June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Big hugs mrs Craig. So sorry for your loss of your gorgeous little man.

Big hugs to MrsCraig. No words could ever express how sorry I am for your loss. As everyone has already said, you sound like such a strong and amazing woman. I hope that whatever you find out will give you further strength to cope. My heart goes out to you and I hope that when you're ready your journey in TTC won't be too long and that you'll be blessed with a happy healthy baby.

xx

Well I'm back home, I've been away for a week on a training course.

Huge hugs to those who need them or want them.

Loving the bump pics, I really should try to do one. Kept saying when I first got pg that we would do one each week and so far I have done 0 lol.

Off to third tri on Monday can't believe how fast time is now going.

Notice a few of us are starting to find things uncomfortable so glad it's not just me. Do you find tho people don't seem to be as sympathetic when you tell them 6/7 months? I'm getting a bit fed up with being told its only gonna get worse! Well duh think I know that.

Is anyone else looking forwards to starting mat leave?

As some of you know, we lost Wyatt at 25 weeks.

he was 1lb and 10 inches. and as beautiful as can be. he had beautiful big lips and black hair like his dad.

we arent entirely sure yet what happened but we have an appointment on March 5th to get more info.

but we are doing ok. it was hard at first but we have accepted that God knows what His plan is for us and we are waiting for Him to bless us again.

thank you ladies for all the info you provided, being there to talk to and sharing in my pregnancy. hopefully we will see you again soon.

love, Chantelle <3

Sending you and your family strength and best wishes :hugs:

Razra the thing I found most frustrating about being pregnant first time around was the "Oh you just wait til...

... you are 9 months pregnant, THEN you will know what uncomfortable is!"

... the baby arrives, THEN you will know what tired is"

... you're actually in labour, THEN you will want pain relief"

etc etc etc blah blah blah

It annoyed me so much! And as for the tiredness one, it's a load of rubbish as yes, babies wake up for feeds during the night but I found I got much more sleep and was much more rested once Holly was here than I did when I was pregnant!! Between the getting up for a wee, SPD, Braxton Hicks, restless legs, leg cramps, hot weather... the list goes on... I hardly got any sleep whilst pregnant so it was a relief when she was born!!

I've not actually been too bad at night so far, well not as bad as last time anyway. Maybe that's because I'm more used to broken sleep through having Holly? I am still up a couple of times for a wee and a couple of times due to not being comfy through SPD, but I seem to be getting lots more sleep than last pregnancy. I guess I am not working at the mo as well, so I can nap during the day, whereas I was working last time so that makes a big difference.

As for maternity leave, I start mine in a week! I have been off sick for the last 10 weeks though with SPD, so it's not really anything different for me lol It feels weird that I will be starting mat leave so early, but it doesn't matter as I'm not going back anyway. It's a nice relief that I don't have to think about work again! I think come December when my SMP runs out I will probably just get a Saturday job. I tried being a working Mum and I didn't like it, I want to be at home to look after my babies!!

Oh and the "you just wait til..." doesn't stop second time around either... I keep getting "you just wait til the new baby arrives, you won't know what's hit you/Holly will run you ragged/you won't have a minute to yourself" and other helpful comments like that!

As some of you know, we lost Wyatt at 25 weeks.

he was 1lb and 10 inches. and as beautiful as can be. he had beautiful big lips and black hair like his dad.

we arent entirely sure yet what happened but we have an appointment on March 5th to get more info.

but we are doing ok. it was hard at first but we have accepted that God knows what His plan is for us and we are waiting for Him to bless us again.

thank you ladies for all the info you provided, being there to talk to and sharing in my pregnancy. hopefully we will see you again soon.

love, Chantelle <3

I'm so sorry for your loss but glad that you have your faith to get you through. I'll pray for you for peace and strength at this time and understanding as time passes. He sounds like he was really beautiful.

:hugs:

Razra the thing I found most frustrating about being pregnant first time around was the "Oh you just wait til...

... you are 9 months pregnant, THEN you will know what uncomfortable is!"

... the baby arrives, THEN you will know what tired is"

... you're actually in labour, THEN you will want pain relief"

etc etc etc blah blah blah

It annoyed me so much! And as for the tiredness one, it's a load of rubbish as yes, babies wake up for feeds during the night but I found I got much more sleep and was much more rested once Holly was here than I did when I was pregnant!! Between the getting up for a wee, SPD, Braxton Hicks, restless legs, leg cramps, hot weather... the list goes on... I hardly got any sleep whilst pregnant so it was a relief when she was born!!

I've not actually been too bad at night so far, well not as bad as last time anyway. Maybe that's because I'm more used to broken sleep through having Holly? I am still up a couple of times for a wee and a couple of times due to not being comfy through SPD, but I seem to be getting lots more sleep than last pregnancy. I guess I am not working at the mo as well, so I can nap during the day, whereas I was working last time so that makes a big difference.

As for maternity leave, I start mine in a week! I have been off sick for the last 10 weeks though with SPD, so it's not really anything different for me lol It feels weird that I will be starting mat leave so early, but it doesn't matter as I'm not going back anyway. It's a nice relief that I don't have to think about work again! I think come December when my SMP runs out I will probably just get a Saturday job. I tried being a working Mum and I didn't like it, I want to be at home to look after my babies!!

This really annoys me too. I got pregnant with a fairly realistic attitude to how much my life is going to change and I'm delighted to be embarking on such an exciting time in my life- just wish other people wouldn't be so negative about the whole thing.

Being a parent is a full time job and like any job it comes with its up and downs but we still go to work everyday!!

I'm currently run ragged by 30 7yr olds 5 days a week, so I'm looking forward to being able to put all of my energy into one child instead.

I am determined to always be the person that speaks positively about pregnancy, labour and motherhood to people expecting their first baby.

xx

Me too broody! I really don't know what it is that makes everyone so negative about it?! Yes everyone knows labour is painful and babies wake up and sometimes as a mum you are at your wits end. But being pregnant is a blessing (despite the discomfort) and I missed it when it was over, birth is an amazing experience and being a mum is the most rewarding and challenging job you could ever do. So why are people so negative?! I still don't get it! Lol I'm always one to be realistic and will tell people honestly about the bad bits if they ask, but I'm also the first to tell people the great bits! I don't get why people are automatically negative about it! For me, being a mum doesn't even come close to anything else I've done in my life , especially in terms of feeling rewarded, so I will take the bad bits that come with it, thank you very much ha ha!

And may I point out that I say all that after my tantruming toddler emptied the contents of the kitchen cupboards all over the floor last night, including a bag of flour :wacko:

I can't remember if I showed you all the bouncer chair I have bought from a friend on here? It's this one. I went to see it in mothercare, its lovely! hope the link works, am posting from my phone

https://m.mothercare.com/mt/www.mothercare.com/Bright-Starts-Comfort-Harmony-Cradling/dp/B004EYFEZ4

boooooooooooo my 2 weeks holidays are over and im going back to work today. Im on the late shift so start at 4pm till midnight :( Im so not looking forward to it. However what will keep me going is that i have 7 weeks left, then 2 weeks holidays then my Mat leave officially starts.........so if i break it down thats really on 35 days of work left A-WOO-HOO

Is any one else feeling the heat????? Im always a cold person who constantly has the heating on, has a blanket when on the sofa, electric blanket in bed and wrapped up with a million layers when i go out. But the last week or so i get so uncomfortable if i get even a little bit warm. The heating hasnt been on for days, my poor fiance is now the one shivering under a blanket on the sofa. Im driving with the windows down and the other night i slept with NO covers on the bed!!!!!!!! frikin weird

I'm really warm too TrAybaby! What job do you do? X

MrsCraig I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy. As everyone has said you are an amazingly strong person and I am sure you will be blessed with a baby when the time is right for you. :hugs: xxx

Trababy- I am also really hot at the minute I have cold though but am sleeping out of the covers and the heating isnt on as much I am usually a cold person OH is loving it cos he is really warm all the time as is Ollie so they find it much more comfortable.

I agree about people been so negative my best freind who is due her 1st baby in 7 days asks about labour and I do tell her that it hurts but it is the best feeling ever when you hold that little baby in your arms for the first time. And as for lack of sleep you dont realise you are having any less sleep I wasnt tired at all after I had Ollie I think adrenline kicks in being a Mammy is the best job I have ever done and cant wait to do it all over again.

Oh and I am in double digits today how exciting

Leg cramps in the middle of the night...arrgghh I'd forgotten about this lovely symptom! My calf is still sore :wacko:

The bit about the tantrummy toddler made me laugh Emzy! And the chair is lovely.

I'm suddenly feeling the heat too. I am always cold and always dressed in millions of layers but the last week I've been getting really hot, really easily and getting all sweaty in bed- which is most unlike me and not at all pleasant.

Boooo to having to go back to work TrAy. But 35 days doesn't sound too bad.

I have just started my cloth nappy stash- so excited- been researching them since before we even started TTC and been waiting for the opportunity to spend some money on them and just decided to go for it. I have ordered some BumGenius Freetime nappies- all in neutral colours of course- I won't order any more nappies until we have our little boy or girl- then I can add some pink or blue ones! I'm realistic and fully intend to use disposables for the first few weeks at least- until our little one chubs out a bit- to avoid leaks. But I can't wait to try them out- my cousin loves using cloth and I'm determined to do the same.

Going shopping for my hospital bag later- to pick up all of those sorts of bits and a suitable bag to put them in.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"