June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Yeah I have been told to avoid everything now and rest as I have bled twice now

Mine does cover the cervix- which is why I bled. Just can never remember how to spell 'praevia' (I had to look it up).

xx

Will you be able to get much rest whilst looking after Ollie FB?

I can never spell it either Broody! I have a scan at 32 weeks and hoping mine will have moved up by then. It did last time :)

I have a really sore throat and can't swallow very easily, starving but couldn't eat my tea as it hurts to swallow :cry:

Ah glad you're ok FB. Take it easy!

For those who are interested, in my shit loads of time to do FA, I researched castor oil (by mouth) from what I found, the reason it can be dangerous is because it's a laxative, and has laxative effects on the bubba, potentially leading to them taking a poop too early, leading to the whole "inhaled meconium" situation.

Xxx

It does, it makes baby do a poo! My friend used castor oil to induce both her labours. The first was fine, but the second was a super fast labour and had meconium in waters and baby got distressed. Also it can dehydrate mum as it makes you have diarrhoea, which is also dangerous for baby. I wouldn't risk it personally!

No way would I ever take it, scares the life out of me! A hot curry was as far as I went last time - it did work though!
I had a really good nights sleep last night, woken up all refreshed today. Hope you feel better soon Emzy, I had the whole sore throat/cold last week it was horrible. x

Emzy- I have a lot of people around who are offering to have him for me mil has had him yesterday and to sleep last night and I am going to spend the day up there so I am with him but she can do the lifting and things

That's good fb, glad you've got lots of people to help x

Babyd I'm not sure what worked for me, as we tried a variety of things! In the 2 weeks before labour, I had 2 cups of raspberry leaf tea a day and bounced on my ball for an hour a night. Then the day before I had my bloody show and started cramping we had reggae reggae jerk chicken which was really spicey! The next day I walked all around town for hours, we had a hot curry and it was the night of a meteor shower, so we went out wishing on shooting stars! Then we dtd and I woke up in labour! So who knows if any of those set me off!!

I've got to go to hospital for a pointless anaesthetic referral today. They make you go for one if you have a high BMI, in case you end up needed a spinal, a general or want an epidural as there are more chances of complications if you are overweight. I didn't bother going last time and got bollocked ha ha! It's stupid really, seeing as I successfully had a spinal when I was stitched then last year had a general with no problems when my stitches were repaired, so isn't that enough?! lol I feel like crap with this sore throat but I might as well get it over and done with, seeing as I've already rearranged once already!

Emzy- that is rubbish that you have to go for that already having had a spinal and things. Hope you feel better soon.
Gemini- yay for 3rd tri

I am just getting ready to go mil I can't stay in the house no longer so going there so Ivan spend the day with Ollie I miss him.

:happydance: :happydance: Yay Gemini! The final stretch!

FB I know that feeling, DH took Holly out yesterday for her tea to give me a bit of peace and quiet and time to myself... I didn't know what to do with myself! I just sat waiting for them to come back ha ha! It was so cute as well, as he pushed her through the door in her pushchair and she was holding a big bunch of flowers for me with a big smile on her face! Apparently picked them herself too! :cloud9:

Aw thats lovely Emzy. I know I dont know what to do with myself I know he is loving it and getting taken out all over which I cant do but I have spent the past 18month with him and its weird not having him around I dont know what I did without him before I hate been sat about but this is what I am going to be doing for the next 3 month until little girl arrives.

Happy third tri Gemini!
God Emzy you done loads - I did have raspberry leaf tea and bounced on my ball for weeks before, but I was in early labour since the Wednesday so had a hot curry the saturday night and went into full blown labour on the sunday so I swear it was the curry!
I had that anaesthetic referral when I was pregnant with Grace cos of my dodgy bones and have to have it again this time which I think is stupid!
Hubby told me last night that he won't be here for my next scan at 28 weeks and my mum is away on holiday, so abit upset I will have to go on my own :(

aw that's rubbish :( I had to go for my 32 week growth scan on my own last time as DH was at an important meeting so couldn't come. It was actually quite nice going on my own, felt like I got an extra peek just for me! He came to the 36 week one though :)

FB I know, I often think back and wonder what I did with my time before Holly! And soon enough, we will be wondering what we did with our time with just 1 toddler to look after ha ha!

Babyd what did they do at the referral? x

Yeh I have one at 32 and 36 weeks aswell, so it's not like he is missing out!
Errrm I can't remember exactly, feels like ages ago but all I can remember is him just explaining about the epi and feeling my back to see if I was able to have one and if it would cause any damage! Was only in there like 15mins I think, so not sure what would have changed this time around!x

Seems sooo pointless!! lol Oh well, I live close to the hospital so not too much of a problem. But I've got my friend over to look after Holly, as can't be doing with taking her to appointments as she starts squirming and squawking! Got my GTT on Monday as well, oh joy!!

Is anyone else getting to this time of the day and feeling reaaally tired?! I'm shattered come 2pm every day!

I'm exhausted all day, Emzy! Might be the low iron. Or the lack of sleep. Or the extra hours I'm having to work due to my staff member leaving. I am actually a little jealous of you bed rest people, although I know I wouldn't enjoy it either after a few days :)

Helloooooooo everyone!! Long time no speak!!

Firstly...BabyD...thank you so much for thinking about me hun...i am really good but just not been able to get on for a few days due to work etc! I love you guyus you are all so sweet :)

Emzy...your bump is beautiful hun!! your clothes don't do it justice...you should get it out more often! Really blooming and lovely! Your bday treats for you and your DH sound fab too!!!

Redrose & FB....so glad everything is ok for you both....what scary experiences! If ever you needed an excuse to take care of yourselves and CHILL out and put your feet up then it is now!! I can imagine it does get a bit frustrating though having to limit what you can do but at least it's only for a few weeks really! A friend of mine found out at 3/4 months that her cervix was too wide so she was on bedrest for her whole pregnancy...i mean like she had a bedpan and everything and she was only allowed to raise her shoulders to a certain level to avoid gravity taking hold! This was a few years ago now and the baby was fine etc BUT when she was trying for her second she had a procedure to sew her up so she didn't have the bedrest thing! what a nightmare! would drive me properly nuts!!!

Gemini....gutted for you hun that OH is off to France for a month.....seriously though, why don't you hop on the Eurostar and get a train down to wherever he is for a week or 2?? France is amazing and you could hobble about the chic french boutiques for classy little french clothes!!

Broody.....how is your cousin and her little boy these days? I hope they are both well and still making a strong recovery?

Euro - I really wish i felt that horny like you do!!!!! I just feel really fat, unattractive and weird at the moment so can think of nothing worse which is such a shame coz i would love to feel hot, sexy and horny :-( Was DH birthday this week and couldnt even muster up a birthday blowy for him !! Crap wife that i am!!!

With regard to having the runs...i also have been a bit of both all the way thru this pregnancy....I also have IBS and before pregnancy I would normally poo at like 7am and then would again at 9.30 am and then either once or twice or 3 more times per day! I now struggle to poo in the morning at all but if i do it is properly runny (mmm YUMMY!!) and then that's it all day. I get poo pains and wind pains and to be honest its those pains that make it painful to bend over, put socks on and definitely can't get my UGG boots on (the ones i got in america!).

Speaking of boots....I got those cowboy boots from ASOS and loved them but I just can't get my feet into them :-( I have to send them back now which makes me wanna cry but hey ho I'm sure I'll find some more sometime soon!

Is anyone finishing work like nearer their due date?? I was gonna finish on Fri 25th May (due 26th) but I have a weeks holiday so taking that the week prior so am now officially finishing on the 18th May! Feels really late compared to everyone else!!

Has anyone else's bumps shrunk??? I take a photo every weekend at the same time before breakfast and somehow the 27 week picture loooks so much smaller than the 26 week picture! Its like she must have been hiding in my pelvis or back or something as my bump started from my belly button downwards rather than from just under my boobs!

I am addicted to Pot Noodles BTW....not the best nutrients for my baby but i can't stop myself! Am listening to an audiobook called Brain Rules for baby which is just fascinating!!! The guy who wrote it has been studying brains etc for 20+ years and it is just so insightful and tells you what does and doesn't make a difference in terms of what will help your baby's brain develop. Let's put it this way...my baby ain't gonna be too bright OR an athlete unless i up my veg and omega 3 intake!!

I got it free on audible.co.uk (part of amazon) but it's only £3.99 and is by John Medina!

Right....i am off to get myself physched up for antenatal class!!! I'm not sure what's involved coz its called 'parentcraft'.....is that the same as antenatal?? I'm scared of all the plastic vaginas and chavs!!! (thanks Laura to your mate for that insight!!)

Happy thursday all! xoxoxo

PS it's taken me around 3 hours to write this as keep getting people walking past my PC and don't want anyone seeing what i'm doing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->