June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Thanks babyd that is reassuring as the most I have felt baby has been in the evening when I am relaxing on the sofa and the odd flicker during the day so probably worrying for nothing!!
Wow Disney Land you lucky thing have a great time! xx

Hi girls. We've had the scan and everything is great with baby. He/she was very well behaved and she was able to check all of the anatomy in double quick time.

I will upload a picture (they always seem to come out huge, so apologies if that is the case and it's also fuzzy because I took a picture of the photo with my phone camera). Baby is sucking its thumb. We also saw it opening and closing its mouth to swallow which was cute as it looked like it was singing (I'm a classically trained singer, so ever hopeful baby will inherit my vocal talents rather than hubsters!). :haha:

My placenta is still slightly low, which is obviously what caused my bleeding earlier on, and so I get to have another scan at 32 weeks to check if it has moved up or not- so hooray for getting to see baby again and prayers that it will move out of the way.

Gem- my baby seems to still be really sporadic with its movements- some days feel it lots and lots no matter whether I'm moving around or lying still and some days barely at all. Think it also depends on the position of the baby because it is still small enough to face the other direction and us feel no movement at all.

Was amazing to see baby again and it has made me even more excited.

[IMG]https://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i378/superhan82/BabyWiles213.jpg[/IMG]

Yay lovely pic broodybelle!!

Gem yes it's completely normal hun, don't worry. At this stage baby is still small enough to turn the other way and we won't feel them. It's not until 28 weeks that the midwives say to pay attention to movements as until then, you may not feel them much every day :)

Lovely scan pic Broodybelle I bet your smiling after seeing baby again!

Thanks for the advice girls you really have put my mind at rest xx

Gem, I was having the same concerns last week...I had gotten to a daily basis point, and then all of a sudden I barely felt it. They are small enough that if they turn a bit they might be kicking away but you can't feel it. After 24 weeks it will be more regular, and at 28 we start kick counting. It is disconcerting though!!

Hi girls

Is anyone having mood swings? Overly emotional? Hormonal? I keep going through phases of feeling really down in the dumps and miserable and anxious about everything. Then 10 minutes later I feel fine, on top of the world! It's driving me mad! I did feel like this in my last pregnancy, but earlier on and I'm sure I felt fine by 20 odd weeks. But I can't really remember. Maybe it's the time of year? I just keep feeling so down and I don't know why! I wouldn't say I'm depressed, I have been depressed before and felt hopeless, it's not like that. I just feel fed up? I guess it's probably because of having SPD and I'm stuck in a lot more than I usually am. Normally, me and Holly are out every day at toddler groups, the park, soft play, shopping, etc but whilst I am trying to get out a couple of times a week still, I am spending a lot more time indoors. I am doing lots of fun things with Holly, like crafts and things but I guess that's not really stimulating for me is it.

Anyway, sorry, it's turned into a bit of a rant there! Just wondered if anyone felt the same as me and if anyone had any tips for me so I can stop feeling so sorry for myself! x

Anyone read this?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2090607/Placenta-pills-Midwife-Caroline-Baddiley-harvesting-new-mums-afterbirths-sell-them.html
Thoughts?

Hi girls

Is anyone having mood swings? Overly emotional? Hormonal? I keep going through phases of feeling really down in the dumps and miserable and anxious about everything. Then 10 minutes later I feel fine, on top of the world! It's driving me mad! I did feel like this in my last pregnancy, but earlier on and I'm sure I felt fine by 20 odd weeks. But I can't really remember. Maybe it's the time of year? I just keep feeling so down and I don't know why! I wouldn't say I'm depressed, I have been depressed before and felt hopeless, it's not like that. I just feel fed up? I guess it's probably because of having SPD and I'm stuck in a lot more than I usually am. Normally, me and Holly are out every day at toddler groups, the park, soft play, shopping, etc but whilst I am trying to get out a couple of times a week still, I am spending a lot more time indoors. I am doing lots of fun things with Holly, like crafts and things but I guess that's not really stimulating for me is it.

Anyway, sorry, it's turned into a bit of a rant there! Just wondered if anyone felt the same as me and if anyone had any tips for me so I can stop feeling so sorry for myself! x

Ahh Emzy :hugs: I haven't really got any advice, but I would say it is definitely because you are stuck indoors and because of the time of year - I feel like that even when i'm not pregnant!! And these reasons were also what made me feel even worse when I had Ante-natal and post-natal depression. I don't really know what to suggest other than can you get someone to go out with you so you get some help with Holly? Sorry hun really not much help, but I hope you start to feel better soon xx

Anyone read this?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2090607/Placenta-pills-Midwife-Caroline-Baddiley-harvesting-new-mums-afterbirths-sell-them.html
Thoughts?

I saw this on a programme the other week!! The lady done allsorts with a placenta!x

Emzy I was in tears in my lunch hour because M&S would only give me the sale value (25% of original cost :dohh:) for a set of pjs I got given at Christmas because they are already too small. I dont know if it was being ripped off or facing up to no longer being a 14- even in sleepwear- that got me most, but I would certainly not normally cry about either :shrug:

I really hope its hormones (and therefore temporary) :haha:

Hey girls, really quick update as on my phone. Had my scan today and my bleed has gone! All went well even though baby was thoroughly uncooperative.

And I'm on team blue again!!

Hey girls, really quick update as on my phone. Had my scan today and my bleed has gone! All went well even though baby was thoroughly uncooperative.

And I'm on team blue again!!

Hooray for the bleed going Mei- that's great news. And congrats on being team blue. I'm still team yellow but there was a split second in the scan when I thought 'Oh my goodness I could find out right now if I want!' But was then well behaved and didn't find out!

xx

Emzy- I would say its probably because you are stuck in all day when you are used to getting out and about more.
Mei- Great news that the bleed has gone. Congratulations on been team blue.
Well only two more sleeps till my scan I cant wait now I think I am team blue but will be over the moon either way as long as all is well with me and baba.

Great news Mei!
Cliqmo, sorry but that made me chuckle! I would have been exactly the same xx

Hi girls

hey,

Sorry you're feeling so miserable hun, I know exactly how you're feeling coz i am having the exact same thing....unfortunately i don't have any tips or advice at all coz i know that no matter what anyone says you will just feel down in the dumps and a bit miserable....i know what you mean about the depression thing...it's totally different to just sometimes feeling a bit crappy and sorry for yerself (yes yes it's ok and normal and perfectly acceptable to feel sorry for yourself!).

Anyway it's definitely just hormones chick...think back to pmt and how pooey it feels then and how everything is just so difficult and rubbish! i think sometimes you jut have to sit it out unfortunately...try and do things that aren't gonna cause you to feel more fed up (ie like when you have pmt and feel ugly, don't go and try on new clothes etc and like when you feel like a crap wife, dont try and prove yourself wrong by trying to bake something coz it's just gonna go wrong!)

i'm sure you will start to feel more positive soon...the only thing i can say i guess is try and enjoy the ups and just allow yourself to wallow in the downs and don't try to fight them.....i guess it is probably way harder with a toddler and spd but just try and enjoy the smiles and don't beat yourself up for feeling poo!

I've had 3 up days and had 4 down days last week (i don't mean depressed down, just miserable/fed up etc) but i'm just trying to enjoy the good and not trying to fight the bad.

Anyway i don't know if im making any sense at all but i know what i mean!

It's good just to let it out too hun so keep talking to whoever is listening.....that's what we're all here for and i know myself how nice it is jus to let it all out to you girls when i feel rubbish as everyone is so lovely and supportive!

Keep smiling and you'll get thru the cloudy days to reach the sunny ones!

xoxoxoxo

Yay....i think it really was my baby yesterday morning after all you girls have said!
Haven't felt her since though but having read all the comments over the last couple of pages I am reassured that there's nothing to worry about!

Mei - awesome news and so happy for your hun! Team blue too!! whooop!

Broody - fab scan pic - your bub looks so cute and chilled out! I think it's a girl for sure :))

Right....i have really bad stomach pains at the moment and i think it's all trapped wind. Seriously i am the trumpiest gassiest person i know and am constantly pooing and trumping but have trumped about twice today which makes me thing there must be tons and tons of trapped wind and poo in there! LOVELY!
xoxo

Congrats on the scan Mei and another little boy!! :happydance: Is your DS very excited about the prospect of having a little brother?!

Emzy I totally know how you are feeling :hugs: i've been really up and down the last week or so and when i'm down there doesn't seem to be any reason for it or anything I can do to snap myself out of it. Spent most of the weekend in a grump for no reason. Then get really annoyed with myself because I've wanted this so bad for so long and feel now I'm finally pregnant I should be happy all the time!

I'm hoping it's a combination of the miserable time of year, worrying about my 20 wk scan (on Fri!) and not really enjoying my body changing despite the fact I love thinking of my little boy getting bigger. And I'm still working away from home 3 nights a week which I don't think is helping - 10 weeks and 2 days until mat leave starts for me.....not that I'm counting!!

Thank you so much girls :hugs: I'm gonna have a nice bath and do my hair and nails and that to try and make myself feel a bit more cheerful! God damn hormones! Abi you are right its just like one big pmt Blurgh!!!

Snowflake are you going on maternity leave at 29 weeks too? I've just written a letter to my boss to tell her I'm going at 29 weeks, just got to send it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->