feels like it is going to explode, work was such hard work today. Normally I'm someone who just gets on with it, but feeling really sorry for myself after 3 nights of almost no sleep.

We're going to London tomorrow morning for the weekend and I'm just praying that the congestion eases off, as it will be unbearable in this state. Just wish I could take some Sudafed or Contac but obviously can't. Never thought a cold could make me feel so rough.

We have our abnormality scan on Monday morning. Praying everything goes well with that. We are staying team yellow.

Have a lovely weekend ladies.

xx

FAB bump pics girlies. Here's mine at 21 weeks. I totally notice a massie difference this week. A few days ago right under my bellybutton went hard so i think my uterus has finally popped up and out :happydance:

Lovely bump. xx

i so cant wait for baby cuddles :) they are the best...

has anyone elses oh not experienced beign around kids much? or ladies with babies already did your oh have much experience before your kids came along?

i ask cuz oh has held a baby i think max 2-3 times in his life lol and there were babies of 10 + months

it will be nice to see what he will be like with our baby, i know he will be so nervous and worried about dropping baby or hurting them.. he will be so cautious i think

My DH has had no experiance with babies! I am very excited to see how he handles it lol. Makenna our 3 year old is his bio daughter and everything, but due to his lack of maturity at age 19 (so very young for us to be having a baby) he did not meet Makenna untill after her 2nd birthday!! I was a single mom for two years, so im wondering what it will be like having a partner around with the baby? I hope it is ok, im kind of worried about it. I know he will do great,it will be me who will have to adjust. God i hope i do ok!!!

Hey girls! Just thought I would pop in and say hello again. I have been trying to avoid this section as I cannot contain my excitement for my scan on Monday.

Bumps are looking good girls!

Will pop back and update properly on Monday. So excited! xx

goodluck on monday Mei

Have an awesome weekend in London Broodybelle, hope you feel better.

Right really gotta drag my ass of this sofa and go to work booooooooo!!!!

Hope your scans go well broodybelle and mei!
And hope you feel better soon broodybelle! My bump has definitely popped out now! Still looks just fat though, I tend to go all round before it comes out at the front!
My friend is selling a gorgeous yummy mummy bag, but it is pink - do you think it will matter if I find out I am having a boy?x

Babyd, I think it's fine. You're a girl, so you're allowed to have a pink bag!

Great bumps, ladies...I've got some envy going on!

Think i'm gonna get it :)
Ladies (especially 2nd or more timers!) how many of you have or will breastfeed? I had an awful time with it last time, but really want to do it this time around. It was so painful and didn't ever feel like anything was coming out, and even when I stopped after 2 days my boobs didn't get huge or leak so not sure if my milk actually came in. And I never got any help with it! I have had a breast enlargement but was told this wouldn't affect it and was told because I had quite a traumatic birth (sorry not scaring anyone, but it was after the birth that was traumatic not during!) that may have affected it?
Anyway, just wondered if anyone had any tips or advice for me?? Thanks girls :)

Sorry, no advice on breastfeeding but i know the supply can take up to 6 weeks to be completely in tune with the baby's need, and it takes at least 3 days to get any milk at all.
Definitely finally popped, I think people are now noticing for sure as a lot of client in the shop today where insisting to carry their stuff instead of letting me do the work :)
That is an afternoon pic, so a quite a bit bigger than morning but wasn't a "bloated" after dinner pic either :) (this is 18 weeks)
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7166/6737279625_3f0a5c70ba.jpg

Babyd I had a tough time breastfeeding Holly too. She was born 2 weeks early and was severely jaundiced, which made her extremely sleepy. She really struggled to feed. We got some help with latching and once we'd got that sorted, she still struggled as she would have a few sucks and then fall asleep. As a result her jaundice got worse and worse and my milk supply was rubbish as there wasn't much of a demand as she wasn't sucking much. I breastfed her for 2 weeks until she ended up back in hospital as she had dropped 12% of her body weight and her jaundice got worse. The midwives until then had really pressured me into carrying on breastfeeding (I really, really wanted to, but it was so hard as she was getting more and more poorly) but when we got to the hospital the doctor said that the only way she was going to get better was to feed and she clearly wasn't feeding well from me. I tried expressing but as my supply was so poor, I was only getting up to 1oz off at a time. Anyway in the end they told me to continue trying to BF if I wanted, but to top up with formula and it wasn't long before my milk totally dried up. I woke up one morning and my boobs were all soft and floppy and I cried!

I'd really love to BF this time around, I beat myself up so so much about not being able to continue with Holly, I was depressed about it for months. In the grander scheme of things, it didn't matter as Holly is healthy and happy but I'd still love to try again. But I wont be giving myself such a hard time if it doesn't work out this time around!

After Holly's birth, I was taken straight to theatre to be stitched so hardly got any skin to skin with her and our first attempt at BF was with my lay flat on my back as I'd had a spinal. I am absolutely sure that a lot of the problems started with me not being with her for the first 2 hours of her life, so this time I am really hoping to be able to have lots of skin to skin and try breastfeeding straight away.

I am going to try to BF with this one, I BF kenna for 2 weeks and actually got along with it very well, i only had to stop because she had reflux really bad and projectiled vomited EVERYTHING so had to switch to a formula with rice in it. It broke my heart to do so tho, but it was best in the end and i only would have been able to nurse her till she was 7 weeks cause that was when i had to have surgery. They don't let you nurse after going under because to much can transfer to your milk, hurting the baby.

So i am very excited to try again with this baby, and it helps you lose the extra pounds after delivery :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->