June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Also (last question!!) is anyone else nervous about a trans-vaginal ultrasound? I've heard a lot of stories of spotting afterwards which I REALLY want to avoid, as well as some other things that scare me. We are too scared to even have sex at the moment. (my own stupid fault for visiting the first tri board) My scan is in 2 weeks at 7 weeks 4 days, would an abdominal scan pick anything up then? Is it really as bad as I'm worrying it is?

No visiting the first tri board! :winkwink:

I KNOW!!!! Why, oh why did I do that??? :dohh: Lesson learned!

Morning!!!!
Wannabe I am so sorry to hear your news. FX'd for you next cycle :hugs:
I went to my group midwife session last night and all it was was going through all the paperwork you do at booking in and getting all the books and my bounty pack. And that's it now untill my one to one!!!
So is that why someone mentioned about the first tri board before? Is it because you hear loads of horror stories? x

Lilyfire you should see a little blob and a heartbeat at 7.5 weeks! It's quiet exciting!

Is that with the trans-vaginal or can they pick it up on an abdominal at that point? Oh my goodness, I can't wait! :D

Also (last question!!) is anyone else nervous about a trans-vaginal ultrasound? I've heard a lot of stories of spotting afterwards which I REALLY want to avoid, as well as some other things that scare me. We are too scared to even have sex at the moment. (my own stupid fault for visiting the first tri board) My scan is in 2 weeks at 7 weeks 4 days, would an abdominal scan pick anything up then? Is it really as bad as I'm worrying it is?

I have never spotted after a TVU, I have a retroverted uterus and it's the only kind they can do on me and actually see something. I don't think you have anything to worry about! :hugs:

I have a tilted uterus too! Trying to remember that it makes it harder for scanning in case they have a hard time finding my little bean...

Morning!!!!
I went to my group midwife session last night and all it was was going through all the paperwork you do at booking in and getting all the books and my bounty pack. And that's it now untill my one to one!!!
So is that why someone mentioned about the first tri board before? Is it because you hear loads of horror stories? x

Yes... please don't go there. Just stay here with us!!! :D

Yey for your midwife visit! I have my first prenatal appointment in 2 weeks, CAN'T WAIT! Hang on, isnt it 5am in the UK? Why are you up??!!!

Morning!!!!

Goodnight! And, yeah...lots of horror stories. When is your one to one?

I have never spotted after a TVU, I have a retroverted uterus and it's the only kind they can do on me and actually see something. I don't think you have anything to worry about! :hugs:

I have a tilted uterus too! Trying to remember that it makes it harder for scanning in case they have a hard time finding my little bean...

Definitely can make scanning harder, they couldn't find ANYTHING with my MMC on an abdominal scan and thought it was ectopic, then they did a TVU and there it was, in the uterus. Still sad news, but better than a ruptured tube!

I know I know I get up with my hubby and make his sandwiches and a coffee and then go back to bed in a minute!! It's since I've been pregnant I find I can't go back to sleep in the mornings, anyone else?
Cricket my one to one is booked for 31st October when I'll (touch wood) be 9weeks. They will then scan me around 12-14weeks :happydance:

I know I know I get up with my hubby and make his sandwiches and a coffee and then go back to bed in a minute!! It's since I've been pregnant I find I can't go back to sleep in the mornings, anyone else?
Cricket my one to one is booked for 31st October when I'll (touch wood) be 9weeks. They will then scan me around 12-14weeks :happydance:

Yup, once I'm up, I'm up. Plus having an overactive pregnancy bladder and an iPhone with this forum bookmarked means I'm pretty much screwed trying to get back to sleep! But I'm gonna try! Good night or good morning ladies! :D

Hey ladies - a quick question. My HCG at 15dpo was 230 and yesterday at 24dpo they came back as 10,909 :D! I am over the moon (and it explains the increase in nausea etc) but is that a little high? I wasnt expecting it to increase that much.

The doc wants me to go for U/S tomorrow because of the m/c last month, the spotting that I had a couple of weeks ago and to check all is well and where it should be. I will only be 5w5d so dont expect to see anything. I have to pay for it too and its $175 eek! Money is tight and not sure if I want to pay to potentially see nothing but on the other hand super-excited that I 'might' see something. I dont know what to do!!!

Morning peeps. Sorry I went a lil quiet yesterday, took my miserable self off for stalking to! Lol I also have tilted uterus so I'm fully expecting trans vaginal tomorrow! It didn't cause me to spot last time, the tech was very gentle. Giggles, tough call, if you can afford it, I'd do it! Putting your mind at rest is priceless.

Xx

A taking to, not stalking to! Haha! WOOPWOOP! it's sweet pea day! X

I'm sure Laura will update soon! She's a bit preoccupied right now...

Sorry bout the slack updating, I only have an iPad at home and when you try to edit a post, you dont get the little side bar that let's you scroll down the page!!! X

So good to see you back Gemini - really praying all goes well for you tomorrow! xxx

I have just called and changed the appointment to next Friday (14/10) when I will be 6w5d. I cant really afford to have to have two as I had to have them last month because of the m/c! They are bloody expensive!!! Thought my HCG is going up well and having another blood test tomorrow which will ease my mind for a little while so I would rather 'try' and wait until there is more chance of seeing that little heartbeat!

Good idea. I. Hoping I might see something other than a sac tomorrow, but I know I'm being a lil overoptimistic, not helped by the fact my uterus is tilted! But midwife said she would refer me for one about 8 weeks if not! X

I hpe you see something too! I had early scans with both of my little ones - I have spotted in all pregnancies!! With DS it was about 6-6 and half weeks and we saw a lovely heartbeat. With DD it was about 5 and half weeks and the told me there was no heartbeat and I was miscarrying. They tried to book me in for D&C but I refused and said I would live things to happen naturally. I emigrated to Australia two weeks later and a few weeks after that, had an ultrasound to be told I had a very happy 10 wk old bub in my belly! Pleased I stuck to my guns eh!!! :D

Lol it's crazy how many stories I've read where this has happened! Makes me wonder how many angels are angels purely on the misdiagnosis of a dr. Had a crazy thought the other day that it was a goverment ploy to keep population under control! (don't ask, I have a very long commute to and from work...) x

Haha gemini -my mind works in kind of the same way. Put me in a quite room with no entertainment and my brain comes up with all sorts.

I agree with what you say about misdiagnosis.....so to all of those ladies having early scans, if you dont see a heartbeat, keep hope! These things can take time to happen and all is not lost in these early days! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->