June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Wannabe - so sorry to hear that. Keeping my fx'd crossed that next month is your month! :hugs: xxx

I just had to weigh in on all this talk about the flu shot... When the swine flu/H1N1 first started making its rounds- I was one of the lucky ones who got very very sick from it.. was hospitalized and everything- then my toddler got it.. I recovered quickly- but he did not. I will never miss another flu shot again!!

What happened? Is he ok now? That is so heartbreaking! I'm so sorry! You've just convinced me to get a little sick again next year and every year thereafter.

My toddler recovered quickly- but he already had some breathing/lung issues and he had pneumonia about 4-5 times within the year following the flu.. It was rough.. It was that year that we couldn't get the shot because of the shortages...

:hugs: to you Gemini - thinking of you and and praying you get some reassurance at the scan on Friday! xx

usamom - that must have been absolutely awful, I really feel for you x

I am a very firm believer in vaccines and get my flu shot every year and my child/children will also get it every year. I am so glad your little boy and your self recovered from h1n1.

So, is it totally safe for a pregnant woman to get the flu vaccine then? I've been wondering this all week as it's autumn and I've seen posters for it everywhere.

Yup pregnant women are right up there with teachers, little kids, & elderly people having "priority" for the flu shot.

Anyone else getting a lot of white CM? I get worried EVERY TIME I can feel it, rush to the bathroom and it's just white....

Anyone else getting a lot of white CM? I get worried EVERY TIME I can feel it, rush to the bathroom and it's just white....

Yup, I've been getting it on and off: some days hardly anything, some days quite a lot. I'm pretty sure it's normal :)

Yup pregnant women are right up there with teachers, little kids, & elderly people having "priority" for the flu shot.

Thanks! I thought so- I'm just SO worried about a reaction or something. I have my first prenatal appointment/scan in two weeks, should I talk to my Dr then or get it done ASAP?

They'll recommend it. You can get it done whenever!

My first appointment is one week from today! Secretly wishing for a scan, but guessing I won't get one so trying not to get my hopes up!

Yup, I've been getting it on and off: some days hardly anything, some days quite a lot. I'm pretty sure it's normal :)

I read online it's your body forming the mucus plug! I'm really starting to feel good about this pregnancy. I really think everything is going to be okay. Next week I will get an ultrasound and I guess I'll know more, but I don't think I'll see a baby or anything yet. I need to remind myself of that!! I'll be back on here "WHY DIDN'T I SEE A HB AT 5 WEEKS?!" haha :dohh:

I hate how they go back the LMP because I know I ovulated later than day 14, and clearly implanted later than (what seems like) the typical 8-10dpo

How are you feeling Lilyfire? Do you have any morning sickness yet??

Also (last question!!) is anyone else nervous about a trans-vaginal ultrasound? I've heard a lot of stories of spotting afterwards which I REALLY want to avoid, as well as some other things that scare me. We are too scared to even have sex at the moment. (my own stupid fault for visiting the first tri board) My scan is in 2 weeks at 7 weeks 4 days, would an abdominal scan pick anything up then? Is it really as bad as I'm worrying it is?

Also (last question!!) is anyone else nervous about a trans-vaginal ultrasound? I've heard a lot of stories of spotting afterwards which I REALLY want to avoid, as well as some other things that scare me. We are too scared to even have sex at the moment. (my own stupid fault for visiting the first tri board) My scan is in 2 weeks at 7 weeks 4 days, would an abdominal scan pick anything up then? Is it really as bad as I'm worrying it is?

I have never spotted after a TVU, I have a retroverted uterus and it's the only kind they can do on me and actually see something. I don't think you have anything to worry about! :hugs:

No visiting the first tri board! :winkwink:

Oh, and I have no idea about the scan...didn't make it that far last time. But I assume they wouldn't regularly perform a procedure that's dangerous...

I read online it's your body forming the mucus plug! I'm really starting to feel good about this pregnancy. I really think everything is going to be okay. Next week I will get an ultrasound and I guess I'll know more, but I don't think I'll see a baby or anything yet. I need to remind myself of that!! I'll be back on here "WHY DIDN'T I SEE A HB AT 5 WEEKS?!" haha :dohh:

I hate how they go back the LMP because I know I ovulated later than day 14, and clearly implanted later than (what seems like) the typical 8-10dpo

How are you feeling Lilyfire? Do you have any morning sickness yet??

At least a scan will make you feel loads better! I have a countdown to mine on my iPhone!!! Can't wait! I feel good, I bit of abdominal pain today, I think it's the round ligaments again, huge sore boobs and waves of nausea, not actually vommitted yet tho- yey! I'm starting to feel good about this too, I've not really let myself feel TOO excited yet. My mum told me to talk to my belly, I've tried but can't, I've been so worried about 'bonding' and then something happening. But as the days tick by I feel better and better! :) How about you? How are your symptoms? I bet you can't wait for that scan!!!

Lilyfire you should see a little blob and a heartbeat at 7.5 weeks! It's quiet exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->