June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Broodybelle...thinking of you and your family. Hope everything turns out well :hugs:

Banana day! :happydance:

I have nothing to report, just plodding along fine. I'm not having broken sleep yet but I can't seem to sleep past 9am any more, even if I don't need to get up.

When does nesting kick in? My house could do with a good clean but I haven't had the motivation to do it :blush:

my nesting seems to come and go at the min lol, one day ive loads of energy and clean the house..others i have no energy and its usually on the days i need to clean it for guests the next day or something lol

Hi Girls,

Abi I hope your okay now about the movement thing. I have exactly the same thing and get really worried and then she starts shuffling around in there so I am getting better at not worrying when I don't feel much for a couple of days!

How strange about the heart beating in the ears, my friend is 4 weeks behind me and has just emailed me to say she has this problem and what does it mean etc I can now give her the feedback from you guys!

Harri congrats on being an eggplant hun! Time is really whizzing by now isn't it! I have my 25 week midwife appt on Fri so need to makle sure I get my Matb1 form so I can tell work when I am leaving!!

By the way very jelous of your fruit I left all of mine at home today and meeting my friend for a coffee so woried I will succumb to a cake!!! I have now gained about 1st 4lbs eeek!!! xx

Broodybelle I forgot to say I am thinking of you and your family, it must be awful what your going through and i hope everyone is doing well xxx

Hi all,

Thanks for all your messages.

Turns out that baby saved my cousin's life. He went into distress so they had to deliver him and whilst she was having the c-section the scans came back that they had taken and they instantly operated on her. It was something to do with her bowel and lower intestine and if they hadn't operated when they did, she would be dead. They have had to give her a colostomy though, which is a lot for a 23 year old to have to deal with along side having a preemie baby. They are hoping that they may be able to reverse the colostomy and get enough of her bowel working in 6 months for her to lead a slightly more normal life.

Baby (still nameless) had a good night and he was actually 2lb6oz which is even better. Just hope she gets to see him soon.

Off to Barcelona in a couple of hours- really need a break.

Enjoy the rest of your week ladies. Thanks again.

xx

Oh thank god their okay. The poor girl that is a lot to deal with but at least she is alive and her and baby are in the right place for a speedy recovery.

Have a fantastic time in Barcelona hun xx

That's great news, hopefully they will both fully recover soon. Have a lovely time away - very jealous!xx

Broodybellw - that is amazing news and so so pleased everything is ok! It is amazing how people cope and hopefully the joy that her baby brings her will make up for the crappy stuff until she can get her bowel back....really hope that it all works out. I know we don't know her but there's a load of people on here championing her and her baby's recovery!

Have an amazing break hun...you deserve it! x

thats such good news :hugs: i hope you have a good break away :)

i wish i was going away somewhere :hissy: tho saying that im finding it hard to walk around for too long without paying for it that night or the next day.
i didnt get much sleep last night either, i kept getting painful kicks into the ribs! it was such a sudden awakening!

were having a house warming 2mor! so excited its the first time our friends will be seeing the house since we moved.. im suppose to be cleaning right now but just no energy ill make my self get up soon :lol:

So glad things are ok for them broodybelle! :hugs: Have a great trip!

Don't worry GemGem, I'm up by 1st 6lb :haha: trying to counteract it with the fruit :haha:

I haven't got a nesting feeling yet, I can't wait to enjoy cleaning haha!
Hope your house warming goes well Redrose!

Xx

the other day i went over board with the cleaning (addicted to dettol at the mo) and cleaned the floors and bathrooms and kitchen sides with dettol and hot water... my god the house smelt lovely to me.. my oh was like omg it smells too clean :rofl:

We're planning to decorate before baby arrives but I want to give the house a good spring clean first since there's no point in painting over dust :haha: I really can't be bothered though and other stuff keeps coming up. I'm starting to get annoyed with myself for putting it off :dohh:

OMG have just returned from my first proper exercise class (pre & post natal circuits) and i literally can't walk! I think i have done myself more harm and my SPD (which has been very very mild up til now) is friggin killing me!

The weird thing is with this spd thing is that it doesn't actually hurt to open my legs but it is just really painful afterwards.....like the pain is almost in my fanny bone area?? i am fine when i'm sat down but it REALLY hurts when i put weight on my legs???

BTW when i say it really hurts, it's clearly no where near as painful as emzy.....soz hun i just can't imagine how bad yours must be coz even a mild one kills!!!

Emzy - how was your 2nd physio btw?

OMG my friend has had her sweep this morning and they said she is 1-2cm ?? does that mean she will prob have it soon ???? She's booked in to be induced next thurs if not!

Re the nesting thing....i really hope i don't get it coz i friggin hate cleaning and besides my MIL insists on being our cleaner....who am i to stop her?

I have this thing where if stuff doesn't work out for me (ie if i'm trying to tidy or clean something and it just won't go as tidy or as clean as i want it to i get UBER SUPER angry and ball my eyes out and throw things and make it 10 times worse)...so i figure what's the point!!!

I was 2cm on the Saturday morning the day before I give brith to Ollie so 24hours later I ha him so she may well have her baby soon abi but I am sure some people can be 1-2cm for a while or slow labour just all depends on the person tell her to go for long walks.
I have days of wanting to clean and days I not wanting to but I am always like that when I clean though I properly clean and can end up doing loads.

is it normal to get achey period like pains at this point in pregnancy? its similar to the strecthing pains in the first tri

I went through a little stage of nesting a couple of weeks ago, but it soon stopped! House is a tip, but I made lists at work today of what needs doing so we can start getting organised and actually buying stuff!
Oh and I found this the other day, it's a pregnancy weight gain tracker if any of you are worried about how much you should be putting on - I thought I'd put on way to much so far, but it actually is normal! https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-estimator

is it normal to get achey period like pains at this point in pregnancy? its similar to the strecthing pains in the first tri

I have been getting a few pains, but put that down to my bladder infection. Not been getting period type pains, are they all the time? It is prob just everything moving about in there and moving further up maybe?

Am I eating too much fruit at work ladies? Can too much be bad?

View attachment 340282

I'm so paranoid I will be hungry and succumb to the vending machine I'm coming prepared but I do get through most of it in a day!

I just have a tomato and basil mugshot for lunch though!

Your fruit looks great, and as far as I know, you can't overdo it. :) Typically during pregnancy, I can't make myself eat many fruits or veggies but I had a really good salad last night for dinner and I'm still alive! :haha:

Anyway, you will most probably feel like a zombie for the first 6 weeks or so, I had no idea what day/time it was or anything but it does get better. And if you sleep during the day when baby does you would feel a lot better. It's just getting used to broken sleep that's the thing. Now this time, I won't have the opportunity to sleep when baby sleeps anyway as I will have Holly during the day! I will be SHATTERED!!

Good description of the way you feel after having a baby! I was a little worried about how that would work when ds2 was born, but I finally helped ds1 understand that a sleeping baby meant quiet time. And he has always been pretty independent so he'd color or watch a movie or play with toys in the same room while I napped. He has always been so gentle with me when I'm sleeping. DH, on the other hand, gets jumped on and wrestled with. The boys really don't give him much slack when it comes to naps. If dad is home, it is time to play!

Broodybelle, I really hope the next few months will get better for her and the baby! It sounds like it was a miracle that they did the surgery when they did and she will have a chance at raising her baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->