June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

I am going to start my hospital bag this weekend and hopefully have it finished in a couple of weeks would like to have all that done by 32 weeks and all baby things ready and the room done by 35 weeks which leaves us 7 weeks and we have barely started.
I have got
pram
car seat
steriliser
blankets
couple of outfits
vests ( have loads of sizes from ollie)
Moses basket
baby bath
Swing chair
bouncer

So I basically still have a lot more to buy I had most of the stuff on the list from Ollie need to get a shape on. Think me and OH will sit at the weekend and buy more online seen as I cant go shopping.

awww Broody those swaddling things are tooo cute! very similar to the one i bought but like you said they will work out cheaper actually buying those ones.

This acid reflux is really starting to frustrate me now coz it's stopping me from eating and i am starvin but there's nothing i fancy coz the thought of eating just doesn't appeal??? Have had porridge this morning as can't really think what else to have and i have a dry bread roll to eat for lunch. YUM.

Anything else i could eat please?????????

At least it's stopping me from pigging out tho i guess!

Poor you Abi. So thankful that thus far I have avoided heartburn or reflux.
I'm not sure what else to suggest:

https://heartburn.about.com/cs/dietfood/a/heartburnfoods1.htm

https://www.reflux.org/reflux/webdoc01.nsf/487b3ba0c2f1a4ff85256ff30009f061/cd4d8c8abb1963908525764e005b5b34/$FILE/food%20flyer%20illustrated%2020091013.pdf

if i have a day where the heartburn/reflux wont stop i contantly drink milk for the day.. it keeps it some what contained lol and it keeps me fed abit :haha:
i found bananas help too yumm

YAY 29 weeks :happydance:

Abi i have no idea about what you could eat sorry chica.

I have to wait till next pay day to start my hospital bag as we are well and truly skint this month, with the car costing a fortune to put through MOT and now looks like we might have to buy a new washing machine :( Im so stressed about money now. I only get 6 weeks of full pay before i go onto SMP (which is so shit!) when i go on mat leave. I actually have no idea how we are gonna be able to survive. Ive never claimed any benefits before in my life so how do i go about figuring out if we can claim any :shrug:

At least we have bought all our big stuff for this bubba and just have wee bits n bobs to get.

We have:
pram
car seat & base
cot & mattress
Moses basket (still to buy mattress)
cot mobile
changing unit (still to buy changing mat)
real nappies + a month worth of newborn disposables
wipes
bath box (lotions & potions)
baby bath & top and tail bowl
baby thermometer
dummy medicine dispenser
grooming kit
scratch mits (tons), hats & booties
socks & tights
burp cloths, bibs, muslins, cuddle robes, flannels
10 newborn sleepsuits & vests
handful newborn outfits
loads 0-3 newborn sleepsuits & vests and a few outfits
moses basket/pram sized blankets
moses basket fitted sheets (need to buy sheets)
cot blankets
swaddle blankets
breast feeding pillow
breast pump (manual & electric)
bottles & steriliser
dummies
changing bag
baby monitor
nursing chair & footstool
bouncer
and a few other stuff i cant quite remember. Ive tried to be quite money smart for months and buy stuff every payday and use money off vouchers/coupons where i could and accepting gifts from family member. My sister is coming up from london with her new baby in 3 weeks and she is throwing me a baby shower :happydance: so im not buying anymore baby stuff till after that so i know what i still need to buy.

Now all i really have to do is finish putting the nursery together and take everything out the bloody boxes ;)

Urgh Abi reflux is horrible! I have a hiatus hernia so have it all the time and it's just mega worse when pregnant! The only thing I find that works is tons and tons of Gaviscon Advance (stuff from the pharmacy, not just normal gaviscon). I get it on prescription and chug it all day, I have so much of it. Milk doesn't help me, nor does anything else. When I'm not pregnant I have tablets for it, but I don't want to take them whilst pregnant. Prop the head of your bed up at night, or use loads of pillows so you don't lie flat. Also try lying on your left side only, the way your stomach is positioned means that if you lie on your right side it is easy for the acid to come back up. Other than that, try not to let your belly be empty (even though you don't feel like eating) but avoid eating things that trigger it, for me that's spicy food and tomatoes! But keep up with the gaviscon- the liquid and I mean tons of it! I asked the doctor if how much I took was ok as I cleared OD on it and he said it's fine lol

I'm not planning on swaddling. Holly absolutely hated it! I might try it with normal blankets to see if she likes it, but not spending on swaddling blankets as if she's anything like Holly she won't like it.

A crib is fine for baby to go in at first. A tip from me would be to have more than one place for baby to sleep in though. I had planned for Holly to sleep in her moses basket but she HATED it! Every time I put her in it, she'd throw her arms and legs around and cry! So she never slept in that but rather slept in her pram carrycot for the first few weeks, then went into the cot which we squeezed in our room and had her naps in the swing downstairs. This time we have the swinging crib for Evie to sleep in in our room, but also have the moses which she can sleep in upstairs or downstairs, the cot which will be in the nursery, the pram carrycot and the swing.

I've not been feeling good today at all! At toddler group this morning, there is this bit where you sit in a circle and sing songs and play with instruments and stuff. After that I got up and came over all funny and dizzy. I assumed it was because I'd been semi kneeling on the floor and got up too quick. But it's been happening all day, I'll just be sitting there and I'll come over all queasy and dizzy, like I'm going to pass out. I had to go to the pharmacy anyway, so I asked them to check my BP. They said it was on the higher side of normal, but nothing to worry about, but as I know my BP is usually on the lower side, I rang the community midwives office just to be on the safe side. They told me not to worry too much, that whilst it was higher than usual it wasn't alarmingly high and told me to rest and book a routine appointment with my usual midwife. She said it could be that I'm aneamic but my blood results aren't back yet. I booked an appointment but the next available one is a week on Monday, so that's the one I got!

I'm so excited for my 4d scan tomorrow!!! Eeek!

do you ladies celebrate st patricks? i know some people in the uk do..

im looking forward to the parade 2mor :D

have fun 2mor emzy with your scan i bet it will be great! esp at 29 weeks

Sorry your feeling rubbish Emzy. I was getting dizzy to have my 28week appt on Tuesday so I am going to mention to midwife as I was anaemic with Ollie at this time do am thinking I am again.
Yay for 3rd tri red rose.

do you ladies celebrate st patricks? i know some people in the uk do..

im looking forward to the parade 2mor :D

have fun 2mor emzy with your scan i bet it will be great! esp at 29 weeks

Yay for third tri!!!
I usually celebrate it by getting a bit merry with the Irish side of my family, but will give it a miss thins year!!

Question ladies,

Three of my friends have invited me on a last minute deal to Egypt for a week next week, would be booked tomorrow at some point, leaving Monday. I got a fit to fly letter from doc today in case, but do you think I'm nuts for doing it? Are there risks? HELP! X

I love my husband so much!

He woke me up this morning with a bacon butty and a mothers day card which I opened very confused that it was a day early and inside was a 4d scan booking for today!!! Yay!!!!
We have our antenatal classes until 1 and then our 4d scan at 2:30 :happydance:

I would go Gemini !! We were planning on going to Egypt but DH couldn't get the time off work :(
I would just steer clear of unbottled water and perhaps the chicken. We went last year and I didn't have any stomach issues! Also keep hydrated and stay out of the sun during the heat of the day xxxx

Gemini I say go for it! I flew with Grace when I was about 32 weeks, I did take a letter from doc just in case, but you are able to fly up until 36 weeks. I think I am going away somewhere in a couple of weeks, not sure where yet but will only be for a few days - but I am looking forward to having a nice break!x

Ahh Harri thats lovely!! My hubby would never do anything like that bless him, he needs quite a few hints before he actually realises I want something lol xx

Go for it Gemini. However I genuinely don't know anyone who has been to Egypt who hasn't had some kind of stomach issues as a result, so it might be something to consider.
You'll need to stay out of the hot sun as you don't want baby to overheat or for you to get skin pigment issues which are quite common in pregnancy. I have a friend at work who a patches of dark skin and patches that won't tan at all because of pregnancy and she has had to live with it for the last twenty years, so just a warning.

That sounds like a really negative post, which is not my intention at all, I think you should go but be extra careful.

Xxx

Lol thanks guys and no broody didnt sound negative!
I find out at lunxhtime if we got the holiday. One of the friends works for thomas cook, so it's a staff last min thing if the flights aren't sold! Will only be 230 quid all inc if we get it. Flying fom midlands though which could be interesting!!!

Thanks for the advice, I feel mentally the break would do me wonders! X

I would go for it Gemini just be careful with what you eat and stay safe in the sun.
That's lovely Harri, enjoy your scan.
Emzy i think it is your scan today to can't wait to see pics.

hope u have fun today emzy :) cant wait to see the pics!

Happy paddys day :p to any of you irish ladies tho im prob the only one! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->