June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Ok ladies, I have a couple of questions for those who have LOs already, I don't want to post these in main forums as I don't wish to be judged and I feel comfortable that won't appen here as we know each other now.

1) what REALLY happens to your lady bits from childbirth, my OH once told me that after his ex had his LO, sex felt different, what's your opinion on the changes?

2) my boobs ALREADY look like a "before" picture on a plastic surgeons website, I just wondered what breast feeding does to them? I'm still set on giving it a go, but without wanting to sound silly, I've seen my mums nipples, they're BIG she says BFing me and brother did that...truth?

3)what are the real cons to BFing, we all know the benefits (thanks 20th midwife in a row) but what don't they tell us?

4)did you or your OHs attitude sex wise change after? I'm very scared he won't find me attractive any longer, we are only 26, he's uber fit and muscly, just feel an amount of pressure (indirect) from him to ping back, not helped by the fact mother of his LO is a twig.....

Honest answers much appreciated, hope these don't make me sound shallow, I just want to be mentally prepared for what's to come!!!

Thanks girls! X

1. I haven't noticed any difference, and my OH says he hasn't either (I've asked him before lol) I had an episiotomy (because of forceps) as well, but that didn't cause any problems - actually I can't even feel where it was; I can't find a scar. It has been nearly 12 years since I had Aimee though.

2 & 3. I didn't breastfeed so I can't comment. I've decided to formula feed again this time, I don't think BFing is for me.

4. No change, really. We were very young, horny teenagers though (both 18) when Aimee was born. We had sex 3 weeks after the birth, which was silly in hindsight especially since I'd had stitches but hey ho. It did wain off a bit in the first year or so but it resolved itself. My OH has never commented on my body even though I put on a lot of weight and got loads of stretch marks. I don't think men are as concerned about stuff like that as us women are.

Hope that helps :)

I know what you mean Gemini as I felt the same. I was the first of my friends to have a baby and was so worried that I was going to miss everything, all the going out and getting drunk and dressing up and stuff. But you know what, after I'd had Holly I didn't WANT to do those things any more. When Holly was 10 weeks old me and DH went on a night out with a bunch of friends. I got all dressed up and I remember standing there after several glasses of wine thinking, this isn't me anymore. I think a nice way to look at it is it being a new chapter in your life. Your life will be different after you've had a baby, but how much it changes is ultimately up to you. You can still get dressed up and go out with your mates if that's what you want, but if you're anything like me, you might find that you don't want to anyway. I kind of left my old life (and a lot of my old 'friends' who don't have time for me anymore) behind and embraced the new one. I started going to lots of baby groups and met Mums in my area. I now have lots of Mummy friends, most of which are my age and we go places like soft play and groups together, or out shopping, or out for lunch or something and we also go for the odd night out! It's great. I still dress nicely and straighten my hair and put my make up on every day and make sure I go out and do something every day too (well, when I don't have SPD grrr). I don't feel like I lost the old me, I feel like I gained a new me which I was more than ready for, as tbh I was bored of doing the same old things with the same old people all the time! I'm now much more confident and social than I ever was before I had Holly.

that was very comforting to read emzy, i suppose as a first time mom you worry about your social life and the friends u have.. i dont have a load of friends.. just my girls from school :) we have stayed friends since secondary school id hate to lost contact with them, we have even asked one of them to be our god mother of our baby girl, and she and 3 others are my bridesmaids.

tho im hoping to make some other mommy friends..

Front page is updated with details of those who dropped me a message, sure there's a few more still using the thread that havent so let me know your newest EDD and team colour! Not long now! Eeeeeeeeek! X

Front page is updated with details of those who dropped me a message, sure there's a few more still using the thread that havent so let me know your newest EDD and team colour! Not long now! Eeeeeeeeek! X

Hi gemini! Please add me to the front page! I'm due June 18th....and I'm having a little girl! x

i was thinking the same... it think its either the bump site crashed again or its bnb!

i cant wait til next week when my fruit finally moves again :haha: tho ive been getting emails each week from them and they have different fruit for the past 3 weeks :shrug: even tho the ticker doesnt

Gemini you missed me off the first page :(
June 18th with a little boy x

heya, just a quick one before i head off to the supermarket.
one of my new friends on the married patch comes to yoga with me, hubster works with her husband. she is a few weeks ahead of me, she's due may 14th and was rushed to hospital last night with sharp pains. turns out after 4d scanning the membranes have detached or something (hubster was telling me and he hasnt a clue so may have got it slightly wrong, and i havent a clue whats what still) she is okay and baby is doing fine at the moment but they are looking to do an emergency c-section over the weekend. will they both be alright? i know i was born 3 months early with mum having pre-eclampsia but this is a bit different. bit of a shock as everything was going great with her and she had no problems at all throughout her pregnancy so far.

Statistics are good for prems that age, but she's in for a long journey. Will be keeping everything crossed xx

How many weeks is she Jelly? I'm sure everything will be fine as they haven't given her a c-section straight away and I don't think they would consider it if they didn't think it was necessary and they are probably confident that everything will be ok.
How terrible though, she must be devastated x

She will be 29weeks on Monday. She is still in hospital so will have to wait and see what Paul finds out at work on Monday from her other half. Unfortunately due to the job he does he will have to pop in for an hour to sort some things out before getting back to her.
Can't imagine how they are feeling, got all my fingers and toes crossed

Your poor friend. The chances are at that gestation baby will do fine with some help for a few weeks.

Got my confirmation letter from work, I'm officially starting my maternity leave in just over 2 weeks! Eek!

I'm sure everything will be fine, 29 weeks is obviously early but the statistics are good and they have probably given her steroids to mature babies lungs.

That's mad how fast it has come round Emzy! I put in all my forms this week and have worked out that I have 4 weeks at work, then a weeks holiday and then 3 weeks back and i'm off so not long at all! That's if my SPD doesn't get any worse, it's been really painful this week.
I have just noticed that my feet look sooo puffy already! They look awful x

hope your friend isn't in hospital too long jelly xx
Im getting scred bp will start to rise soon and protein will to and then they sign me off work which I don't want as I only work weekends.
Had a pressure feeling in eyes/head tuesday but went after I had bp tablet so going to ring midwife if it happens again
Hope everyones ok xx

I know it feels weird to be starting mat leave this early! But as my contract ends before I'm due back, it really doesn't matter. They pay the whole 39 weeks mat pay even though my contract finishes before then too, so that's fab.

Not sure if youve seen on fb, but mrs Craig has given birth to little angel wyatt. I feel devestated for her and her family.

God bless and keep watch over little Wyatt xxxx

I've just seen that. How awful for her and her family. My thoughts are with them Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->