June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Im soo excited to NOT be an eggplant anymore!
Baby is kicking alot more and im getting super excited now!

My Grandma (bless her) has offered to wash and "press" all my baby clothes, I have just sorted out what I have already been given into bags and she has a full swing bin bag, just of newborn vests, cardigans etc. I bought her some Non Bio stuff to use, she loves ironing and says she will take great pleasure doing them.

wow giggles i cant believe you have the date of when you will meet your bubba that so exciting.

Euronova i just bought the same monkey curtain tie-backs :) My nursery is currently a working progress but its getting there.

Emma your grandma is too cute, that's so sweet of her. Will she do mine too???? I refuse to wash my baby clothes until i get my washing to 'smell' the way i want it to. Im now on day 2 of constantly cleaning it inside & out with every chemical under the sun but i seem to be the only one who can smell the minky smell coming from it :wacko:

Abi hope you are feeling better today.

And as for the dreaded weight issue im now up 2 stone!!!!!!! :saywhat: I know ive had days where ive been naughty but ive also had really good days and i keep fairly active SO..... rather than let myself get down about it im just in the mind set now that my body knows what it needs to do to grow my baby so im just gonna let it do what it needs to do and worry about my shape after my bubba is here.

My wee monkey also had me up at 6:30am with either a head or an arm in my right kidney causing massive discomfort but thankfully she has wriggled away and is now back to her usual KICKING ME IN MY CERVIX!!!!!

Hiya Ladies,

I had my 28wk appointment yesterday and met yet another midwife (I have had a different one for every appointment now and was told yesterday I only have one left on the team to meet - at least it means no strange faces during labour I suppose :haha: )

I had the Anti D injection in my arm, which made me flinch a fair bit :dohh: before listening to the heartbeat on the doppler :cloud9:

We had a few panicked minutes when it became apparent to myself, DH and the midwife that the heartbeat wasn't very regular - but similarly not irregular in any sort of pattern either :o so they wired me up to the more sophisticated trace and monitored LO for 20mins.

Apparently the consultant said they normally put a belly band on to hold the gadget on your belly and leave you to it for the duration, but LO was so active she kicked the gadget out of the way a few times and also moved away - so she stayed with me throughout to keep tracking little one around my belly :haha:

The consultant concluded that LO's heart is absolutely fine, and put the fluctuations we had heard down to a very exciteable baby who was apparently having a party in there and causing the less sensitive machine to detect missed / irregular beats :thumbup:

It was fascinating looking at the trace afterwards because it not only recorded her movements, but also those movements that I was able to feel - it was honestly only about 30% of them!!

Afterwards they showed me around the birthing suite and the pool for water births- water birth wasn't something I had really considered but it looked so tempting with the music and lights on that I am quite tempted now

Last update (sorry about the monster post!) I was getting kicked right in the diaphragm earlier so I sat up and rubbed my belly and felt (what I assume to be a foot?) slide under my fingers :cloud9: It was a little bit weird but mega amazing!!

I really hope you are all doing well :flower:

Happy 29 weeks Emma and Cliqmo!! :happydance:

I need a grandma like yours Emma!!

TrAybaby - I couldn't bear being kicked in the cervix all day! Saying that I feel like my right bottom rib is going to snap in half! :)

Cliqmo - I haven't had the same midwife for any of my appointments either! It sounds scary what you went through at your appointment, it sounds like your going to have an active baby :) xxx

Im having a small baby shower at a friends, and it's become apparent I've done too much shopping.... I don't need anything! I now have....

Swing
Bouncer
Bumbo
High chair
Nappies
Cot
Bedding
Moses
Travel cot
Changing mat
Play mat
Bibs
Breast pump and bottles
Pushchair/car seat etc
Nursing chair
Changing bag
Baby monitor
20 baby grows in newborn
10 newborn outfits
10 0-3 baby grows
20 0-3 outfits
Weaning bowls spoons etc
Bathing stuff
Bath chair

The only things I don't have are nursing bras and a breast feeding pillow!!!!
Is nice feeling prepared though, and I love looking at it all!!!!

29 week dance!!!

When do you guys plan having your hospital bag sorted??? X

gemini ive started mine two weeks ago :thumbup: my oh is making me finish it this weekend :haha: i was told to have two bags one is your actual long stay with your clothes, pj's for after birth, baby's clothes nappies etc then you need a labour bag with one baby out fit, one nappy, snack etc anything u need during labour that will be easy for your oh to find! so ive now got two bags the labour bag wont be done til closer the time tho and its gonna be just a hand bag with this stuff as i dont expect too much

Cliqmo- how amazing that the number of movements you felt was only 30% of the total amount. That makes me think that my very wriggly baby must be shattered in there when it does finally settle down for a quick nap.

Gemini- it does sound like you're pretty much sorted. We're not quite as organised as you but not far off and I have no idea what to ask for from work as a gift or for my baby shower. Maybe small toys/books that sort of thing and muslins/bibs- surely can't have enough of those!

Waiting in for a man to come and fix our tumble dryer. I'm feeling so lazy today. I need to do some cleaning as we have friends coming round tonight and I have a big pile of ironing- but the sofa is just too comfy.

I think I'm going to start buying things for my hospital bag next weekend! We have out antenatal classes this weekend!

Wow Gemini you have so much stuff!

We have a lot sorted and now need:
Baby bath
Moses basket
Swing
Baby monitor

We have everything else sorted! I need bras and pjs too!

I'm at work and I'm soooo tired! It's really kicked in this week. I'm thinking of bringing my leave date forward from 3rd may to 26th April - I can't bear the thought of 7 more weeks of work! :-( 6 sounds a little nicer x

I'm still have quite a lot to buy, I should really get a move on. I have so far:

Pram & car seat
Moses basket
Steriliser & bottles set
2 x babygros (0-3 mos)
2 x vests (0-3 mos)
2 bibs
2 newborn hats
2 pairs scratch mitts
5 packs newborn nappies
2 packs wipes
Changing bag
Bath support

I think that's it? The only thing I've bought myself is the scratch mitts! Everything has been either a gift or a freebie :haha:

I'm doing my hospital bag this weekend :) Wanted it done by 30 weeks. Last time I had 2 bags, but this time I'm getting a small wheely case as it was a pain in the arse for DH to lug 2 bags around whilst trying to help me up the corridor whilst I was contracting!!

Wow Gemini you have lots got already, its great to be organised! I am having the same problem with my baby shower (s) as I already have pretty much everything lol Here is what I have. Most of it I had already to be fair.

Bouncer
Bumbo
High chair
Several packs of nappies and wipes
Nappy Bags
Dummies
Cot
Mobile
Cot light projector thing
Fisher price Seahorse
Bedding for cot, moses and swinging crib.
Moses basket
Swinging crib
Changing mats x 2
Changing table
Play mat
Toys
Bibs
Musilins
Breast pump
Steriliser
Bottles (only 4- will buy more if end up bottle feeding instead of breastfeeding)
Breast milk storage bags
Travel Bottle warmer
Travel bottle holder bag thing
Baby carrier
Pram (well additional stuff to convert to double!)
Pram blankets
Car seat
Nursing chair
Nursing PJs and Nighties
Changing bag (but want a new one! lol)
Baby monitor
All clothes up to 12 months (mostly Holly's old stuff, but bought some new too) Except new coming home outfit which I need to get.
Feeding stuff for weaning, mini blender, ice cube trays, etc
Baby Bath
Bath Seat

Still need to get a swing (gave ours away!) and stock up on a few toiletries and my hospital bag stuff this weekend. Also need my nursing bras, but waiting til the last min to get them in case my boobs blow up again! I also want to stock up on maternity towels and breast pads too. Also want to get a 'blankie'- Holly has had since she was born a soft cellular blanket with a ribbon edge from mothercare and it's her 'blankie' and she loves it, so I want to get one for Evie too.

Oh my god!! You lot have put me to shame, all we have got is;

Pram
Multi pack of wipes
6 baby gros
2 outfits
A bouncer
Pack of 2 bottles

:rofl::rofl: Ahhhhhh need to get a move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I can not believe I am 30 weeks this Sunday!! Arrgghhhhh where is this pregnancy going?!?

wow everyone is so organised.. i seem to have alot but i know since its our first we are def forgetting stuff.. but i think we have all the bigger things that we need..

we have
pram & car seat
mosses basket
cot
bottles and sterilizer
dummies
i have like 20 baby grows
and 20 vests :blush:
2 baby overall coats
2-3 out fits for if its a girl and a boy (as really were back to square one)
2 0-3 vests
high chair
3 baby towels
1 blanket
and some teddies :haha:
nappies
wipes
grooming kit

but really we are missing a good bit, cot sheets, bath set, changing top, more out fits but will wait til there born for this, my oh wants to get baby toys even tho i said they prob wont be interested til there at least 3 ish months onwards i also want to get a pump.

OMG girls i am shitting myself!! I have SOOOOO much to get and haven't a clue where to start!

I have a crib & mattress and a cot (no mattress yet) but got the crib on the basis that she's gonna be in with us for 6 months! Gettign a moses basket from a friend at Easter (who is also giving us pram, carry cot, car seat, bouncer and baby carrier sling thing) so will feel better then!

Can babies go straight into a crib? Or would you put them in the moses basket first?
I need to buy the sheets etc for the crib mattress but it's too much like hard work deciding whether to get flat or fitted and whether to get terry towling, cotton, brushed cotton etc etc etc! So instead i'm just not htinking about it!

Is anyone else planning on swaddling for the first few weeks? I have bought a 'Grobag' sleeping bag thing but also bought a swaddling thing too.....i bought it coz it was cute but need to buy some sheets to swaddle in instead as I can't buy loads of those things at £12 each!

I have bought only 5 babygros newborn and 5 vests newborn (plain white as cheaper!) and then 3 little outfits, one of which will be the coming home outfit! other than that, clothes-wise i haven't bought anything!

Our new wardrobe arrived yesterday (it is AMAZING!!!) so we can at long last start moving DH clothes from the spare room into our bedroom and then get rid of all the furniture in the spare room to make way to start decorating! Need to move a radiator and probably skim the walls (although may get away with not doing that), then need to paint, gloss, carpet and get her name is wooden letters for the wall! Also having a really high book shelf to store boxes (either white wooden ones or shoe boxes covered in pretty paper or combination of both!) to store things in! I haven't got a nursing chair but was hoping to buy just an arm chair that i can cover with a throw short term and then move into our bedroom in due course! SO MUCH TO DO AND THINK ABOUT!

I have NINE weeks of work left :-((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

PS off to NCT nearly new sale (x2) next weekend so hoping to buy tons of stuff there!

crib is fine id say, you can put baby straight into a cot if you wanted to, its just most women like to put baby into a mosses basket or crib beside there bed before the cot :flower:
i prob will swaddle them but not gonna be swaddle blankets im just gonna use normal blankets for it as there are a few videos on youtube on how to do it its so sweet to watch.
ive no sheets bought what so ever lol.

Abi- I have bought these for swaddling- works out slightly cheaper:

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_2903_10751_-1_52178_124375_10001_14736

We still have lots of bits and bobs to get and the car seat and base. We know what we're getting, it's just a case of ordering it slightly nearer the time, as haven't decorated the nursery yet and everything we have bought is in there, but will need to be removed for decorating!

Our pram is on order and I desperately want it to be here already- think it's the purchase I'm most excited about. Just want to play with it! My own fault for wanting to wait for a 2012 model to be shipped rather than just getting a 2011 model of which there are lots available in the UK. It will be worth it though.

xx

awww them swaddle blankets look so sweet i might show oh and hope he likes them too lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->