June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Babyd- glad he has just moved for you they like to give us a scare every now and then I guess he is in a funny position.

Aw glad he moved babyd! Bet he has turned around and maybe having a growth spurt so a bit quieter than usual x

evening everyone, hope you are all doing great.
ive tried to catch up but ive missed at least 30 odd pages with not having proper access to the internet all week and keep forgetting it all lol.
hope anyone who has been ill is all better now, or if still ill gets better very soon.
hope all the babies have been good for you and not giving scares etc.

ive not had that much happen since i was last on, met up with the girls the weekend just gone and spoke to the lass getting married. im still not going but have both put our points across and understand how the other was feeling. probably helps ive had a bit of time to calm down from being upset. they were all so excited ab.out flump which was nice and didnt say my bump was too big at all :D (since my last photo a fortnight ago ive been super worried about flumps size)

cant believe im going to be 28 weeks tomorrow, proper scary biscuits that in just about 8 weeks i will be finishing work and then just waiting for flump to make an appearance.
managed to get a few bits for flump over the weekend, and also some stuff for my hospital bag so feeling a bit more prepared. hubsters mum has a pile of clothes for us she got from a firend at her school she works at, so looking forward to that. we are only buying a weeks worth of bodysuits, babygros etc as we know everyone will go overboard when they are born, plus with flump having long legs we have no idea what they will fit in first and can always send hubster out to get more of the next size up/down if needed. also got given a high chair which is nice, its not the one i would have picked but cant go wrong with free and its all height adjustable, padded seat etc so cant really go wrong there. plus folds up quite small which is a bonus. got given a baby gym with it too but may pass it on as i ideally wanted one with a bit more to it but will do for now until the house sells and i can afford a bit more.

if anyone wants it i have an offer code for verbaudet, 4709 and this gives you £15 off your first order of £20 or more (can only get full price items, doesnt include sale items, green star items or happy price bundles which is rather annoying) oh and free p&p. i got a lovely little sleepsuit, bodysuit and hat set that will be ideal for coming home.

got my 28 week appt on tuesday and all my bloods etc, what do they test for and what else will they be checking apart from heartbeat and measurement?

anyways i better get to bed as up way too late and im knackered, but will defo try to get on over the weekend. have a great friday xx

At my 28 week appointment, they measured fundal height, felt babies position/presentation, listened to heartbeat and checked BP and urine. The blood test I believe is a full blood count and I believe the main purpose is to check if your iron levels are low, as it's quite common for them to be a little low at this stage, so may need iron tablets. Think that was it :)

lol emzy i thought you said felt boobies position i nearly spat out my tea when i read that :rofl:

here is my 26 (im sure more like 27 weeks tho) bump pic as i will be away 2mor :)

Attachments

• Snapshot_20120308_3.jpg
    Snapshot_20120308_3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 4
Hi Girls,
I hope everyone is well today.
Up early, we are off to crufts to show both our dogs as they qualified! My friend is running them for me! Long but un day ahead! X

Hi Girls,
I hope everyone is well today.
Up early, we are off to crufts to show both our dogs as they qualified! My friend is running them for me! Long but un day ahead! X

Good luck at Crufts!
Lovely bump pic Redrose.
Glad baby moved Babyd.
Off to work for me- another chaotic day in the classroom. Only 3 more weeks of the little darlings and then some 'me' time. Missing hubster though. Never sleep as well without him next to me.
Have a lovely Friday everyone and I'll check back in this evening.
x

Good luck with crufts euronova.
Great bump pic red rose.
Quick post as am on I phone and it's rubbish to catch up so will catch up later.

Just a quick hello, as off to toddler group in 10 mins.

Good luck at crufts!! Is it on telly? It is sometimes isn't it?

Lovely bump red rose.

I'm so full of snot, I can not believe I am on my 6th cold since the first week of January... 6 in 10 weeks!!! I normally only get 2-3 a year. It's really getting me down now :( That's what happens when you are pregnant with a snot bag toddler to look after! ha ha She picks up all sorts at toddler group and soft play and stuff.

Hey Ladies,

I hope you are all well? I have just posted a thread in Pregnancy Club but wondered if I could get your opinions too? I am not sure if I am over-reacting :wacko:

Sooooo ... My sister and her Husband announced last week that they are looking to purchase a labrador puppy, and I got a text this morning to say they have chosen a pup and that "Bonnie" will be with them in a few weeks.

As you may know OH and I have a short list of names that we have agonised over ALOT and which all of my family have seen and studied (it is a literal list normally stuck on the fridge :haha: ) ... and Bonnie is one of them ...

Granted OH and I were not absolutely, definitely going to use the name for our little girl - but I find myself seriously miffed that of the trillion or so names available they have chosen one from the handful we have picked out :grr:

Am I being unreasonable?

As ever your advice and wisdom would be very much appreciated :flower:

i think it was insensitive of them.. my brother and his gf did something similar i told em (after they decided a name for there lo) that i was gonna use my mothers name as a middle name.. well two weeks later they had changed lo's middle name to my mothers :grr:

i def feel your pain! i def would say something to them as its not fair esp if they knew itwas on your list!

I agree with redrose! I would be miffed!

We had oscar on our shortlist and my brother who isn't even having a baby anytime soon said "no sorry that's mine and becky's name for when we have kids" the cheek!! We ended up taking it off the list anyway because it came out that a lot of people call their dogs oscar! :haha:

I'm going to aquanatal today! woo! x

Cliqmo....I would DEFINITELY be peed off about that....I mean WHY????? Like you've said there's tons of dog names they could pick and to say that they will call it Bonnie when they know it's on your list is really selfish!!!

At the very least I would expect them to have a chat with you and say they really like the name Bonnie but know it's on your list....not sure if you've decided yet but if you're not calling her Bonnie, would you mind if we used the name? I think that would be a fair approach to take but clearly they are just immature and selfish!

We had oscar on our shortlist and my brother who isn't even having a baby anytime soon said "no sorry that's mine and becky's name for when we have kids" the cheek!! We ended up taking it off the list anyway because it came out that a lot of people call their dogs oscar! :haha:

I'm going to aquanatal today! woo! x

Interestingly my initial objection to the name Bonnie (which was added to the short list by OH) was that it was the name of the dog on Blue Peter :rofl:

Have a good time at Aquanatal xx

BTW I have that thing again where i haven't felt baby move since last night :-(

I HATE this because all i do is sit and worry and sulk and it makes me really grumpy etc and then i just sit at work and cry and look pathetic infront of my ALL MALE colleagues.

I'm like pull yourself together Abs but i just can't til i feel her! I have just downed half a bottle of ice cold water and laid on the floor but still nothing. I have pushed and prodded and poked (the midwife said it's ok to do this) and still nothing.

I really hope she's just chillin out???

On a positive note, had a really good hypnobirthing session last night! Very calming and relaxing but not sure if i am gonna get the knack of it! I kept getting really distracted but apparently it doesn't matter because its your conscious that gets disctracted not your subconscious!! She did say that it wouldn't feel any different afterwards but in a week or 2 (if i do my homework every night!) I will notice subtle changes in due course! I cant wait!

Just need bubs to move now............

Abi I am sure you just have a chilled out / upturned baby in there and everything is fine :hugs: I completely understand your worry though, I had the same thing earlier this week with LO being very quiet. Fortunately she has turned back round again now and I am getting thumped in the ribs :cloud9:

My personal tip: try having a hot chocolate if the ice water doesn't help, certainly gets this LO excited :winkwink:

Cliqmo I would definitely say something about the name! That really pees me off when people do that!
Abi I haven't felt anything since he moved last night either, will mention it to midwife later but I think he has moved round to my back because it is killing me today! I'm in a really tired and sad mood today, hubby is in bed because he worked through yesterday and last night and then he is back to work for the whole weekend I just want a hug!!! And Grace is being a right wingey bum aswell x

Cliqmo I would definitely say something about the name! That really pees me off when people do that!
Abi I haven't felt anything since he moved last night either, will mention it to midwife later but I think he has moved round to my back because it is killing me today! I'm in a really tired and sad mood today, hubby is in bed because he worked through yesterday and last night and then he is back to work for the whole weekend I just want a hug!!! And Grace is being a right wingey bum aswell x

Awww hun....sending lots of HUGS your way :):hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Cliqmo- I would be really peed off aswell especially as that is maybe the name you want to call your baby and there's is just a dog I am sure they could think of a different name for the dog.
Abic- I am sure bubs is just in a funny position or something I usually find if baby is having a quiet day that lying on my side makes her move.
Babyd- I am sorry your feeling rubbish and yes I would mention to your midwife about movement.

I am super uncomfortable today just feel really stretched and heavy, my back is hurting to. I am just feeling that way out and very moany.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->