June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Euro - i know exactly what you mean....i'm hoping im going to be able to stay calm throughout because if i even get a whiff of anxiety or loss of control (which is bound to happen) then i will go into full on panic mode!! I have been on tablets in the past for anxiety and panic attacks and reallyreally need to make sure i use all the relaxation techniques in the book to not go down that road!!!

Good stuff with the baby clothes tho....that's awesome and means you can spend your well earned pennies on something else now eh? x

I've seen some amazing boots on ASOS that i REALLY want to buy and am thinking just treating myself whilst i can...they're £110 which is the same as the 4D scan but can't justify buying boots (which will last a lot longer than a 10 minute scan) but at the same time it seems daft not to buy them! DH has just spent £350 on a tri-bike and goodness knows how much on cycling clothes and a wetsuit so i figure i can treat myself to a pair of flamin boots!

They are cowboy boots and are tooooooo cute!

Attachments

• Bronx cowboy boots.jpg
    Bronx cowboy boots.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 2
PS they are suede tho not leather....should i still buy??? Aaaaggghhhhh will it be the last treat i get for a while??????

Hope everyone is well this morning and has had a great weekend?

I am having that same old worry that i seem to get at least once a week now....so my baby has been kicking every now and again at random points in the day for a week or 2 now. At night for about the last 10 days when i am getting ready to fall asleep she has been kicking quite a lot but yesterday she just wasnt ??? Last time i felt her really kick was lunchtime yesterday and last night in bed there was nothing. Thru the night there was nothing (I have literally been waking up every 10 mins panicking about it) and this morning nothing either....i thought i may have felt something but it might have been wind. I know i need to just stop worrying and as soon as she does kick i will feel such relief again but until that happens i am still gonna worry! GGRRRRRRRR!

Should i get the doppler out?

My bump feels less hard and big than usual today too so am wondering if she's just in an awkward position or something???

aaaagggggghhhhhhhhhh why is this so so so so freakin worrying?

Abi - try not to worry so much! I know it's hard, but if you have been feeling her fine up until now she is now probably just having a rest or changed position. My little one was having a right party in my belly all day yesterday and then stopped in the evening and haven't felt anything since, it's probably cos he wore himself out so much!
And you definitely have to get those boots!! You might aswell treat yourself while you can, I would love to be able to justify spending that much on myself, can't remember the last time I did!
23 weeks today :happydance: and still a papaya lol x

Abi treat yourself :) you'll need some sturdy boots for walking in when you are heavily pregnant and as its winter now you need to make sure you don't slip over ;)

That would be my excuse lol

Congrats to everyone on their v days and hugs to all who are suffering :hugs:

Can't believe I only have 5 days left to double digits:happydance:

Got a much needed day off today so we are off to look at a nursery, can't believe they fill up so quickly around here. Went to see one last week that can't guarantee us a place for jan 2013!! And if I was to take a years maternity I would have to reserve a place now for next June :wacko:

I'll pm my details in a mo
Enjoy your day ladies

Abic- Try not to worry about the movements she has maybe moved positions which are harder to feel I was the same last night i usually feel her moving lots when I am in bed but didnt have anything then nothing this morning until now I have sat down and drank a glass of water and she is having a roll about.

its crazy the worry they give us from not moving, i was the same this morning because she usually wakes me up with kicks and very hyper so i panicked abit and got the doppler out

im sure your little girl is either asleep or just turned a way you cant feel :hugs:

Whilst on the foot wear subject, ladies that've had LOs already, is it true your foot size can be changed by pregnancy? Z

Whilst on the foot wear subject, ladies that've had LOs already, is it true your foot size can be changed by pregnancy? Z

Yeh your feet can go bigger because they swell up! I don't think mine changed with Grace though, so hoping not this time!x

OMG laura are you like uber tall???

i'm meant to be working but can't stop eating and surfing for changing bags, baby bouncers, mattress research, nursing chairs etc etc. Decided to buy a chair but would like to buy a normal armchair that can go into our bedroom eventually but can't find anything and all so expensive!

whilst i'm thinking about it, all of you with LO already.....did any of you use those baby breathing sensors you can buy to put under the mattress?? i am in 2 minds whether to get one or not as some poeple say they give you a false sense of security but then how would you know if your baby stops breathing?? i'm so scared of cotdeath i just know i won't be able to rest easy and sleep as i'll be too worried??

When does the risk of cot death drop?

im planning on getting my crocs out again soon as its warm enough i bet they will be lovely to wear later on in pregnancy cuz there is just no restrictions on your feet, its started to warm up over here already, we have sunny spells (mixed with rain) but mostly hot, id say we might get an early summer again during thr spring and then a wet summer :dohh:

OMG laura are you like uber tall???

i'm meant to be working but can't stop eating and surfing for changing bags, baby bouncers, mattress research, nursing chairs etc etc. Decided to buy a chair but would like to buy a normal armchair that can go into our bedroom eventually but can't find anything and all so expensive!

whilst i'm thinking about it, all of you with LO already.....did any of you use those baby breathing sensors you can buy to put under the mattress?? i am in 2 minds whether to get one or not as some poeple say they give you a false sense of security but then how would you know if your baby stops breathing?? i'm so scared of cotdeath i just know i won't be able to rest easy and sleep as i'll be too worried??

When does the risk of cot death drop?

I'm 5 9" but have a 35 inch inside leg, rapidly starting to resemble a lollipop with the bump!

I'm not going for a sensor pad, I will have her in the same room as us first couple of months, and then we are in a flat so just got a relatively cheap monitor. Reason being that as far as I can tell, cot death risk is first month? They can only call it that for a certain time I know that much!
A friend of mine lost her little girl to SIDS last year, it definitely plays on my mind, but I'm not sure about the details, is it something they can be revived from if you are made aware they aren't breathing? I'm pretty clueless really! X

the first 6 months babies are considered at risk for cot death, after 6 months the chance of cot death drops.. but a neighbour or mine, her daughter died at 11 months of cot death, its a scary thought that plays in my mind all the time..
we def will be getting the sensor pad, id rather it go off falsely a few times then not get one and just.. you never know its my worst fear i think..

plus she will be in our room for the first 6-12 months depending on how i feel, so far the cot is in a difference room but i might put it into our room if i dont want her going into a different room

Hi Girls,

Laura your build sounds so similar to me, I'm 5ft 9 and a shoe size 8 so really don't want them swelling up any bigger!!!!

Anyone else starting to suffer with feeling tired again in the afternoons? I cannot keep my eyes open today and could do with a nap!

Abi glad you treated yourself to the boots. I think pregnancy is one big worry that never stops even once we hold our bubbas in our arms, at least we have each other to talk too as we all seem to worry about the same things!

I am in 2 minds about the sensor to go under the mattress too, I have my monitor which is the BT Pacifier but might get the Angel Care off Ebay as an extra?
xxx

Wow that's such a scary thought, it never even crossed my mind, I think I'll go for a sensor! Are they purely for cots or can they be used in a Moses basket?

Omg GemGem yes, I am really struggling to stay awake today! I'm so so tired!

I think we are going for the BT pacifier too! Xx

Yes cot death is mainly before 6 months sometime later for premature babies. At 5-6 months babies start being able to roll on their front and back and lift their heads so less risk.
Getting the sensor pad too... Was thinking it is a bit too much but then it's not that much more expensive than the normal one I would want to get and my friend has it and said it did not go off too often.

Hows your gingerbread theme nursery going GemGem? We ended up going for a nautical and clouds theme. Xx

Oh and ladies, for the first 6 months the recommendation is no cot bumpers or loose covers in the bed. So either dress the baby warm enough (vest under PJ) or use a correct size sleeping bag. That's the latest recommendation regarding SIDS... Co-sleeping has still not been linked to an increased risk however there was a women in the news who asphyxiated both her twins by rolling over in her sleep! I wouldn't trust myself or OH if we were exhausted and will not co-sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->