June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Holly had reflux too and projectile vomited everything! Then she had colic til 12 weeks... I REALLY hope this baby doesn't get colic, it was awful!!

Sorry, I don't have any breastfeeding advice. I formula fed Aimee and will be doing the same this time.

I bought 3 maternity tops and 2 belly bands today. I tried them on and the really make me look pregnant haha! My sister was trying to get me to buy a t-shirt that said "I'm not fat, I'm pregnant" which is silly since I'm actually both :haha:

I feel like my stomach is changing shape rather than expanding :shrug:

I will be FF as BF really didn't work for me last time. It made me really dread him waking up and was making me physically sick and crying the whole time, so I quit after 4 days. Which was completely the right decision, so I am not going to even put myself through it this time.

Nathaniel had reflux up until 12 months, was a complete and utter nightmare and then just suddenly dissapeared. Medicine worked quite well for him though. I am not even bothered by baby sick now though hah!

Thanks girls :) I just felt completely useless with grace, I had a third degree tear and needed 2 pints of blood, so could not move and had to stay in hospital for 5 days, I felt stupid cos she wasn't latching on properly and nobody would talk me through it, they just would come over and put her on my boob! Which is horrible because they put so much pressure on breast feeding! So I was just in tears one night and told them to give her a bottle cos she was screaming for milk. I tried expressing and didn't produce a drop, I felt like a failure, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with her now!x

Yeah i think it is very important to listen to your own body and baby when it come to BF or FF.Everybody is different!!! so is every babe. My friend has a three week old and came to decide that she was going to do fromula, as breastfeeding was to stressfull and causing depression. The poor girl is all alone and doesn't have anyone around to talk to about this stuff, so did my best to help her. She thought she was letting down here daughter,bless her heart! Now they are both doing better for her choice

Quick post from me will catch up later. I am 20weeks today halfway there yay...

hope you have all had a good weekend. good luck for all the scans coming up this week, lots of lovely bump pictures too. I will have to take another one this coming friday at 22weeks to see if any difference with the one at 20weeks.

as for breastfeeding, im going to try it and see but i did get a bargain manual pump yesterday for £15 in tesco, its the tommee tippee closer to nature one so matches all of my bottles etc. came with freebies so better deal than the one for £23 in asda with no freebies lol. that way if bf is too painful or im having problems i can at least try and express and mix that in with formula or whatever. i plan to stay an extra few days in the midwife unit so im near help if i need it, plus be nice to have a break from housework and a good excuse to not have any visitors for a good few days after the birth.

Wow that's great you have the option to do that jellytots, our hospital boots you out of the midwife unit after 6 hours and off the normal ward ASAP lol saying that, I stayed overnight and that was more than enough, I couldn't wait to get home!

I couldn't wait to get home either, was really annoyed I had to stay 5 days - I got home on the Friday and DH went back to work on the Monday! Want to get out ASAP this time!x

hello everyone!

Gosh feels like i've been away ages but think i last posted on thursday!

I have no breastfeeding stories or advice but i'm definitely gonna try my best to BF....it's reassuring to hear all the stories though as i don't think i appreciated how difficult it could be and that it's normal for it not to work too by the sounds of things! If i can't do it for whatever reason, i'll think back to these posts and remember that i won't be a failure!!

Talking of sick....i'm not a huge fan of sick or poo (despite being my fave subject!) but i'm sure if it's my own baby's sick and poo then i may just get used to it....one thing that really turns my stomach though is hair! I can't unblock my own plug hole, my MIL has to do it for me...just the thought makes me gag! I'm having a girl so she's just gonna have to have short hair that doesn't get stuck in plugholes etc! I hate seeing my own hair on things (like when you take stuff out the washing machine and it has long hairs on it....YUK!!!!) My friend was telling me the other day that she changed her 4 month old son's nappy the other day...anyway he puts his feet in his mouth and she was stood at bum end when he literally squirted poo from his bum all over her!!!!!! I cracked up but also felt for her....shit shit shit what the fuck??? i will well be taking precautions to stop that from happening thats for sure (haven't figured out how yet)....she started putting a cotton wool pad on his willy whilst changing him to stop him weeing all over her so may neen to do sthg similar for bumbum!

Ace bumps peeps btw....Traybaby...you can defo see that yours has popped now hun!

Can remember if i mentioned it but 2 days after my 20 week scan i had a haemotologist apt due to me being a haemophilia carrier...anyway long story cut short....they told me that i need to find out the sex of the baby for definite (or at least as definite as they can be) as boys need to be treated differently in labour.....anyhoo as we had found out 2 days before my haemo apt that we're having a girl, they said they may not do another scan to sex the baby BUT they were gonna speak to the sonographer to see how definite she thinks it is that i'm having a girl....if she's not that sure or can't remember me then I'll get to have another scan! yippeeee!
Oh and because i'm a carrier, they've told me i definitely have to stay in hospital for 48 hrs after delivery as there's a risk i could lose a lot of blood...could be worse and hey who knows may end up staying for longer anyway!

Just a quick headache update....have managed to keep the headache at bay since Friday!! Was PROPERLY tired on Friday and had a dull tired headache but i tend not to be too bothered by those ones now! The splitting axe-in-head headache has gone for now so fingers crossed it stays away!

I'm falling asleep as i type (been awake since 4am!) so gonna go have a nap whilst watching either OBEM, Greys Anatomy or Holby....decisions decisions! Was gonna bake from my new chocolate-based cook book but i'm too tired and i'll only eat it anyway!

have a nice sunday everyone xxxxxx

PS...OMG can't believe i forgot to mention this.....

...i THINK (only think, not really sure) that i felt a kick this morning!! was laid in bed and had a weird feeling like something was flicking me from the inside??? it was soooooo subtle though and wouldn't have noticed if i wasn't laid down doing nothing but was REALLY concentrating on my belly and i felt it!! It definitely didnt feel like flutters or gas (i am ALWAYS full of gas so i'm pretty used to what gas feels like and i ain't ever felt gas like this) more like a tap or a flick but just really gentle...happened a few times in the space of 5-10 mins??

It was quite low down tho....

what do you girls think???

PS...OMG can't believe i forgot to mention this.....

...i THINK (only think, not really sure) that i felt a kick this morning!! was laid in bed and had a weird feeling like something was flicking me from the inside??? it was soooooo subtle though and wouldn't have noticed if i wasn't laid down doing nothing but was REALLY concentrating on my belly and i felt it!! It definitely didnt feel like flutters or gas (i am ALWAYS full of gas so i'm pretty used to what gas feels like and i ain't ever felt gas like this) more like a tap or a flick but just really gentle...happened a few times in the space of 5-10 mins??

It was quite low down tho....

what do you girls think???

I definitely think that is baby Abi! I only ever feel baby when I am laying down not doing alot, because I am concentrating on it. At this stage it will feel more like tiny kicks than flutters I think x

My 22 week bump :)

406846_10151205013970473_743965472_22679259_1134066898_n.jpg

Defo sounds like baby Abi! Yay!! And yay for another scan too, I was secretly pleased my placenta was low lying too, so I get another scan he he!

That definately sounds like baby. I have actually been feeling mine quite a lot for these past two days. And actually saw movements on my tummy when lying down last night, felt surreal.

Wow, some of you girlies sound like you had not much support with the breastfeeding. My hospital prides itself with a 93% breastfeeding rate however they don't pressurise which is good. As Nathaniel was my first baby I had a woman visit (she did ask if she could) to help me and give me pointers and support with breastfeeding. She gave me her contact number and was even willing to come to the house if I needed more support with it after I left hospital. The hospital has a team of 'breastfeeding support' workers. As I said before, didn't work out for me anyway.

Also, I think it does make a difference that it is your baby being sick etc. Definately. I am a complete freak when it comes to getting my hands dirty, I ALWAYS have been however it's quite different with Nathaniel.

I am borderline haemophiliac and did haemorrage when I had Nathaniel but they didn't tell me until afterwards. Things can still go smoothly the only thing I had was blood pressure plummeting, about 24-48 hours afterwards. I don't know if that is the same for a 'haemophilia carrier'.

Lovely bump Emzy!
Mei, that sounds great about the breastfeeding support at your hospital - ours has nothing like that, yet they pressure you into doing it!x

Hey guys I'm Katie due 19th June with my first. Next scan is 30th Jan :)

Welcome!!! Will you be finding out the sex?

Hope the rest of you are all ok, I've been too busy stuffing my face to pop in....ugh! X

Abi, that's the baby! Pretty cool, eh? Mine's working on being a pole vaulter. I'm kind of dreading when the movements get painful as babby gets bigger...

I did pre-natal yoga today, but it wasn't your typical session! Super good workout, but I'm exhausted now!! Bedtime for sure!

Morning Girls,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend we had friends over and it really does take it out of me as I cannot keep my eyes open this morning and feel like I've been on the beers all weekend even though I haven't touched a drop since I found out I'm pregnant!!
Abi that is definitely baby, how exciting!!
On the subject of feeling baby move can I ask you all a question that has been playing on my mind, I have felt baby move a few times one of those being the scene from Alien that I told you about!!! But still not feeling much on a daily babsi, is that still completely normal at this stage? I keep thinking something must be wrong.

Broodybelle have you had your scan yet? xx

Morning Girls,

Hope you all had a lovely weekend we had friends over and it really does take it out of me as I cannot keep my eyes open this morning and feel like I've been on the beers all weekend even though I haven't touched a drop since I found out I'm pregnant!!
Abi that is definitely baby, how exciting!!
On the subject of feeling baby move can I ask you all a question that has been playing on my mind, I have felt baby move a few times one of those being the scene from Alien that I told you about!!! But still not feeling much on a daily babsi, is that still completely normal at this stage? I keep thinking something must be wrong.

Broodybelle have you had your scan yet? xx

I am the same gemgem, I am not really feeling any movements on a daily basis, I only really notice them at night when I am relaxing on the sofa - I think this is because the movements aren't very strong at this stage and you can go through the day without even noticing them. They say it is only when you get into the third trimester that you should be keeping an eye on how often they are moving and you are meant to feel them 10 times throughout the day. If you are feeling movements every so often then that is fine. If they completely stop then you might want to call midwife for reassurance.

Good luck to the people who have scans today, broodybelle and mei I think??
I am a mango today :happydance: only 9 days till my scan!!
I have a busy week this week, it's Grace's 3rd birthday on Thursday and we are off to Disneyland Friday - I can't wait!!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->