June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Hope your feeling better Louise and Babyd definitely go see the doctor and I hope he can give you something to help.

Happy V day Harri!! xx

Anyone else's thighs growing along with bump? I'm sure my calorie intake hasn't really changed but my size 10 maternity trousers are now too tight on the thighs, I think I'm going to have to go a size up! These were from next too And I think their sizes are generous! How annoying! X

Happy v day Harri! OMG how exciting!

How is everyone this morning then?

EMzy - good news about work chick...although it's not good that you're in so much pain of course but at least you don't have those work worries hanging over you now :)

BAbyd - did you call the midwife about your swollen bits? what did they say? Cool bump BTW!

Welcome Katarina and congrats on your baby girl!

Gemgem.....i'm working as long as I can....i get 12 weeks full pay then the rest is SMP...bought a new house 18 months ago and really stretched ourselves which means now we may struggle mortgage wise without my salary....basically trying to save as much as we can between now and May so that we have the mortgage payments in the bank rather than worrying about them....the saving thing isn't really working tho!

OMG is anyone else just non stop eating??? I literally can't get enough of food food food! I have been eating REALLY badly too with 2-3 chocolate bars a day, 2 breakfasts and massive dinners....ooops! Does anyone know how much weight we're supposed to put on in pregnancy? I have put on a stone already....my friend put on 2 stone in her whole pregnancy and we havent even hit the putting loads of weight on stage yet have we?

Re the dreams.....yes very vivid dreams but not nice ones. I am getting chased, falling, run over and the latest one was i had to murder someone in my dream and the person wouldnt die so i had to jump on his skull til he did....it was like a cartoon and i was the hero character or something! Very very disturbing and felt horrific when i woke up!

Never felt horny at all throughout this pregnancy.....i get it into my head that it's rude and dirty and therefore can't bring myself to do it! I have issues i think coz i am not liking that i feel that way about it....i did go to ao councellor for a while and we were just about to touch on the whole sex subject and then my work got really busy so i had to cancel 2 sessions and then she gave up on me and never called me back. If i want more counselling i need to go and get referred again which just feels like too much like hard work!

Working from home this morning and so much to do and my bloody work connectivity thing isnt working.....so i'm sat here with nothing to do and stuff mounting up :-( Have to drive up to Washington at 11.30ish so figured i'll work from home to get some stuff done rather than going into work but alas my plan has failed!

Anyway hope everyone has an ace day and speak to y'all soon xxxxx

Happy V Day Harri!

BabyD hope the doc gives you something and you feel better soon. Wonder if that's got anything to do with your swollen bits?!

Gemini I know, I was thinking 3rd tri is just around the corner! Scary but sooo exciting!!! As for stretch marks, I think if you're gonna get them, you're gonna get them! I got my first stretch marks at 11 weeks with Holly after I bloated soooo much and they just got worse from there. I was covered in them by the end. They had faded to silver lines but have gone back to a nice purple/red shade now! I don't care tbh, they are just a sign that I've grown babies :)

Harri I gain weight everywhere with pregnancy! I retain water like nobodies business, so my ass, thighs, hands, feet, face... everything, seems to gain weight!

Abi I had gained 12lbs at 20 weeks, christ knows how much now! I think 12 lbs is completely normal to have gained now, when you think that baby weighs around 1lb already and all that water and blood and placenta and that! I gained 4 stone when pregnant with Holly (when I weighed the week before I had her) and was back to only 10lb over my pre pregnancy weight by 6 weeks. I lost that 10lbs really easily with healthy eating, it was the rest that wouldn't come off! I found it really, really hard to lose the excess weight I already had to lose after having Holly. I followed a really strict diet and exercise plan for a couple of weeks and gained 1lb! I got really disheartened and didn't bother after that. Once I've had this baby, I'll give myself a few months to lose the weight I will have gained naturally and let my body settle down, then I'll probably start swimming again or something to help me lose weight gradually, as I think it was the strictness of the diet that didn't work.

I think I'm going to suffer from water retention too Emzy!

At 23 weeks I was 15lb up! They say you should gain a pound a week in the 2nd and third trimester which would put me at a total gain of 2st 4lb if I carry on gaining 1lb a week like I have been doing! I NEED to review my diet though - more fruit, less chocolate!

We're going on holiday in September with my family so I want to get into a healthy eating routine now so it's not as hard after the birth!

When did you reach the really uncomfortable stage with your first pregnancy Emzy? Xx

Harri I have definitely gained weight. I tried a pair of H&M maternity jeans on last week and couldn't even get my big toe in them!!!! I am now living in wrap dresses for work and leggings at the weekends!!

Abi I am eating really badly too although am trying to have a heatly meal in the eveneings. I have already had a kit kat and a whole load of thorntons moments mmmmm!!!
I looked at how much weight I've put on yesterday and it's just under a stone, filled out onlline my height and weight and it was all normal and I have not stopped eating so I'm sure we'll all be fine!! Clothes just don't fit me like they used to lol

P.s does the fruit stay as a papya now for a few weeks?!

I changed my fruit ticker in the end, going to keep an eye on your ones instead! lol

Harri I started to get uncomfortable soon after 30 weeks. I did have SPD though, so if you don't have that it might be later. I remember it was June and it was sooooo hot and I was working a crappy temp office job where they had no air conditioning! I remember laying in bed getting sooo frustrated as I couldn't get comfy no matter what I did and even with 2 fans pointed on me I was so hot. My feet ballooned one day and I couldn't fit a single pair of shoes on my feet, even flip flops so had to send DH out to get me some EEE fit ones from Evans!! I think that was just before I left work, so somewhere between 30 and 33 weeks it started and it just got more uncomfortable from there really. I used to sit on my birthing ball to watch tv as it was the only way I could get comfy! I was saying to DH last night that I need to dig it out. I remember the day before I went into labour I went into town to get some nursing bras and I was literally dragging myself around and I was so slow and getting sympathetic looks off everyone ha ha, must have looked a right state! A woman in a shop told me that I would have the baby any minute and she wasn't far wrong. I was sooo done with being pregnant at 37 weeks! It's a good job she came early really! x

Oh Emzy that sounds horrendous, I think it's the right decision for me to leave work at 35weeks I don't fancy doing my usual weekly visit to Brighton which is a round trip of 200miles feeling like that!!
With the birthing balls they provide those at the hospital don't they when you go in to have the baby? I have images me and dh trying to squeeze it blown up into the car lol

Oooh OBEM tonight!!

They do have them at my hospital if you want them, but double check with your hospital.

Ha ha not everyone feels like that towards the end, I have a friend who was due before me but had their baby a week later than me and she was absolutely fine, full of the joys of spring and worked up until 37 weeks and then she was bored! I think pregnancy just affects people in different ways. I can tell this one is going to knacker me as I already feel uncomfortable at 24 weeks!!

I was just reading back at our old September Stars thread from the 3rd tri and at 29 weeks, I'd gained 13lbs!! That means I must have gained soooo much in the last few weeks to have gained 4 stone! LOL!

We probably will end up taking ours then!!

Your right everyone is different and no pregnancy is the same is it. I feel okay at the moment but have switched to flats now as my heels were getting very uncomfortable!
Do you know if once you send your Matb1 form in with your intended last day are you able to change it nearer the time if you feel fine and want to work for longer. Sorry for all the questions!!
Wow 13lbs at 29 weeks is amazing, I'm worried now as already put that on!!!!

Yes you can change your date of leaving, but believe they like you to give 28 days notice, but then that'll depend on your company :)

Aww I love reading this old thread, reading about the day I was just talking about, the day before I went into labour and I forgot that I lost my plug whilst I was out shopping! Wondering if I was going into labour as I was so crampy. Little did I know by that time the next day I would be in full blown labour! ha ha Aww can't wait to do it again, so exciting x

It must be nice to be able to read back over it and bring back all the memories. We will be able to do it with this thread too which is lovely!!

I am very excited even though a lot scared about how painful it will be!! I just cannot wait to meet my baby girl now!! x

Hi girls,
Just got back from the doctors and I have a nasty bladder infection :( I tested positive for everything on the dip stick and he said if I am no better by friday I may have to be admitted for iv antibiotics :( I now have to go to work, which I am completely not up for doing and am stupid for not ringing in, but hopefully they might send me home!
Awwh Emzy, I had it bad late in my pregnancy and that was in the winter, I was always sooo hot so god knows what I will feel like this time!!

Sorry about your infection babyd :hugs: I hope it clears up soon!

Emzy that sounds awful! I'm NOT looking forward to the end!

I feel the same too GemGem! I'm at 15lb gain already!!! Eeek!

Xxxx

Sorry to scare you lol like I said, its not like that for everyone and you lot will prob be those that sail through with no problem, whilst I'm resembling a massive puffa fish!! I was just more than ready. I think though that nature makes you that way, at some point you stop feeling scared and like you can't and start feeling like you want to have the baby now and bring it on!

Hey all :wave:

I'm feeling a bit better today. I finally felt movement last night and again today which is a relief :thumbup:

My blood pressure went from 150/100 yesterday afternoon to 118/80 this morning which is a big drop overnight. The consultant thinks my GP has jumped the gun by giving me these extra tablets so I have to go in hospital on Friday for monitering. I feel like I'm never away from that place :dohh:

On a brighter note....20 weeks today! :happydance:

It's crazy!!
Any existing mums want to share their experiences on stretch marks? I've not got any yet, but I must say I'm somewhat worried....x

I have lots of stretch marks from my other pregnancies, but nothing new from this one -- yet! I do think it is more genetic than anything else. I religiously applied cream with ds1 and it made no difference at all.

Anyone else's thighs growing along with bump? I'm sure my calorie intake hasn't really changed but my size 10 maternity trousers are now too tight on the thighs, I think I'm going to have to go a size up! These were from next too And I think their sizes are generous! How annoying! X

Yes, just think of it as the trunk of the tree. :) You gotta support the belly, so your legs grow to handle that job! Just like with stretch marks, though, it doesn't happen to everyone. But me for sure!

Hey all :wave:

I'm feeling a bit better today. I finally felt movement last night and again today which is a relief :thumbup:

My blood pressure went from 150/100 yesterday afternoon to 118/80 this morning which is a big drop overnight. The consultant thinks my GP has jumped the gun by giving me these extra tablets so I have to go in hospital on Friday for monitering. I feel like I'm never away from that place :dohh:

On a brighter note....20 weeks today! :happydance:

Glad you're feeling better! Sorry you have to spend more time in the hospital. Take care of yourself!

AFM, I really have no desire to eat. The heartburn has gotten even worse the past few days. It has started making me feel nauseous. :( I feel like I am either drowning in snot or drowning in acid. I have gained about 4-5 lbs. so far, just hoping that the babies are getting what they need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->