June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

oh thats awful news red, so sorry to hear that.x

wow that would be big babyd but im sure it wont be anyhting near that at all. i had some strange dreams about getting stuff too. baby was already here but we didnt have anything for them and all the shops were shut.

thank god its friday! been a very long week and didnt get much sleep again last night as hubster was at a dining in night and didnt roll in til half 1 :/

Awful news about the little twins :( so so sad!

We went for a 4D scan yesterday, trying to make myself feel better about OH going away (it's France he's going to, his "high value" client is coming back from the Bahamas and now going skiing for a month in France. Nice for some eh?
No way he can get out of it.

So the scan was useless, she was in extended breech position, quite literally had her legs pulled up straight in front of her and over her head. Little moo. Looked awfully uncomfortable! Managed to rebook for tomorrow, but have to take an epic drive to east London for it!!!! Argh! They did the usual growth part of the scan, said she is just under 2lbs by measurements, and her EDD by measurements is 3/6/12....which is my due date by ovulation and my birthday! We shall see!
Spent way too long in self ridges looking at designer baby stuff, couldn't believe the prices of it!!! 53 quid for an Armani dummy, and that was the cheapest thing I saw!!!!!

Xxx

Sorry to hear about your friend RedRose. That's so sad :nope:

I had a weird dream last night that I was watching a documentary on TV about prams, and then panicked because I'd bought the wrong one! I'm pretty sure no such TV show exists :haha:

I think I may have popped a bit overnight. I feel bigger this morning.

We went for a 4D scan yesterday, trying to make myself feel better about OH going away (it's France he's going to, his "high value" client is coming back from the Bahamas and now going skiing for a month in France. Nice for some eh?

So the scan was useless, she was in extended breech position, quite literally had her legs pulled up straight in front of her and over her head. Little moo. Looked awfully uncomfortable! Managed to rebook for tomorrow, but have to take an epic drive to east London for it!!!! Argh! They did the usual growth part of the scan, said she is just under 2lbs by measurements, and her EDD by measurements is 3/6/12....which is my due date by ovulation and my birthday! We shall see!
Spent way too long in self ridges looking at designer baby stuff, couldn't believe the prices of it!!! 53 quid for an Armani dummy, and that was the cheapest thing I saw!!!!!

Xxx

What is your other EDD Gemini? With Grace my EDD by period ect was 16th Jan, but I got given 27th Jan at the scan - she was born the 26th Jan and midwifes/doctors said she looked like an overdue baby so I still go by my first date!
At my last scan, they said my due date by size was the 5th June which is nearly 2 weeks before! But they said it was just his size that made it that :dohh: Hopefully you will get a better look tomorrow!x

So sorry redrose about your friend. That is incredibly sad!

Had very very stressful couple of weeks, culminating las night with a massive fall out with the In laws... Basically we got ripped off by my OH's brother in law who is a tradesman (and it seems the dodgy type). Anyway I complained to him on his voicemail and he proceeded to play the voicemail to the whole family saying I was rude and ungrateful and finding absolutely ridiculous excuses for charging us 3 times the price and doing a job that is not within building regulations.
So I am the mean, rude French one that rubbed his nose in it when everyone in that family is always nicey nicey... Basically I should be screwed over and say thanks with a big smile.
So unfair I want to cry.

Anyhow OH is increasingly worried I am too stressed for the baby. My tummy was so tense last night and I had a dream I was bleeding :(

Xxx

What is your other EDD Gemini? With Grace my EDD by period ect was 16th Jan, but I got given 27th Jan at the scan - she was born the 26th Jan and midwifes/doctors said she looked like an overdue baby so I still go by my first date!
At my last scan, they said my due date by size was the 5th June which is nearly 2 weeks before! But they said it was just his size that made it that :dohh: Hopefully you will get a better look tomorrow!x

NHS EDD is 31st may, so only 3 days in it, but I reckon she will be a true junebug! Lol

Euro nova, I don't mean to be crass but he sounds a complete dick! How old is he? What's he running off to his parents for? End of the day, a customer is a customer, and you have a right to be treated as such! It does sound like you're stressed out, try and back away from it and let your OH deal with some of it, you and bubs health is more important, sod em I say! ;) x

Ok ladies, I have a couple of questions for those who have LOs already, I don't want to post these in main forums as I don't wish to be judged and I feel comfortable that won't appen here as we know each other now.

1) what REALLY happens to your lady bits from childbirth, my OH once told me that after his ex had his LO, sex felt different, what's your opinion on the changes?

2) my boobs ALREADY look like a "before" picture on a plastic surgeons website, I just wondered what breast feeding does to them? I'm still set on giving it a go, but without wanting to sound silly, I've seen my mums nipples, they're BIG she says BFing me and brother did that...truth?

3)what are the real cons to BFing, we all know the benefits (thanks 20th midwife in a row) but what don't they tell us?

4)did you or your OHs attitude sex wise change after? I'm very scared he won't find me attractive any longer, we are only 26, he's uber fit and muscly, just feel an amount of pressure (indirect) from him to ping back, not helped by the fact mother of his LO is a twig.....

Honest answers much appreciated, hope these don't make me sound shallow, I just want to be mentally prepared for what's to come!!!

Thanks girls! X

babyd i have a feeling thats whats going to happen to me, by my period date baby is 10 days further along and im sure my dates are right simply because i felt her kick very early and just some mile stones seem to come about sooner.. but there going on the length of my baby but my mother said we were all very short when born because she her self is short and reckons her body wouldnt cope with a longer baby. anyway i suppose ill have to wait and see.

gemini i hope your not under pressure to get back into shape right after we will all need time to rest and adjust to our new life style, altho saying that my wedding is 6 weeks after lo is due :( im hoping i can look some what normal by then.. as in not tired and worn out look.

Ok ladies, I have a couple of questions for those who have LOs already, I don't want to post these in main forums as I don't wish to be judged and I feel comfortable that won't appen here as we know each other now.

1) what REALLY happens to your lady bits from childbirth, my OH once told me that after his ex had his LO, sex felt different, what's your opinion on the changes?

2) my boobs ALREADY look like a "before" picture on a plastic surgeons website, I just wondered what breast feeding does to them? I'm still set on giving it a go, but without wanting to sound silly, I've seen my mums nipples, they're BIG she says BFing me and brother did that...truth?

3)what are the real cons to BFing, we all know the benefits (thanks 20th midwife in a row) but what don't they tell us?

4)did you or your OHs attitude sex wise change after? I'm very scared he won't find me attractive any longer, we are only 26, he's uber fit and muscly, just feel an amount of pressure (indirect) from him to ping back, not helped by the fact mother of his LO is a twig.....

Honest answers much appreciated, hope these don't make me sound shallow, I just want to be mentally prepared for what's to come!!!

Thanks girls! X

1 - I asked my dh this the other day and he said that he honestly doesn't feel a difference (and neither do I!) I tore completely from back to front, so had to be stitched up so maybe this is why?!

2 - I had a breast enlargement 6 months before I fell pregnant with Grace, so don't know if this makes a difference, but my nipples are bigger now! And abit droopier!

3 - PAIN! I can't give you a proper honest answer because I only done it for 2 days, but the pain and the fact I had no help contributed to me giving up so soon!

4 - Our sex life did change at first, but only because you are soooo tired in the early days and having a baby in the room with you is a slight turn off! I was worried that DH wouldn't find me attractive anymore as I got awful stretch marks and put on alot of weight, but he was constantly telling me how beautiful I was and said he found me even more attractive because I carried his child, so i'm sure your OH would feel the same!

Thanks keep em coming! Lol I suppose I do feel pressured, it's me doing it I suppose,I'm the first of all my girl friends to have a baby, I felt heartbroken putting away my going out dresses with the feeling that I won't ever get back to what I was, and annoyingly I wish I'd appreciated the figure I had more, I always felt I needed to lose weight as it was! Just very conscious that OH has always been idiotic enough to like the slim fashionable types....I know if I told him how I felt he would be upset, but I know him well enough to know that he doesn't want me looking like a frumpy mum, we have always been very honest with each other, too much so at some times, I know things about him I really wish I didn't! (like the fact he cheated on his ex whilst she was pregnant, more than once!) he swears he would never do this to me, and I believe him, Im just wary of the fact he likes attention from women, (his words) he likes to know all the work he puts into his body is worth it? God I'm making him sound a meat had prick, he isn't, he's just a bit of a tart and in the past has has his head turned by tarts! Lol x

i think its normal to become insecure when pregnant and not feeling physically your self, ive heard stories with similar feelings, im always worried about mine and oh's sex life as its literally next to none existent at the mo

but like babyd said im sure he will find u very attractive for being the woman who carried his child :flower:
tho i know what u mean about being sad to be the first one of your friends to have a baby, im 21 and im the youngest out of my group of friends, and we had actually planned to go to Australia for a year.. then we found out i was preg :wacko: and im so happy of course as before we gave up we were trying so long but def know the being left out sort of thing.. but once all our babies start arriving im sure these worries will all go because you wont care as its so worth it for bubs :)

Ah Gemini :hugs: I am feeling insecure at the mo cos DH doesn't want to go near me and I keep thinking it's because i'm fat bla bla bla but I know it is only because he finds it abit weird with the baby getting bigger!
You don't have to be a frumpy mum, I look at pics from a month after I had Grace and I look great, but I let myself go in the 2 years that followed and only managed to get to pre baby weight before I fell pregnant again! I know this time to be alot more careful and I enjoy going to the gym now, so will definitely be back!
I was only 21 when Grace was born and the first of all my friends to get pregnant, so I felt like I would never go out and feel like you again - but you will! You have to make time for yourself otherwise you will go insane! We make sure we go out or have a nice meal at least once a month, and DH has his time with his friends and I have mine. Maybe you should talk to him and say how you are feeling and it might help you to feel better? :hugs:

Thanks girls! X

1. He can't tell any difference at all, I can slightly, but not much. I feel a bit wider iykwim and was worried that he'd be able to feel that too, but he says I don't feel or look any different at all. I also have a slight cervical prolapse, but he says that he can't feel any difference with that either. I can't in general, but only after walking a long way or something. When I look in the mirror, I can see a slight difference in that I look a bit wider, but nothing too drastic and he swears he can't tell any difference. It really does go pretty much back to normal, it's amazing how elastic things must be down there!!

2. I'm sorry to say it's pregnancy that gives women saggy boobs and not breastfeeding. it's the hormones in pregnancy that make the changes in preparation for bf that do the damage rather than the bf itself. I have to say my boobs have headed south since having Holly. I used to have big but quite pert looking boobies but now they sag downwards more. My nipples looked no different after I had BF Holly for 2 weeks. But some women's nipples get bigger after pregnancy, but again it's pregnancy hormones that cause this not breastfeeding itself.

3. Honestly? Breastfeeding is HARD! I had a bit of a tough time with Holly as she was born early and jaundiced which meant she was very sleepy and so struggled to feed. I did BF her for 2 weeks but then switched to bottles as she lost lots of weight and was not well. It hurts when you are getting used to them latching and the let down really hurts for a few seconds after they start feeding. On around the 3rd day, you can become engorged as your milk comes in. Your boobs go rock hard, so full of milk you feel you might burst and they are sooo hot. It was so so painful! I slept with cold wet flannels over my boobs and simply could not wear a bra. It really hurt! But it only lasted a day or 2. Despite all of this I am still going to give it another go this time, as I really think if you can get past the hard bit to start with, that it is the easier option after then. I was always envious of my friends who BF that their babies would cry as they were hungry and all they had to do was lift them and feed them, whereas I'd have to faff around with heating bottles, etc and listen to her cry whilst she waited for a feed. Also Holly had bad colic (which was AWFUL!) and I think bf babies have less colic, so I am determined to give it another shot this time.

4. He honestly couldn't care less and feels no differently about me sexually than he did before. I on the other hand feel less attractive than I did before, mainly because I am covered in stretch marks and my boobs have sagged. I am not a small girl to start with, but I always felt sexy before but less so after having Holly. It doesn't help that I had all sorts of problems with my tear healing and that was only repaired when Holly was 8 months old, so we only could properly start having sex again after that.I think I just started to get back to feeling myself in that department when I fell pregnant this time. But my DH honestly doesn't feel any different (or so he says/acts). I asked him if he was less attracted to me sexually after seeing a baby come out of my vagina and he said not at all! lol

Wooah sorry for the epic reply!!

oh yeah.. today is v day for me :D i keep forgetting!!!! also we have our pre marriage course tonight so worried ill get judged :dohh:

Oh and you don't have to turn out to be a frumpy mum at all! I did a bit to begin with, didn't bother straightening my hair or doing my make up and felt like shit to be honest! So When Holly was around 8 weeks old I went and had my hair cut and bought some new clothes and made sure I did my hair every day and put on a face of make up, even if I wasn't going out anywhere special. It made the world of difference to how I felt and I'm sure DH appreciated me making more of an effort too! You can be one of these yummy mummies with your hair and make up done and nice clothes and your posh iCandy pram, shopping in town, far from frumpy ;-)

No emzywemzy that's great, really appreciate the honest answers! I feel terrified generally, I said to OH the other night, "what if it's like getting a puppy, and you don't know if you'll actually like being a mother?" he thought this was hilarious, but it scares me! I just feel like I've lost everything in common with friends, and can only do pregnancy/baby talk. Feel like I'll never be me again! X

Oh and you don't have to turn out to be a frumpy mum at all! I did a bit to begin with, didn't bother straightening my hair or doing my make up and felt like shit to be honest! So When Holly was around 8 weeks old I went and had my hair cut and bought some new clothes and made sure I did my hair every day and put on a face of make up, even if I wasn't going out anywhere special. It made the world of difference to how I felt and I'm sure DH appreciated me making more of an effort too! You can be one of these yummy mummies with your hair and make up done and nice clothes and your posh iCandy pram, shopping in town, far from frumpy ;-)

This is sooo true!! You feel amazing when you make the effort, and somehow it makes you feel better that you look great with a baby/toddler lol I can't wait til after, I think it will make the world of difference that this is a summer baby - I was stuck in for weeks after having Grace because of the crap weather. We have a wedding 4 weeks after I am due, so I am going to make sooo much effort to look nice so people can say how great I look so soon after having a baby :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->