June Bundles of Joy - 2016

Wow these very efficient breastfeeders! I've had 3 children now and not one of them ever fed for LESS than 45 mins, honestly they would do 45-60 mins then come off and want on again 5 mins later!

Tinky a stone under?! Mental!!

I meant pixie sorry lol. I'm totally distracted Arthur had his 8 week jabs today and it was AWFUL. 2 needles in one leg, 1 in the other plus rotavirus in the mouth. He has been totally screamy and in pain since despite the calpol. He also feels really hot. They told us to give him regular calpol so we have but he's still a mess. Sad

Xander used to feed like that in the early days. We used to have to leave wherever we were and get home quick because otherwise we'd be stuck at the in laws or wherever for an age while he fed. Georgie is so efficient but I'm a stinge and I also cut her off when she starts comfort sucking. If she roots she can go straight back on but generally if I lift my boob she just gives it up so she must be done with it :haha: she mostly just feeds and comes straight off on her own though. I completely know how lucky I am. Xander was a boob napper and I could never move!

Oh boo what a shame for little Arthur :hugs: Georgia doesn't have hers till next week. Did you give him calpol before the jabs or just after? I really hope he's feeling better tomorrow, ive heard the 8wk jabs are pretty brutal :-(

Oh boo what a shame for little Arthur :hugs: Georgia doesn't have hers till next week. Did you give him calpol before the jabs or just after? I really hope he's feeling better tomorrow, ive heard the 8wk jabs are pretty brutal :-(

Yes the letter with the appointment came with a big sign from our doctors to give calpol before we even went for the jabs! And then they were very specific to carry on for 24hrs at least but probably through tomorrow as well. She said basically all babies get high fevers with the new meningitis B one which is why they are suddenly much worse than they used to be. My others were fine but they didn't get that one. I'd definitely rather Arthur had them all but it's awful seeing him like that xx

Aww boo I'm sorry I too have heard the 8 week jabs are horrid. I hope Arthur feels better soon.

Lil pixie I second the starving thing - I can't get enough food! And most of it is unhealthy! Although today I have started fancying fruit as a snack.

I'm at my pre pregnancy weight but have been eating a lot recently too (and I'm barely breastfeeding as she is mostly formula fed so that's not the reason). I think being sleepy and run down is making me want to eat more. I've been craving meat which is something I rarely eat.

Poor Arthur!

I'm still struggling to get my eating under control, I'm almost eating like I'm still pregnant. It's just being so tired. Weirdly though, since being pregnant, fruit is much more appealing to me now, so that's a bonus :)

Pixie - just wow about your weight loss! I brought jeans with me to my mum's as you had said about quickly losing all your pregnancy weight. Let's just say it's lucky I brought leggings too :haha:

Perfect prep machine arrived today so I need to figure out how to use it!

My poor baby has a cold. Today that means she's sleeping loads (hope that continues tonight ;)) & explains yesterday's clinginess.

Prep Machine is the best thing ever! You sill soo get the hang of it. :)

Aw Teeny I'm sorry to hear you will miss your holiday, such a shame, but hope recovery is going well.

I was also wondering about Lavo. Hope she's ok.
Just put Poppy in a 0-3 romper from boots, I have packed a lot away for Monday and it was hanging up from where I brought it the other day, I expected it to drown her but was ok because it's arm and footless, but it fits perfectly. I'm soooo sad :( haha!

Baby girl wears 0-3 and it fits, but won't for long. She's only 6 days old. :-(
Did I have the biggest baby at 9lb 6oz?!

Poor Arthur and being poorly from his injections. I'm dreading them. Xx

I haven't weighed myself for months. I might check tomorrow. I've probably still got about 2 stone to lose. Xx

Oh my days what a nightmare. I will never have any more children that is for sure. I've left the hospital today but still feeling quite traumatised which is why I'm not being active, I'm hoping to catch up with what I've missed tomorrow.

I've had the transfusion and my iron levels are back up to 9.4, still anemic but I feel much better. They basically told me that I was one bleed away from dying so it is a good job that I spotted symptoms and went back, the doctor who made the decision to send me home will be facing a stern word or two from the consultant I think. Unfortunately for me after the transfusion I came down with a slight temperature, they have taken another three lot of bloods from me and a chest X-ray however there doesn't seem to be a lot wrong with me and they have said we may never know, which is why I have discharged myself. I can't cope in hospital anymore, I feel like I'm missing my son growing up and he has an awful heat rash because the ward is so damn hot! I've got oral antibiotics and have also had 24hr via IV, I feel quite well so I'm just hoping that this is the start of recovery now. I couldn't have foreseen this, I knew that labour would be painful but all of the hassle after has left me broken. A lot of people seem to be ill on the ward and the midwives look worse than me, I feel sorry that they have to go to work like that, it isn't good for them or the vulnerable patients they have.

Rupert is fine and is now pooing for Britain! :happydance:

Sorry for the essay but that is the short story. I hope all of you and your babies are doing well and look forward to catching up soon. x

Lavo, I hope hints improve soon <3

H's sleep is regressing. She won't nap in bassinet anymore during the day. And tonight she went a 5 hour stretch before first feed (feed 630, bed 730, feed 1130) instead of 6 hours :(. Is it normal to regress?

Lavo, I hope hints improve soon <3

H's sleep is regressing. She won't nap in bassinet anymore during the day. And tonight she went a 5 hour stretch before first feed (feed 630, bed 730, feed 1130) instead of 6 hours :(. Is it normal to regress?

Unfortunately it is very normal! Have a look at "The wonder weeks", developmental leaps often cause regressions. The 4 month sleep regression was hell with my son!!!

AFM, Juniper only woke once last night, I put her down at 10pm, she woke at 2.45 and fed 3-3.30 and is still asleep after that feed now at 6.30. I should be thrilled but I am just worried after her weight struggles. She will be weighed on Monday. :/

I want to wake her but she feeds so lazily if I do that, I need her to have a GOOD feed so I'm just willing her to wake up now. My 3yo has been up for an hour anyway so it isn't like I'm having a lie in!:haha:

Teeny i think so, although maybe Juni was close behind...?!

So sorry you have had such a rough time Lavo. I hope today is the real start of your recovery <3

Poppy seems to have dropped a bottle :D :D
Im overly happy about that because the night feeds were slowly killing me. She would usually have a feed somewhere between her bedtime bottle and 2 am. But the past few days fingers xd shes had a bottle at 8/8.30 and then slept till 2.30! I celebrate that by going to bed at 8.30 too :lol: and feel like i could take on the world.
(still getting up at 5am thoughm closely followed by the other two, but hey, can't win them all!)

Madi has got up before 6 today because shes excited about going to Haven Monday, but i am actually dreading it now after seeing the weather. :(

Baby girl wears 0-3 and it fits, but won't for long. She's only 6 days old. :-(
Did I have the biggest baby at 9lb 6oz?!

Poor Arthur and being poorly from his injections. I'm dreading them. Xx

I haven't weighed myself for months. I might check tomorrow. I've probably still got about 2 stone to lose. Xx

Juniper was 9lb, but went down to 7lb15oz and is only just at 9lb again now!

Oh and well done to the ladies loosing or having lost their weight already. Im 1.5 stone up, and im honestly fat as hell, i have big ol' love handles now. But its BBQ season, so they can stay where they are :rofl:

Here a few recent ones of Pop <3 She is huge now.

13590475_10157109223810721_4525982982818103799_n.jpg

13567160_10157112709975721_6815735182086502555_n.jpg

13612319_10157112710150721_8083408166218833203_n.jpg

woaaaah theyre huge sorry !

Sorry to hear about the ordeal Lavochain. I'm glad you are feeling better though, as well as Rupert. Keep rested for your recovery. Xx

Poppy is such a doll. Gorgeous. Xx

Poppy is gorgeous!

Well done all the sleeping babies!

Arthur had a good night too, he is self settling to sleep in his Moses basket on an evening (touch wood!) and we wake him for a dream feed at 11. Then last night he didn't wake again until 4.30 yippee! And had a quick feed and settled again and he's still asleep now at 8.30! Going to wake him now though. I'm not getting my hopes up as it might just be his jabs that have made him sleepy...

My big boys didn't wake until 7.50 either so it's a happy household this morning lol

Forgot to mention yesterday that Arthur now weighs 10lb 5oz!!! He is gaining soooo well and his preemie days are long forgotten! He's still on 9th centile real time but 75th adjusted. She also did his length for first time ever and he is on 98th centile adjusted :haha: OH is over 6 foot so he's going to be tall. Which is why he doesn't 'look' like a 10lb baby because he's loooooong

Karli I hope the weather picks up for your holiday! We've had a BBQ cancelled for today because of the crappy weather :(

Great pictures!!

I've seen reading about baby sleep and it's stressing me out. Do you pretty much have tp sleep train? How do you get through it? I'm really overwhelmed at the thought.

Ugh weather is so hot here. In the 90s!

As for weight, I'm down to pre preg but my body looks so different! My skin is so loose and tummy is totally strange when sitting or laying down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->