June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Little bird I'm the same, either drowning or acid or Snot! Been downing the gaviscon this last few days!

well a week ago i was up half a pound, but it is gone this week. So i am almost 22 weeks with no weight gain so far!! But lilly is measuring right where she sould be and my bump is HUGE. i did the same with my first and didn't gain until 7 months. I only gained 19lb with her. And was back in my clothes 11 days after she was born.

From what my doc said, healthy weight gain is 25-35 lbs. They also said for me, due to my weight loss in the first tri, I probably won't gain more than 20-25. At this point I'm still at -5 lbs or do, but gaining quickly now! Kind of thinking I should slow the eating down... My almost empty bottle of Tums would probably agree!

When I was last weighed 2 weeks ago I had lost 2.5 lbs. I've probably put that back on now though. I was told that women with a high BMI (like me) don't put on as much weight during pregnancy as those who are slim.

Well I'm officially depressed!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

I Weighed myself this morning and I was 19lb up!!! What the hell is going on?! I'm hoping it's down to constipation! I feel awful :cry:

Xxx

Hun that's a totally normal weight gain! Girls please don't be worried about weight, everyone is different and things like water retention and blood volume play a huge part in how much/little you gain. As long as you are eating fairly healthily, you don't have to worry as you will lose it again after the birth. Your weight in pregnancy really doesn't tell you anything, hence why a lot of midwives don't weigh any more. Ours only weigh at booking appointment to determine bmi, but don't monitor how much you gain for a reason- as it doesn't mean anything! x

Louise I have a high BMI and not sure how much I have gained so far, but gained 4 stone by the end of my pregnancy with Holly, so that's not true for me! I lost all the pregnancy weight really easily after the birth though without doing anything which tells me it was mostly water retention, so I think it has a lot to do with whether you are prone to retaining water or not x

As Emzy says I wouldnt worry about your weight gain you are growing a baba aslong as your eating healthy dont worry about it.

Louise I have a high BMI and not sure how much I have gained so far, but gained 4 stone by the end of my pregnancy with Holly, so that's not true for me! I lost all the pregnancy weight really easily after the birth though without doing anything which tells me it was mostly water retention, so I think it has a lot to do with whether you are prone to retaining water or not x

Maybe it's different for me because my BMI is very high (it's 43!). I'm actually attending the Metabolic Clinic at my local hospital which a clinic specifically for pregnant ladies with high BMI's. I was told that I should only expect to put on about a stone or slightly more. I hope they are correct because I could really do without the extra weight.

Thanks ladies!!! :hugs: my wedding ring is really tight today and it was loose at weekend! Definitely putting it down to water retention! X

Harri it does sound like that to me, esp if your wedding ring is tight! Mine aren't just yet but I had to take them off last time as my fingers resembled sausages!

Louise my BMI is 39, so I'm not too far off you! I just retain water like nobodies business as well! I always have, even near my period I easily gain 7lbs and then lose it again afterwards. I'd love to gain only a stone! But I'm really not going to stress about how much I'm gaining :)

Definitely sounds like water retention to me harri! Like the others have said, I really wouldn't worry about how much weight you are putting on, as everyone is different. I put on 3 stone with Grace and I think I wouldn't have put on so much if I wasn't signed off work so early, I just ate so much crap! I lost a stone straight away and it took me 2 years to lose the rest! I weighed myself the other day and have put on 12lb, I haven't been eating great recently so once I start eating more healthy then i'm hoping it will steady out abit x

From what my doc said, healthy weight gain is 25-35 lbs. They also said for me, due to my weight loss in the first tri, I probably won't gain more than 20-25. At this point I'm still at -5 lbs or do, but gaining quickly now! Kind of thinking I should slow the eating down... My almost empty bottle of Tums would probably agree!

Tums are the best. I am working on a bottle of peppermint smoothie Tums now. I just watch to be sure I am not taking more than the limit on the bottle, but I am finding it takes both Zantac and Tums to keep it under control. Both at the max dose!

LB...smoothie Tums are the best! Just discovered them :) sounds like we're on a similar heartburn regimen.

Harri, you are a beautiful pregnant woman! Tell your Oh you need to be reminded daily!

Yay it's my V day! Yippee! :happydance:

My dads best friend (who works as a handy man) came today to paper our nursery in plain paper ready for us to paint it.

We are painting it Lemon Ice
We have chosen the Mamas and Papas Elfie and Mop Theme
lemon ice.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

We have also got this bed canopy from ikea

https://littlescandinavian.com/2011/05/08/kids-room-get-the-style/

We are going to make some bunting too!

I hope you like it.

Emma

Happy V day Emma!! And I LOVE the nursery bits you have chosen!
It's been quiet in here today girls, hope your all ok.
I have a question for mummys of 2 or more - did the weight of your babies increase each time or stay roughly the same? After watching obem last night I am now terrified! The woman who had that horrific labour, her first baby was the same size as Grace was and then the one she had on the show was 10lb 5oz :wacko: most people I have spoken to have had bigger babies each time. I am having regular scans so hopefully they will keep an eye on the size, but they did tell me Grace would be about 7lb lol x

Quiet in here girls!

Happy V day Emma! Love the nursery stuff, gorgeous!

Babyd I think it is usual for second babies to be a bit bigger, but I think I read it was an average of 5oz bigger? I think it's unusual for a baby as big as the one last night to go undetected as that big to be honest, normally the midwives can feel the size by palpating and measure fundal height etc, then you're sent for a scan if they are concerned. My MW told me at 30 something weeks that Holly was 'a good size' and I went for a growth scan at 36 weeks. They said to expect her to be between between 9 and 10lbs if she was born between 40 and 42 weeks. As it happened she was born at 38 weeks at 7lb 9oz, as they gain 1/2 lb a week in the last couple of weeks!

Having said that my friend had growth scans and they estimated her baby to be around 8 and 9lbs... he was 2 weeks late and was 11lb 15oz!!!! She had him naturally though, only G&A, no tear, no problems. Just goes to show you that it isn't only size that plays a part in problems. My other friend had a birth very similar to the one last night, except in ended in section and she was 2 weeks over, induced and her baby was only 6lb something x

Thanks emzy! I'm just starting to panic as I had a 3rd degree tear with grace and haemorrhaged quite badly so just thinking if this baby is bigger would it be worse?!! And I am worried that they will not estimate the size right again, they told me at 36 weeks she would be about 7lb and she was 8lb 12 and born day before due date! I suppose there's not a lot I can do and our bodies are designed to do this so will be ok! Just getting myself worked up and was trying to stay positive!

Yeah you're right there isn't much we can do about it, they have to come out some how or another! lol I had a bad tear as well. Was borderline 3rd degree (tmi- just stopped at my bum hole!) and I was stitched for 2 hours in theatre. Had no end of problems with healing, it left some scar tissue that was really painful and I couldn't have sex or anything. I had to have an operation to remove the scar tissue and be re-stitched when Holly was 8 months old. Not had any problems since it was repaired, but I'm so scared of it happening again!! They reckon there is not more of a chance of it happening again, but I've read that scar tissue, etc doesn't stretch so you're more likely to tear. But oh well, if I do, I do! Not much I can do about it I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->